Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

02 CAMARO SS LS1 T56 Swap & 92 HB 240sx (buy or trade)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 CAMARO SS LS1 T56 Swap & 92 HB 240sx (buy or trade)

Year: 1992
Make: Nissan
Model: 240SX
Price: $9995
Mileage: 52000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AL
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I have a great job opportunity coming up that won't allow me to keep playing with the car or really even see it for a year+ or so. I don't want it to just sit forever, so I am interested in selling the car as a whole or the swap/shell separately. I am wanting $9,995 for everything as a whole (running/driving car) or below if split up (I've put $12-13k into easily (not including all the extra parts included, nor including the car, time/labor or similar). Feel free to email me (tcbw07@yahoo.com) or pm me questions. I've been driving the car for 2k miles or so now without issue and I am supposed to go dyno this weekend, so I am not selling hopes and dreams, but an actual working car/pullout that has been driven for a while now (finished since June-ish). Chassis has 160k miles. **Anything stated as NEW is what I put on the car NEW when I did the swap so you can know what I've replaced/done since the swap came in**

**LS1 COMPLETE SWAP SOLD**

"Shell" - Pretty Well Restored - $2500 OBO
1992 Nissan 240SX Hatchback
All the old sound deadener carpet, hard shale junk and similar all removed and replaced with sound deadening spray (boom mat) - see pictures for more... works awesome without all the weight

ENKEI RPF 1 SILVER WHEELS front / rear (only 2k miles on them, like new) 17 x 9.5 rear with 255/40 17 (S03 pole positions) and 17 x 9 front with 225/45 17 (eagle good year F1s). Minimal wear obviously on tires since i've not driven but a few thousand miles.
NEW Black fleece headliner
NEW Black carpet (passenger/trunk)
Re-dyed Glovebox, Visors, Rear view mirror, trunk panels, and similar
NEW Hurst Shift ****
NEW WIPERS
NEW FLOOR MATS (front/rear)
REAR SEAT REMOVED, BUT ALL ITEMS SAVED
NRG FRONT UPPER STRUT BAR
NRG REAR UPPER STRUT BAR
ENERGY SUSPENSION STEERING RACK BUSHINGS (YAY play is gone)
2 GAUGE BATTERY CABLE TO RUN REAR MOUNTED BATTERY
OPTIMA YELLOW TOP BATTERY
I have been in multiple rain storms, ZERO LEAKS.
Did not have to modify any of the pedals/cables. They are all the stock OEM pedals without modification
STRIPPED ALL OLD TINT OFF, WINDOWS ARE LIKE NEW
Tons of work has been done, check it out more in my build thread.
NEW SEAT COVERS that match interior (gray/black)
EMS COILOVERS (yes they're cheap, but when installed and setup properly they ride quite well and handle way better than OEM old shocks and springs)
WALBRO 255LPH FUEL PUMP + NEW SOCK WIRED UP ALREADY
ONLY ABOUT 500 MILES ON THE FOLLOWING:
GOODRICH DOT SS BRAKE LINES ALL AROUND
NEW FRONT 5 LUG ROTORS BREMBO
NEW REAR 5 LUG ROTORS CENTRIC
NEW FRONT PREMIUM BRAKE PADS
NEW REAR PREMIUM BRAKE PADS
NEW 5 LUG CONVERSION HUBS/BEARINGS FRONT AND REAR
NEW HUB GREASE CATCHERS **IF ONLY YOU KNEW HOW HARD THESE WERE TO GET **

NOT INSTALLED YET, INCLUDED:
ENERGY SUSPENSION CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS
NEW FRONT TIE ROD ENDS
TRUNK MOUNT BATTERY INSTALL KIT (JC WHITTNEY?)
ALL the interior hardware that came with the car
UNDERCOATING SPRAY (was going to use to finish with the sound deadening)
NRG FRONT LOWER BRACE
Plus other items I am not thinking (will add tomorrow as I can)

What needs work
Dash has cracks (what's new). I left the top 3 screws undone so that it wouldn't worsen (hardware in bag). I'd recommend using the dash cover that is sold vs replacing dash.
Vibration in the dang buttons on the dash (simply take back out and put some new foam tape in it.. when I pulled it all apart the old nissan foam tape was toast... this was the only vibration/noise I could find in the whole chassis)
I've cut the carpet to fit in the car and to fit the seats, belts, levers, etc. But I haven't put the foot panels in and similar as it requires more trimming and negotiating (i was told to use a beard trimmer) for fitment. Not a big deal, I just haven't had the time to sit down and mess with it. Its nice having brand new carpet instead of 20yr old junk

BODY seems to have NO dents or damage. Only the HOOD has a problem. It has minor holes in it. I am working on replacing it now (generally $50-75).

You can see the restore and build process here for all the photos you need:
http://silviav8forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2606

I am planning to dyno this weekend. I will post up results when I can. I purchased the PRC dual valvespring kit and retainers off of here, so if the #s aren't high enough, then I will be adding a camshaft to get it in the 380-400whp range. If you are interested in the engine pullout or the vehicle complete. Keep in mind the valvespring kit is included so you can pick ANY camshaft you want to install up to a .650 lift (MS4, 228R, anything).

I also have all the receipts and similar of all the parts installed/included (yeah its a novel).
Attached Thumbnails 02 CAMARO SS LS1 T56 Swap & 92 HB 240sx (buy or trade)-dsc04648.jpg  

Last edited by RS777; 11-22-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

*Bump* for offers, ideas, trades, etc
Old 11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trade for my Trans Am? https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-bolt-ons.html
Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Not looking for the same car, but heavier. I am more interested in a stock automatic s13, s14, civic, or similar that's cheap + cash. I just need a backup car for my wife if she needs it while I am gone.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_1H1XUDs18 - Lamest LS1 video possible, but just cruising for about 4-5 minutes around 50 mph showing the OBDII works, coolant temps are stable, speedo outputs correctly, etc. I am working on the others now, but just trying to show the car runs and drives great, wiring is good, etc. Yes, it has a racing thermostat as it hangs around 170-185 degrees when its 40-50 degrees out like today. IF i get a lunch today, I will be able to post the rest up around then.

Last edited by RS777; 11-10-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

LS swap is sold. If anyone is looking for a good shell or similar, PM. Its already banged out and ready to accept any LS series v8 (trans tunnel needs a little love to accept the T56 ).

Quick Reply: 02 CAMARO SS LS1 T56 Swap & 92 HB 240sx (buy or trade)