Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS: 2002 Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: 2002 Camaro Z28

Year: 2002
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $10000
Mileage: 77000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

UPDATE: I took the car in today to get an inspection sticker and it passed. Also the a/c wasn't blowing cold so I had that repaired today too. I washed the car so new pics are up, and because of some family issues that came up, the car is being relisted for sale at $10,000 cash. Looks like I should have waited a day before posting this for sale. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I can no longer store my Z28 at my parent's house as they just bought another car and want the extra driveway space. I bought this car in March/April of 2007. In October of 2008, I bought an HHR SS which became my daily driver so the z28 was my daily driver around a year and a half. I've only driven it once this entire year so far so I think it's better to sell it than let it keep sitting. I know it's dirty in the pics but I live in Huntsville and the car is in Spring at my parents' and everytime I try to go down and wash it, it rains. Just like today. I've kept the oil changed often, always using Castrol 0w30 european formula and the longer oil filter, I think a napa gold is on it right now, might be a purolator gold. The fuel filter was replaced when I bought the car at 60k and I had the radiator flushed then too.
The car is heavily modded. Most of the work was done by LMR. Conley's did the shocks, clutch, and drill mod.
The hood and spoiler were put on and painted by Richey Collision. Everything else is LMR.
The car was in a fender bender a year after I got it in the front right where the bumper and fender meet. There was no damage to the hood and wheel/tire so it wasn't very bad. I took it straight to Richey Collision since I knew how amazing they are and I had already used them before to install/paint the hood and spoiler. They fixed it up flawlessly.
A few things you should know are that from day one, the textralia oz7000 clutch I had installed has chattered. I've been told this is common for these but it annoys the crap outta me so I thought you should know. I've seen that some people say a few clutch dumps can fix it but I never did it so maybe you could try that and see if it helps. The biggest thing I want to mention is the cam. It bucks pretty good under 2k rpms and a lot of times it will die when you clutch in unless you tap the gas pedal. Some people can handle bucking better than others but I don't like it at all, personally. I had PatG tune it and LMR(Joe) has tuned it after the 3.90 gears went in. It's still there. I highly suggest a TR224 or smaller cam and retuning for it.
I've tried to list everything below and for things that weren't installed in the first 1k I had it, I've tried to list when they were installed.
Included with the car are two stock a-pillars since there are now holes in mine from mounting the tweeters up there and the triple guage pod on the driver's side.
The car is running in SD but I will probably add the maf back in since it is bucking a lot more without it.
If you have any questions, just let me know.

2002 Camaro Z28
navy blue metallic
m6
77k miles
Car was completely stock when I bought it at 60k so all mods are less than 17k or 3 years old
I bought it in March/April of 2007
has t-tops, beige leather interior, fog lamps
Made 455rwhp on dyno

Looks:
17x9/17x11 ttm anthracite wheels with sumitomo tires, good tread life, no wheel damage
SS reproduction spoiler
VFN sunoco hood
black halo style headlights
smoked clear turn signals
clear small light housings on the sides of the rear bumper
2007+ Z06 style stainless Z28 badges from muffin buster
stainless mirror camaro bumper insert
rear camaro panel painted flat bumper black
metal grill in front bumper. I had it powder coated black locally and added an old school blue chevy bowtie emblem.
SLP license plate holder in the front so I can have a grill and license plate
brake calipers painted blue/silver
slotted/drilled rotors

Interior:
30% tint on side windows, 5% on back, no discoloration
pro 5.0 shifter
short stick
black UMI pistol grip shifter
also included is white ball shifter and stock leather hurst shifter
Triple gauge pillar but I only have a PLX A/F gauge in it at the moment
Digital tach/shift light located in gauge cluster area, it's the tube style from autometer and one of the little lines is out as of today so you can't tell the difference between 500 and 900 and 600 and 800
I'm including two stock a-pillars so you can do what you want

Sound:
single din touch screen Clarion head unit(zd7000 from what I recall)
Pioneer premier component speakers
Tweeters relocated to A-pillars to raise sound stage
Lunar high current amp located in back left well hole to run the component speakers up front
500watt Rockford amp located on panel behind back seat
Carpeted box that fills the well in the back with 4 Rockford Punch 8" subs

Engine:
85mm lid
85mm Z06 maf
4" smooth silicone hose and stock bellows included
90mm nick williams throttle body
90mm FAST intake ported by Vengeance Racing
PRC 5.3l stage 2.5 heads milled to 59cc chambers
.040 head gaskets
GM LS7 lifters
hardened pushrods
Yella terra ultralite rocker arms
ported LS6 oil pump
LS2 timing chain
pistons flycut 2cc
42lb green top injectors
Walboro 255l fuel pump

Brand new added less than 300 miles ago by LMR:
Comp kit that includes dual springs, valve seals, titanium retainers, and spring seats. Rated to .650 valve lift
new 238/236 .615/.602 111-1 cam spec'd by Predator Z for lots of low end and midrange torque
3.90 gears
new Moser axles
MSD wires and WeaponX spark plugs from CCPerformance. The weaponx spark plugs were recommended to me by CCPerformance, they are supposed to be the same as TR55 irridium X but with a few upgrades so even better.

Transmission:
rebuilt by Joe at Six Speeds Inc, now he's at LMR
Textralia OZ700, has always had chatter. I've been told some good clutch dumps would remove it but I've never done it.
master(with drill mod), slave, and pilot bearing were replaced when the above were installed

Exhaust:
Whole Exhaust setup is brand new, less than 300 miles:
LPP stainless 1 3/4" headers with high velocity merge collectors
a/c delco o2 sensors
LPP stainless 3" offroad y-pipe with wideband installed for A/F gauge
GMMG cat-back
massive chrome dual 4" corsa clones. Real Corsa's are 3.5".

Suspension:
poly motor mounts
UMI Subframe connectors welded in
Bilstein shocks front and back selected by Sam Strano

The wideband is run to the gauge and to the computer in the EGR location so when tuning, you log EGR voltage. You can get the proper pids from HPTuners forum to log AFR or lambda through EGR.

I'm asking $10k cash for the car.

I think I've mentioned everything I can think of. If you have any questions, let me know.
Thanks
-Chris
Old 09-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Teching In

Pm sent
Old 09-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Very interested, PM sent
Old 09-11-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast