Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Fs: 2006 gto

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fs: 2006 gto

Year: 2006
Make: Pontiac
Model: GTO
Price: $20000
Mileage: 20100
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Color: Silver
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I am downsizing the fleet since I have my Imp SS and my Z28 is back to street duty, so I am going to sell my 06 GTO and 00 Silverado and pick up a 2011 Silverado with the 6.2L. So, I figured I would post up the GTO here. Price listed below includes everything listed. I am going to check on trading it in as well and may just put back to stock when I do that..... Tax credit is well over a grand if trading....

2006 GTO Quick Silver Metalic 20k miles
-A4 with Stock Stall
-TR 224 Cam Patriot gold springs, chrom molly push rods. Professionally installed by Franco at Lattof.
-Pacesetter Long Tubes, no cats
-Custom Exhaust (flowmaster super 40's, H pipe, 2 12" bullets in intermediate pipe to reduce droan and quiet it down a little)
-Pedders Springs Front and Rear
-Hotchkis sway bars
-Volant Cold Air
-Dyno Tuned on dynojet 390rwhp/389 rwtq
-c5 chrome replica wheels 8.5 f/ 9.5 R 245/275 17 tires (No rubbing, wheels tuck nicely in the rear qtrs-56mm offset, fronts have 12 mm spacer and longer ARP studs, custom Pontiac emblem on center caps)
Stock wheels with original good tires~60-75% tred left?- wheels are mint.

Ran about 6 or 8 passes at byron. 12.5 @ 112.5 with 1.98 60' on street tires. Would definitly be faster with stall and drag radials. This was my NON-Snow driven daily driver so I didn't do much to it. Averaging 73 mph, I get 20-21 mpg on the highway. I have gotten 22 keeping it around 60.

Sway bars and springs made this thing feel 500 lbs lighter when cornering and really made it handle nice.

All original parts will be included as well.

Looking for $20k OrBestOffer as it is or less if I demod back to stock. Its got about $4500 in mods WITH OUT the cost of labor.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Fs: 2006 gto-gto-wheel.jpg   Fs: 2006 gto-gto-compressed4.jpg  
Old 12-10-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

hummmm, no one interested? No offers? Going up to the dealer this weekend to get some numbers if its not snowing....
Old 12-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MBC Racing
hummmm, no one interested? No offers? Going up to the dealer this weekend to get some numbers if its not snowing....
people are being stingy...
Old 12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DNTMPME
people are being stingy...
Well, the dealer wasn't so stingy. Getting my new truck for GM Perferred price plus all avaiable rebates and 18k for the gto. thats 19500 with tax credit on the trade.... and I get to remove the gofast parts and sell them. Couldn't pass up the deal. Now I can mod my new truck with the parts money from the gto!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MBC Racing
Well, the dealer wasn't so stingy. Getting my new truck for GM Perferred price plus all avaiable rebates and 18k for the gto. thats 19500 with tax credit on the trade.... and I get to remove the gofast parts and sell them. Couldn't pass up the deal. Now I can mod my new truck with the parts money from the gto!
Just think of how much you could have saved on the truck if you would have went in and bought it out right. Stealerships always sohw you more for your trade. All they are doing is reducing your negotiating room on the car you're purchasing. Very common trick.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Still imo a good deal. Either way by giving you more for your trade is a tax credit for the price of the vehicle. Its pretty much a win, win here for a guy with a tiny *****.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DNTMPME
Just think of how much you could have saved on the truck if you would have went in and bought it out right. Stealerships always sohw you more for your trade. All they are doing is reducing your negotiating room on the car you're purchasing. Very common trick.
I have bought lots of cars over the years, so I am familiar with how the negotiating works. I would be really curious as to how much better I could have done on the truck than what I did....Basically how much off of sticker people are getting them for NOT INCLUDING REBATES and then put the rebates into the mix. $41,610 sticker truck for $39,051 (gm preferred price). THEN REBATES....
2500 rebate, 3000 GM Card points, 1000 GM loyality rebate= $6500 in rebates
39051-6500=$32551 for the truck. Then 7500 my truck+18000 my gto=25500*.08tax=$27540 Trade in value..... So 32551-27540= $5,011 for a new truck. Even if you pushed the numbers a little here or there, There is no way that I could get that much for my trades selling outright. Plus I only paid 26500 for my GTO when I bought it back in 1/07 since the dealer was dumping all that they had left in inventory. I also have a bunch of aftermarket parts that I can now sell as well. Basically I rented them for the last few years to make my car more enjoyable. Now I can dump them.
I may even be able to get the $2000 Allie financing rebate, but I hear you have to have crappy credit to qualify....figures..... I will see.