Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula Firehawk, red, 6sp, Like New, 20k original miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula Firehawk, red, 6sp, Like New, 20k original miles

Year: 1995
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $13500
Mileage: 19950
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TN
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Asking price $13,500 OBO. The link has about 100 pictures.

http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/x...95%20Firehawk/

1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula Firehawk number 423. This is truly showroom new, ready for the show circuit. Car is located in Knoxville, TN.

The sticker on this car new was $30,000. It is still in new condition. I have all original paperwork. It has only been in the rain a couple of times by accident and is perfect in everyway. It currently has 19,947 miles, but I drive it on weekends if the weather permits.

It has factory bright red base/clear paint and graphite leather interior. Everything works 100%. It has a six speed manual transmission, A/C and all power options.

Firehawks are the predecessor to the modern Camaro SS. A company in New Jersey called Street Legal Performance was contracted by Pontiac to modify the factory car. As a result, it is a factory RPO R6V. If it doesn’t have this RPO it is not a genuine Firehawk. The cars were sent back to the factory for a third inspection (original factory inspection, SLP inspection, then back to the factory). They were only produced when a customer special ordered one and I have the original customer order sheet.

SLP makes the following modifications to make the “base” Firehawk: Ram air hood, ram air filter housing and intake tube, Corvette spec large air filter, high flow exhaust, stiffer suspension bushings, Speedline wheels (made in Italy) with 275/40/17 tires, Firehawk decals (doors, headlight, rear bumper, serialized plaque on ash tray cover. Stock power increased from the base LT1 275hp to 300hp. In 1995 they made about 600 units.

This one has the following Firehawk options: Hurst shifter and Firehawk floor mats (never used still in original box).

The interior is absolutely perfect. The original Pontiac floor mats are installed, but never had feet on them because rubber mats were installed on day one on top of the factory mats. The exterior is also perfect and stored in a garage with an indoor satin, stretch, flannel lined car cover.

I have made some minor performance modifications that can all be easily reversed for someone who wants a 100% factor car. I installed an intake airfoil, 160 degree thermostat, LT4 Knock module, and have downloaded a performance program custom made by Alvin at PCMforless.com. He is known as the top guy in the country for safe but effective performance engine tunes. It also has a gutted Magnaflow Catylitic converter and high flow SLP muffler. The OEM parts were saved and can be reinstalled in minutes. No pipes were cut or welded to install the aftermarket parts. The actual horsepower at the crank is probably more like 340hp, but the car has never been on a dyno. It has also never been raced or had an aggressive launch with the tires spinning.

I am the third owner. I bought it on 1/23/08. See carfax below. The car has only had synthetic oil and it was changed by all owners every 6 months regardless of miles (but always less than 3,000). When I purchased it I replaced all fluids, including brake and PS fluids, with synthetic. I also changed the original spark plugs using AC Delco Rapid Fire properly gapped to factory specs.

It will likely hold or increase value especially because Pontiac is no longer a brand and there were so few made. It was also a factory hot rod that was sent out of the factory for modifications. Starting in 1998, all GM F-bodies hot rods such as the Camaro SS and Firebird WS6 were brought in house by GM to save money. As a result, they made a lot more of these and they won’t retain their value as the originals will. Incidentally, the hood is unique to the Firehawk and SLP. You can also tell a Firehawk clone, because they always use the WS6 ram air hood which was different than SLPs version which is very rare.

The car handles and drives like new and has incredible power. SLP and the car mags tested the 93-95 Firehawk and got from 0-60 in 4.9 to 5.0 seconds and did the quarter mile in 13.6 seconds at 105 mph stock. With the slight mods made to this one, it will do a little better, although it has never be to the track or launched by spinning the tires or popping the clutch. Whoever is interested in a car like this will buy it when they see it.

Please call me at 865-384-6318. No trades please. I don’t check the website for postings so please contact me on my cell or email at dan_pelensky@comcast.net

Purchased: 1996
Type: Personal
Where: Ohio
Est. miles/year: 1,460/yr
Est. length owned: 1/15/96 - 11/14/05 (9 yrs. 9 mo.)

Low mileage! This owner drove an estimated 1,460 miles per year, lower than industry average of 15,000 miles. These vehicles can be a better value.
Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
01/15/1996 OhioMotor Vehicle Dept.West Chester, OH Registered aspersonal vehicle

01/26/1996 OhioMotor Vehicle Dept.West Chester, OHTitle #0900427051 Title issued or updatedFirst owner reportedLoan or lien reported

11/21/1998 9,000 OhioInspection Station Passed emissions inspection

04/02/2001 OhioInspection Station Passed emissions inspection

08/26/2003 OhioMotor Vehicle Dept.Mason, OH Registration updated when owner movedthe vehicle to a new location

08/26/2003 13,000 OhioInspection Station Passed emissions inspection

Purchased: 2005
Where: South Carolina
Est. miles/year: ---
Est. length owned: 11/14/05 - present (2 yrs. 1 mo.)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
11/14/2005 South CarolinaMotor Vehicle Dept.Columbia, SCTitle #770320151369917 Title issued or updatedNew owner reported

12/30/2005 15,386 South CarolinaMotor Vehicle Dept.Columbia, SCTitle #770320151369917 Registration issued or renewed

08/21/2006 South CarolinaMotor Vehicle Dept.Columbia, SCTitle #770320151369917
Old 08-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car has been sold

Quick Reply: 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula Firehawk, red, 6sp, Like New, 20k original miles