Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2003 Orient Blue BMW 330i ZHP (competition package) - PERFECT daily driver!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Orient Blue BMW 330i ZHP (competition package) - PERFECT daily driver!

Year: 2003
Make: BMW
Model: 3-Series
Price: $15000
Mileage: 79950
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

CAR IS SOLD

[Chicago, IL]

It's a sad day. I'm forced to sell my 2003 330i ZHP sedan. It has 79,9XX miles. This car has been the perfect automobile for the last 2 years I've owned it. It's functional, sporty, quiet, everything I want in a car. It's probably one of the most solid, quiet, squeak/rattle free E46's I've ever been in - I just can't afford to have a car payment right now

For those who are unfamiliar with the ZHP pacakge, it's the closest thing to a 4-door E46 M3 that you could get. It has hotter cams, 3.07 diff (as opposed to the 2.91 of the regular 330), shorter steering rack, better control arms, short throw shifter, 6 speed manual (reg. 330's came with 5 speeds), etc etc. This package is fairly rare, and Orient Blue and ZHP together is really rare.

I bought this car intending for it to be my LAST daily driver (I have project cars, but I don't modify my dd's for reliability's sake). I work for a BMW dealership, so I get parts at almost COST. That being said, I know what eventually goes wrong on these cars, so I went about replacing EVERYTHING I knew *might* be a problem so it would be set to go for 100k and not need anything.

Here is the list of things I replaced with brand new OEM parts, installed by certified BMW master technicians over the last 2 years:
  • Complete 6 speed manual transmission
  • Throw out bearing
  • Shifter bearings, washers, selector guide (no shifter movement/freeplay)
  • Both rear diff side seals and pinion seal
  • All four window regulators
  • Xenon control module
  • Waterpump
  • Thermostat
  • Expansion Tank
  • Lower Rad hose with temp sensor
  • DSSA Valve
  • Crankcase Oil Separator (upgraded cold kit) with new dipstick tube
  • Drive Belts
  • Starter
  • Power steering pump
  • Power steering lines (including the really expensive pressure line)
  • Complete oil filter housing with new gasket
  • Updated hydraulic belt tensioner kit
  • Both rear tailight bulb carriers with updated wiring kit
  • (Previous Owner) CD Player/Radio
  • (Previous Owner) Ignition Coil recall performed
  • Both control arm bushings
  • Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads at all four corners
  • New OEM front rotors

Aside from an OEM BMW Performance shift **** and Akebono brake pads (no dust), this vehicle is COMPLETELY STOCK and has never been modified. All glass has BMW etchings and the car has never been in an accident in my possession, or on the Carfax/Autocheck and I believe it. It's perfectly straight everywhere. The car is super quiet on the inside and not your typical rattle/squeaky E46 - a testament to the fact it has remained stock and unmolested it's whole life.

This ZHP car has almost EVERY OPTION except Navigation. It has Sport/Competition Package, Premium Package, Coldweather Package, Top HiFi Harmon Kardon sound, etc. The interior is Alcantera, with Black Cube finishing trim. Here is a screenshot of the VIN breakdown:

THE GOOD:
  • Lower-ish miles for year
  • SUPER shiny paint, no rust ANYWHERE (of course)
  • Dealer maintained/serviced since day one
  • Adult owned (I'm 33 years old)
  • SUPER CLEAN inside and out, it was my baby
  • Near flawless Alcantera seating
  • Powertrain is good to go for YEARS.

THE BAD:
  • Don't have original wheels
  • Previous owner painted calipers red (I don't like it but hey..)
  • Usual wear and tear - one or two tiny dings, rock chips, etc
  • Could use new headlight lenses - some peeling at the edges (I can source for cheap)
  • Usual warn Alcantera steering wheel

About the wheels...

The wheels that are on the car now are 17x8 Ronal R46, and they currently have 225/45/17 Nokian WR winter tires on them. These will last at least one or two more snows. I'm not sure the offsets of the Ronal's but I know they are E90 offsets, so they are much more flush than the stock wheels were.

Anyway, I sold the ZHP 18's because I had bought a set of SSR's to replace them with. I ended up not liking the SSR's when installed and sold them at the end of the summer. I have yet to buy replacement summer wheels, but I love the look and style of these 17's. Plus the ride quality is WAY BETTER on rough roads. I never drive downtown (chicago) because I hate the pot holes, etc. I've had to do it a few times with this car and it soaks up bumps with NO PROBLEM on these 17's.

Down to business...

KBB Dealer Retail for this car is $16,380 and Private Party Value is $13,930.

I'm asking $15,000 FIRM. Car is located in the west suburbs of Chicago, IL.

I think that's a fair price considering the condition of the vehicle, and the fact that it has basically had almost EVERYTHING that could be a concern in the future taken care of (well over $10,000 in parts and labor).

If the new buyer is interseted, I will buy and install new summer tires on the existing wheels for a SUPER BARGAIN PRICE. $200 extra if you want Dunlop Direzza DZ101's summer tires, or if you want a good all season, I can also do BFGoodrich G-Force SuperSport All-Seasons for the same price, again - BRAND NEW.

ON TO THE PICS!!!

Click on this link to go to the WHOLE ALBUM: http://picasaweb.google.com/10707624...eat=directlink

Last edited by boostd4; 05-05-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Bumpity!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Car is sold.

Quick Reply: 2003 Orient Blue BMW 330i ZHP (competition package) - PERFECT daily driver!