Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 Camaro V6 automatic, parts car

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default 1998 Camaro V6 automatic, parts car

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $1000
Mileage: 161000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

1998 Camaro
3.8L V6
4L60E with Transgo SK-4L60E shift kit
10 bolt with 3.42 gears, Torsen posi
t-tops
gray cloth interior
power windows/locks
remote entry
factory alarm
CD player
Tinted tail lights and side markers
Sonar projector headlights
Black front markers
Clean title

Has 161k on the body and transmission. Engine has 124k, rear end has just about 110k on it (upgraded from stock open 3.08 to the torsen 3.42).

The good:
Engine runs great, trans shifts firm. Flick of the key and fires right up. Was my daily driver, gets 32mpg open highway at 70mph. Last tank I got 30.7mpg with mostly highway and some stop-and-go driving. I've only run Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic in the engine since I've had it.

The bad:
Front left damage from the previous owner hitting a deer, then a winter mishap a long while ago. Cracked front bumper with scuffed paint, driver side fender, and the corner of the hood is a little banged up. Interior has some wear and tear, mostly from the previous owner. Some surface rust on the rockers, moderate rust underneath.

The ugly:
Got wrecked today on the interstate. The passenger rear end got ran into a concrete wall and caved it in Bent the rear passenger wheel and blew the tire. The hatch no longer seals, and the driver side quarter has a wave in it now so it must have tweaked the structure pretty well.

Doors still open and close, can move under its own power (aside from the blown wheel being an issue). All the glass is intact. Nothing from the doors forward got touched by the accident. Mirrors are good, t-tops are good, passenger fender, interior in general (dash pad is intact!), engine, trans, front suspension is fine. Not sure on the rear suspension until I can jack it up and take a look at it. I was too shaken up and sore today to do anything with it.

I've been told I could easily get more than $1000 for it by parting it out (probably get $1000 out of the engine and trans alone), but honestly if I could sell the car as a whole for $1000 and not have to deal with taking it apart, that's fine with me. Maybe someone here needs a parts car, or has the time to part it out and make some money. Hey, the dash pad is a rare one - it isn't cracked lol.

If it doesn't sell as a whole car, I'll be parting it out I guess.

Some pics, before the accident:

And after the accident

A PM is the best way to reach me. I'm about an hour north of Columbus, OH.

Last edited by SparkyJJO; 09-16-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply: 1998 Camaro V6 automatic, parts car