Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1999 Factory stripper Z28 M6 roller

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1999 Factory stripper Z28 M6 roller

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $2500
Mileage: 182000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): KS
Color: Silver
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

For those who are unfamiliar with the factory stripper cars, they are zero option cars from the dealership. It is a hardtop car with manual windows, manual locks, manual cloth seats, no traction control, no foglights, no rear window defroster, etc. Car does have a CD player and AC because they were standard, not options. Car did not come with a button for the trunk either but it was installed by the previous owner of the car.

I bought the car with 154k miles out of Texas, it has around 182k now. It was my daily driver for a long time until I got a company vehicle, and got me through the last two winters without incident. Car weighs 3,200 lbs without me in it on the 16's, would be a perfect starting point for a serious drag car. Car will have complete AC system but will not have engine, transmission, wiring harness/PCM, or driveshaft. Will retain 6-speed pedal set and center console.

I want $2500 for the roller. Located in Overland Park, KS (Kansas City area). Feel free to PM me with any inquiries. Car has clean title.

The good:
- Hooker Aerochamber catback
- SLP lid with K&N panel filter
- Adjustable clutch master cylinder (stock rod threaded for adjustment)
- "Drill Mod" on the clutch line
- Microswitch on the clutch pedal (I used it for a 2-step/WOT shift function through EFI Live)
- New GM updated slave cylinder
- Factory 10-bolt with 3.73 gears, Auburn Pro differential, and a TA aluminum rear end cover with main cap brace.
- Rear brakes are ground down to clear 15" drag wheels
- QA1 R-series coilovers in the front modified to accept the stock spring
- Madman offset lower control arms
- Bumpstops cut out to allow a bigger tire. Car has never had anything bigger than a 275/50/17 (28”) radial under it but we did it in the anticipation of bigger and better things
- UMI LCA relocation brackets
- BMR on-car adjustable panhard bar
- Competition Engineering 3-way adjustable drag shocks
- Top half of the back seats removed. Bottom foam still in place
- 16x8 Firebird wheels x4. 245/50/16 Fuzion ZR1’s. Two have a ton of tread (currently on the back), two are worn down.
- ETX16 Seadoo battery. Saves like 40 lbs over an Optima, has gotten me through two dead cold winters now and started the car every single time.
- Brand new hub assemblies (like $400)
- Carbon brake pads in the front, Wagner rotors.
- ARP extended wheel studs in the rear. Had them in the front until a hub went bad. Still have old hubs with ARP extended studs to send with the car, just never pounded them out and replaced them on the new hubs.
- Airlift drag bag on the right rear
- SS spoiler
- Black CAMARO lettering front and back
- Car had complete and working AC. Everything will go with the car complete and charged
- LT1 taillights
- Black turn signals

The bad:
- Driver’s side fender is busted. I hit a deer and luckily this was all the damage it did.
- Hatch leaks a little when it rains really hard. Hatch weatherstripping starts to come off on one side, I’m just guessing that’s what it’s from.
- Front bumper paint is cracked. Partly from the deer, partly from as low as the car sits and parking against a stopper at work a couple times
- Headlights are foggy
- Speakers suck. Only two of them even work I think. Radio will randomly cut out, if I smack the side of the console it comes back on
- No power steering. Factory rack leaked and the power steering pump bracket was cracked
- Oil pressure gauge on the cluster doesn't really work. Previous owner said it never worked right after he took the white face gauges off from owner before him. -
Passenger side rocker panel dented - Passenger side door has a blemish in the doorskin. Car comes with a complete good condition silver door, it never bothered me enough to swap them out.

Pictures (note: car will come with the silver 16's)

The car when it was stock
Old 10-12-2010, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG just as I want and within driving distance. To bad my money is tied up. GLWS
Old 10-14-2010, 10:54 PM

Car is pending with deposit, should be gone tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is the car still for sale?
Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope I got it in my drive way thanks gunnar I got a som roller with t tops ill sell you as a roller
Old 10-15-2010, 10:01 PM

Yup, car sold today! Just a few hours on a local site and it was gone. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.