Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 TA Blackbird

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 TA Blackbird

Year: 2001
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $24000
Mileage: 71000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NJ
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Ok, so a buddy of mine from work is trying to sell a very sexy car. Times have hit him hard and he doesnt want to sell but he needs to sell it. So here is some information on it.

you can contact him through ebay, or through me on this site. Please no trades. there are a some pics on ebay to look through as well.

here is the ebay posting for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_668wt_1167

here are the two youtube videos for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4umN6Ps85vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNrci-7y0jE

Up for sale is a Very Rare piece of Pontiac's history. This car is #3 of 50 ever made GMMG Blackbird Trans Am's. This car is on the GMMG video and also in most of the Blackbird Trans Am pics at GMMGinc. Blackbirds start out life as a fully optioned LS1, 6-speed WS6 Trans Am and are converted by GMMG for Carl Black into what they are today. They were featured in the Pontiac Enthusiast magazine March/April 2002 issue. This car is a Phase IIX, which is listed as having 475hp. It started as a Phase I which was 380hp, then it was upgraded to the Phase IIX. The Blackbird COPO 9380W Performance/Appearance Package(380hp), is a $6,000 option over the cost of a fully optioned WS6 Trans Am, which would equal $40,350. The Phase IIX is a $7,000 option on top of the COPO 9380W package, bringing the total of $47,350. I have the dyno sheet for the vehicle stating at the rear wheels it has 425+ hp and 388 Torque, which would equal to over 490hp at the crank. She is extremely fast, sounds amazing and is beyond beautiful. It has been well kept and garaged it's whole life. Everything works as it should...runs and drives like a dream. I have put very few miles on this car, it stays under the car cover locked in my garage at all times, unless I take it to a local car show. The interior is near perfect, as is the exterior. It has very few minor scratches as you would expect from a well taken care of 10 year old car that has 71,000 miles.

The COPO 9380W Pkg installed June 2001, includes 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, Dual hood stripes, dimpled front and rear rotors, 1.5" lowering springs, removed door trim pieces and Trans Am emblems, Painted (Metallic Silver) rear lower valance, Hurst shift ball, Mobil 1 under-hood emblem and oil cap, Numbered: windshield and rear view mirror, GMMG door plaque with dealer invoice #, rear view mirror with compass and auto dimmer, new under-hood emission sticker, 3.73 rear gears with special diff cover, reprogrammed ECM w/skip shift eliminator, cat back chambered exhaust with polished stainless tips, carbon fiber type air box lid, new mass air flow housing, 180 degree thermostat, U.D. crank pulley and belts GM air pump filter, ported exhaust manifolds with car # stamping.
BLACKBIRD Appearance Items: Black car cover with Blackbird Logo, Blackbird Floor Mats, Blackbird Cloisonne front fender and front bumper cover emblem, Blackbird key fobs, Silver faced Gauges with removed RPMx1000 for Blackbird Logo, Blackbird air cleaner lid sticker w/ hp and torque #'s, Black rear tail plastic panel and Blackbird Horsepower plaque.

GMMG "PHASE 2X - PERFORMANCE PKG (475hp) installed May 2007(1,300 miles ago). includes Dynotech full length stainless steel headers and cats, Phase 2x camshaft, Phase 2x cylinderheads w/gaskets and head bolts, Phase 2x chrome moly pushrods, Phase 2x valve springs, Phase 2x computer recalibration with 6,500 rpm rev. limiter, chassis dyno tuning, red brake calipers w/black brake brackets, 475hp hood decals, red valve covers, red GM performance plug wires, 4.10 rear gears, lower control arm relocation brackets, spec lightweight flywheel, NGK - TR55 plugs. Dyno sheet and other paperwork comes with the sale of the car.

I have never raced this car, so I am not sure what it will do in the quarter mile, but if I had to guess, I would say an easy low 12's maybe high 11's with good slicks. You may never have a chance to get another Blackbird because of it's rarity. This is a true collector! Just see what the COPO Camaros are going for now. With the low numbers built, this car's value will keep going up in the years to come. I know you will enjoy this car as much as I have!

Please do not bid on her unless you have the funds or can get the funds. Buy it and drive it, or trailer it to keep the miles down. While listed on ebay, I will not drive the car, but may start it up in my garage. The car has exactly 71,000 miles on the odometer. If you have any further questions, please email me. This car is a specialty vehicle and is insured as such. Insurance cost me less than 500 dollars a year. Check out the videos. I reserve the right to end the auction at any time, I am selling locally. Just trying to sell it for what I owe. Happy bidding.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumpidy bump

Quick Reply: 2001 TA Blackbird