Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

92 Formula 350 needs some work but awesome driver!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Formula 350 needs some work but awesome driver!

Year: 1992
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $2500
Mileage: 160000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Hey everyone!

Up for sale here is my 1992 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350. I love this car to death, but being in college and getting ready to do internships and stuff, I need to get rid of the toy and get something a bit more practical.

Anyway, I'll start with the good stuff. The car is a RPO code and VIN-verifiable Formula 350 with factory t-tops (I say that because there are still people that insist that you couldn't get t-tops in cars with the L98 after like 1990 or something). The car has about 160,000 miles on it, but sounds like a lot, but this thing has been babied and certainly drives like it. The drivetrain is awesome, and the car has plenty of power and runs like a car with half as many miles. I have owned the car since January of 2009 and really haven't driven it all that much since I've owned it. I took it off the road in the winter so that it would never see salted roads while in my possession.

The car has the center console swapped in from a 4th gen. Firebird, which is nice because it hides the window switches under the ashtray cover, and also includes like 4 cupholders.

The good: I put a good bit of work into this car. When I got it, I had the egr valve replaced because on extended highway driving the SES light would pop on. Unfortunately, since the egr temperature sensors are no longer made, the light still does this occasionally after long drives. It doesn't affect the engine in any way so I never bothered with it. I had the cap, rotor and plugs replaced this past summer, and also put in two new headlight motors. The car has an aftermarket Alpine head unit powering Polk Audio speakers and tweeters. The front speakers are in custom kick panel enclosures. This all comes with the car.

The bad: the car needs some work. Nothing that affects drivability though. One of the power steering hoses has a slow leak. I have the replacement hose, but I never got around to fixing it so I would just add fluid once in a while. The car's exhaust isn't the best. Still sounds awesome, but has exhaust clamps in places. I accidentally kicked off the drivers side door cupholder during a rainstorm once. Since it was in the way to begin with in my opinion, I just left it off. Easy fix. The passenger side seatbelt guide screw holes are stripped out. Bigger screws or something and you're set.

The biggest issue is that the car needs some body work. This past May my sister decided to not use her sideview mirrors while backing down the driveway, and sideswiped the car. It's nothing too major, but it does need some work. In addition, the rear spoiler is cracked on one side, which happened before I bought the car. I was quoted around $800-$850 for both the sideswipe damage and the spoiler if done not through insurance. None of the damage affects drivability or function at all.

So yeah, I think that's it lol. I'd love to get $3000 for it, but realistically I'd like to get as close to $2500 as I could. I just need money towards a more practical car lol. As far as trades go, I'd be interested in a Subaru WRX or 2.5RS, a late Mk3 or Mk4 Jetta with either the 1.8T or the VR6, or maybe a GTI or something. Lemme know what you have, the worst I could do is say that it's not what I'm looking for currently. Standard please! lol I'd much prefer stick, I'm tired of automatics.

The car is located in Olivebridge, NY, which is west of Kingston, NY. I am away at school but can come home so people can look at it if interested.

I might have left something out, so if you wanna know more, PM me!

Thanks for looking!!

DanJz

Old 10-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Teching In

ttt.......$2800 obo. Also have a 4 wheeler I'd be willing to throw in if we add another $800 to the price. Need the money, gotta get a decent daily driver!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Teching In

$2700 obo. Would love for the Formula to be gone by the winter, I really need a daily driver!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Teching In

I'd also consider a trade for a decent Audi A4 as well, 98 or newer preferably, must be a manual. I would probably be able to include some cash as well as possibly an ATV on my end as well
Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Teching In

bump....

Hoping to have this gone by the winter when I'm home and need a car again....
Old 11-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Teching In

ttt..........Winter's coming and I'd really like this gone soon! Would take $2600 at this point or trades for anything listed previously. Let me know! I can still include an ATV AND a go-kart with the car. That's everything for $3500!!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Teching In

winter bump. She's getting put in the garage for the winter this weekend so once the snow comes, she's there until spring unless someone wants to dig my garage out for me lol