Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1999 Camaro Z/28

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Camaro Z/28

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $12000
Mileage: 64600
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OK
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

This car has been great to me and I've been great to it. It's a 1999 Z/28 with 64000 miles on it. I has put tasteful upgrades to the car. I am the 2nd owner of the car, the first owner was a middle aged women who took good care of it, and it was stock when i purchased the car. It is a SS clone, I have always loved the SS so i put the hood and spoiler of a SS on it. The car has never been down the 1/4mile. I get around 20mpg in town and 26-28mpg on highway. Sorry for the distant pictures, can't seem to find any other pictures of the car but will update when i do. Feel free to ask any questions about the car. I'm asking 13,000 or best offer. Willing to negotiate.

Thanks for your interest,
Cory

Last edited by redbadss; 05-02-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump for the day
Old 04-16-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bumpp
Old 04-19-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump. have bigger better pictures on my photo album
Old 04-26-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here's some resized pics for you guys
new price is $12,000
Attached Thumbnails 1999 Camaro Z/28-user127542_pic4524_1227466599.jpg   1999 Camaro Z/28-user127542_pic4522_1227466599.jpg   1999 Camaro Z/28-user127542_pic4523_1227466599.jpg  
Old 05-02-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bumpp

this is a beautiful car guys, get compliments all the time on the street
Old 05-08-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bumpp
Old 02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's a bump from an old for sale thread. First off, I want to inform you guys on a little background on me and, of course, the car.

As a son to a local mechanic, my father grew up in or around a garage. He has all the normal maintenance knowledge and has been a motor enthusiast since a young age. Some of this knowledge has been past on to me and my brother, but we grew an interest in modifying our cars with the intent to better our vehicle mechanically and performance wise.

Being blessed with this interest and a generous helping from my parents, I was given a 99 Z28 that my father bought from a local Cadillac dealer right around the time I had gotten my permit. The car was a beauty with only 53,000 miles, Bright Rally Red paint, t-tops, bone stock, leather; it was truely a magnificent car for a 15 year old. With my father and brother both having a Trans Am I was glad to have something a little different, but soon realized it wasn't so different after all. The Z had just been cleared from the dealer to sell it, as the salesman informed me and my father that it had been traded in by and middle-aged couple that same day or just the day before (who purchased an Escalade).

My father always preached "If you treat your cars well, it'll treat you well". This notion was supported by his extensive care towards his 1983 Trans Am at the time. He never drove the car hard but always enjoyed quick sprints here and there when opted for it. This driving style was rubbed off onto me and my brother who rarely speed or drive wrecklessly like the wild teenagers you see all over the place, not to say I drive like a granny, but I know the limits and what is ok or not. Though not the longest stretch, within 3 and a half years of my driving experience I have yet to be pulled over for even an unbuckled seatbelt. No tickets, no warnings. Nothing.

So now that you have a basic knowledge on what I am like lets get on to the interesting part, the car. When you hear the term 'bone stock', the car that my father purchased was the truest definition of it. A remarkable, unthinkable to me, thing was uncovered when I was meddling around and learning the ins-and-outs of the car while dreaming of driving it(still in the permit age) one day in the garage. I struggled to get the T-tops off. There was a solidness to the attachment that made me think they had never been removed for a weekend drive, or even ever. Anyways, what I'm getting at is the car was all original. Then I was introduced to this forum where the mod bug hit me. First was the lid, then there was the smooth bellow, then before I knew it I had a SS spoiler, SS hood, and new black Torq Thrust M wheels, and Loudmouth II catback exhaust. Then I got a ported MAF, and a ported throttle body (thanks to the amazing work of Silverghost). There were obviously a few bumps in the road, but really minor bumps compared to the stories I have read on here. Things like a bad cam sensor, which was a weird thing to go wrong in my view, a sticky gas pedal, and the 'most common' window motor replacement were the only things that went wrong that come to mind as I type this.

Body wise, the car is remarkably good for its age, with smooth wet looking paint, minor chips and hard to see scratches are on the car. All but one dent/chip on the car was there when we purchased the car. I say that because I park away from cars, and have been determined to keep the car in immaculate condition. Then came the regret of parking in the normal student section of parking during my senior high school year as I returned from an off campus lunch break. When I returned to the parking lot after school I noticed an 8 inch long dent near the rear drivers side wheel well with white marks clearly on the area. A fellow female student has rushed out of her parking space and clipped the area and part of the wheel. The girl returned to the parking lot as I was checking out the minor damage and was shaken up by her accident. Her extended apology and honest mistake was forgiven by me, and I felt the damage was too minor to fix or replace the body panel so I comforted the girl by letting her on her way. I also cracked small jokes about the incident to relieve her stress and ease her feeling of guilt when around me during the rest of the semester of school. Only a minute chip of paint was lost and the dent is undetectable from most angles of viewing the car.

Now to my favorite part of the car, the exhaust. SLP Loudmouth II. I knew from absorbing the information on this site what exhausts were my top options, and had a little encourage my brother, who had SLP Loudmouth I and longtube headers, to go with the Loudmouth II set-up. The deep rumble in the rpm range and a wicked scream at WOT, the car finally had some character to it. The set-up it quite a bit louder than the silent stock set-up but easily tolerable compared to a headers set-up LS1. There is no rasp with this system and a slight drone around 1350 rpm that wasn't barely detected while driving home one day from school. I attached a spare set of 3.5" rolled chrome tips from a previous family car that really flow well with the flipped style SS spoiler and roundness shape of the car.

Suspension. My decision to upgrade the suspension is probably my least favorite of my modifications, but it is the regret that I didn't properlly view my usage of the car as it was. The stock suspension, that was replaced with new UMI Performance parts, were not in need of upgrade. Also the upgrades I purchased are barely noticeable by an avid racer and not ever used or noticed by my driving habits. This said, the only complaint on the suspension is a slight creak in the suspesion from the sway bar bushings (I have new bushings ready to install once warmer weather approaches).

So here is a long detailed overview of my car and who I am. The reason I am selling is because I am moving away for college and have decided to let this great car go to someone who will use it for what it is, not let it rust while I'm away at college. For a first car this has been more than a dream to drive. The LS1 Fbodys to me are only for the true enthusiasts and the best bang for your buck car out there. The performance, handling, surprisingly good gas mileage, and reliability are ahead of the 1999 year that the car was built and labeled with.

With that, any further questions are welcomed and encouraged. I hope to get $12,000 out of this car, but I am willing to negotiate within reason, as I am fully aware of the economical situations that the country is going through (and hopefully slowly recovering from).

edit: current mileage is 70,1xx and going strong.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump...
Old 02-17-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump... any feedback would be great, any suggestions or information that i should include is welcome.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Default ttt

free bump....sweet ride.

prolly more around the 10k range is realistic though
Old 02-19-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^thanks for the compliment and suggestion 99f1.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bumppp
Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Extremely nice looking car. Lower the price some and you will start getting some hits on here. Good Luck though
Old 02-21-2011, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

^Agreed. If it was around 10 I'd buy right now more than likely, not trying to low ball, I know times are tough, but fbodys are dropping in value like crazy. Bought my V6 in may for 6700 and im selling it for 4900...only put 10k on it. given it is a six, but almost 2k in one year!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bumpp, thanks for the kind words everybody!

Just replaced the battery last weekend.

The tires currently have right over 10,000 miles on them. When i got the tires rotated this past summer, the guy estimated 30,000 miles left on the tires (driver willing of course).

BrdOPry, shoot me a pm and maybe we can work something out.