Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1986 Monte SS w/ 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1986 Monte SS w/ 6.0

Year: 1986
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Monte Carlo
Price: $12500
Mileage: 1
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Just throwing it out there to see if anybody was interested:

The car was built to be a daily driver and a weekend strip car, all while maintaining some comfort, style, and almost everything you’d want. I’ve had the car for about 6 or 7 years, and done a lot of the work myself, or had it done by professionals. I can answer all questions about the car, good or bad, but this is all off the top of my head, don’t have receipts for everything as I thought I would have the car forever—don’t need to sell, just putting it out there:

Engine: 2002 Escalade Motor w/ 4l80e transmission. Still maintains Fuel injection. Engine had 75k miles on it when I bought it, tore it apart and put a new cam into (zo6 cam and springs/rods) new seals, , new water pump, new alternator, new starter, new power steering pump. Headman headers midlength recently installed, true dual exhaust 3” with flowmasters.

Rearend: Grand national 8.5” rearend. Was rebuilt about 10k miles ago and had an eaton posi put into it, as well as a set of 4.11 gears.

Interior: Black leather/vynle mix with green stitching. Has aftermarket stereo, 12” sub with amp, 6x9s in the back. Seats are out of a 96 trans am, don’t have headrests on them, but do have them recovered and can be put into the seats if wanted. Gauges are autometer for the speedo and the tach.

Other: OK, paint is about 2 months old. Good paint job, not show paint job, could use to be buffed out again. Custom green and black with iridescent flake in it. 4” cowl hood on it. Bilstein shocks on all four corners. Tires/rims are torq-lites 17x8 up front and 17x9 on the back. Back has Nitto 555 tires that are 255/50/17s and fronts are 245/45/17 futuras. Car does not have a/c, again does not! Does have an aftermarket heater setup on the inside. New carpet put on the interior, but needs to be shaped and cut a little bit more. Interior isn’t totally dyed black just yet, but I’m working on it. The interior was stripped down and dyno mat laid down as well as POR 15 to prevent rust.

Bads: Again, paint is not show quality. Its good, turns heads everywhere, but look very close and you can see very little underlying body work. Wouldn’t take much to finish either way. There is a slight leak from the top of the windshield, needs to be resealed. The cruise control isn’t hooked up, but doesn’t take much to do that. Could use a retune, tunedbyfrost in Richmond is a recommendation, runs fine as is, but could pick up some good HP and low end torque. The crossmember in it is for a 200r4, but works well with the 4l80e, if you’d rather have another one, I can give you a place to get it. The little things are all that this car needs, nothing big or huge, nothing that kept it from beign driven every day for the last year or two For questions, please email me @ leroy.otis@us.army.mil

More here:
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1..._2000/?start=0
Old 07-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Forgot, asking 12,500, will consider trades, or trades and cash...just in the mood for a different project now

First picture is a video:

Old 07-31-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it still have a/c and all accessories?
Old 07-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

A/C is gone, has block off plate. Inside is a mojave heater though, so it retains the heater. The car was meant to be a daily driver, but I really, at the time of build, didn't worry too much about a/c.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Staging Lane

TTT...anybody?
Old 08-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

bumping it up

Quick Reply: 1986 Monte SS w/ 6.0