Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 Camaro Z28 shell - SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Camaro Z28 shell - SOLD

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $500
Mileage: 100000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CO
Color: Black
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I'm not sure if this should be under "parts" or "vehicles", honestly. So I apologize if this is the wrong spot.

We have here a 1998 Camaro Z28 that has somehow misplaced its drivetrain. Odd, that. The engine, transmission, driveshaft and differential are all missing, as is much of the wiring. The radiator fan is also gone but the radiator isn't. I was driving the car before disassembly, so I know it's all working otherwise. The car had a manual transmission so there's a clutch.

The body isn't perfect - it's been hit a couple of times in the past. It's a good 10-footer, but there's some bondo flaking on one rear fender. Some of the clearcoat is coming off. The interior has been partially disassembled but is complete.

The good stuff? It has a roll bar welded in. There's a high-rise cowl hood and an SS rear spoiler. There's a Borla exhaust system on it. I don't know of any other modifications, but it wouldn't shock me to hear there were others. I do have a good S10 diff I'll throw in with the deal if you want it. It's a mean looking beastie.

Clean title in hand, not salvage. The car's in Grand Junction, Colorado. The pictures are a coupe of years old, I'll post some fresh ones this weekend. Other than sitting tall in the front, that's pretty much what it looks like now.

Throw in a carbureted big block, a 12-bolt rear and go make yourself silly at the strip. I'd hate to have to drag this to the crusher.

Last edited by Keith Tanner; 11-09-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

More pictures.

From before disassembly, approximately two years ago. I did drive the car on the street for a while to make sure everything worked before taking it apart, so I know the remaining mechanicals are good. Note that there is no rear seat.

The current state. I disassembled the car more than I really had to when pulling the engine, partly because I thought I'd want the instruments. I didn't, so they're in a box and the dash is removed. Both airbags are included.

The worst part of the paint and some flaking Bondo on the right rear.

Current engine bay. The master cylinder was removed, but I still have it and it comes with the car. The full exhaust system including cats is still present, and it's a pretty nice sounding Borla.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

I've been digging parts for this thing out of the garage all day. I just found the complete A/C system. Of course, both airbags are included if you're an airbag kind of person.

I want it to get out of my driveway. If you're looking for particular parts, I'd be tempted to sell them if there's nobody who wants the whole car.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Sold locally. Thanks for the interest!

Quick Reply: 1998 Camaro Z28 shell - SOLD