Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 Trans am Firehawk Special edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2000
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $9900
Mileage: 89000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TN
Color: Silver
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Originally Posted by vetteboy99
Sorry for not replying, I never checked this thread after I posted it. Here is the link to it on ebay (VIN Pic is on there so it autocheck), autocheck says clean title, but accident report. It is also a real firehawk, real slp car, and comes with 3.42 gears from factory:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182
You do know that ALL 6 Speed F-Body's have 3.42's from Factory Right? Unless it was an NHRA car then I think you could get 3.73's, Dont quote me though.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ not all m6's came with 3.42.

GU2- 2.73
GU5- 3.23
GU6(like Mine)- 3.42
Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Junkie

GU2 and GU5 were A4 options, GU6 was for M6s
Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

^^^ not all m6's came with 3.42.

GU2- 2.73
GU5- 3.23
GU6(like Mine)- 3.42
Okay your right Only 1993 Z28's and T/A's came with 3.23's in an M6, 1994-2002 Were all 3.42's.Remember those RPO codes apply to Auto cars as well
Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

O i see now.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So who did the work to the front end?
You?
Your assigned body shop?
Before you owned it?
The color match on the front bumper is a little off.
But then, a lot of cars arre like that fomr the factory too tho, ...

I don't there's any argument that it's a real SLP/Firehawk.
Just the way that you've presented it to any potential buyers.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, a body shop did it of course. The color on the front bumper is off because the bumpers on these are fiberglass. So it takes more time to get old and look like the rest of the body.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

How can you make a mistake and say your car did have a salvage title then turn around and say you made a mistake....then try to sell it! I see you were banned on another site...its time to kick rocks...Vote for Ban!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It was just a really big screw up. I wanna sell it just to get a 70-74 cuda to restore. Or just a new toy I can actually do a H/C setup and not have a huge drop in value. And yes, I was banned from another website. I wasn't looking forward to ripping anybody of at all and I never did and never will. I don't blame anybody for thinking I'm like that because of what I did, I am just trying to straighten things out.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

No, a body shop did it of course. The color on the front bumper is off because the bumpers on these are fiberglass. So it takes more time to get old and look like the rest of the body.
They are indeed some color mismatch on even the new cars. I seen it on my pearl white Bonneville when it was new.

So they fix it before you got it?
Did they, or did they not, ..., tell you that they changed the front bumper also?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It was fixed back in 03 but when i bought it in 2010 the bumper had spider webs ( Little cracks in paint) so i repainted it. I don't wanna lie to you about if bumper was replaced, so Idk. After 03, there wasn't any other accident reports.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Guys be careful of washed titles. For those who do not know....A washed title is when a salvage or rebuilt title is taken to another state and applied for a new title in that state. Some states do not recognize or will not see the insurance claim and print a "clean title" for that same vehicle. The person is then able to sell the car as a clean title car although it may or may not have accident history. I have seen plenty of vehicles that have had significant damage, have a clean carfax. Autocheck is usually the best vehicle history service, it is what the major used car auctions use. Just to be clear, I'm not accusing this guy of washing the title, it just may be the case if he bought the car out of state. A good rule of thumb....if an insurance company has wrote the car off as a total loss, it will almost definitely have a branded title at some point.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

I wish you luck vetteboy.

The comfort level on this one is not good though.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Teching In

if you get offered $6000 for this car you should take it and run
Old 01-24-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by picturethis
if you get offered $6000 for this car you should take it and run
Ebay ad is up to $7900 with 5 hours to go.
So he'll do okay.
Might not come out even in the end, but at least he's not too far under it, ...
Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't wash the title, It was brought to MS back in 03, I bought this car in 2010. Maybe the guy that brought it to ms did, but this car went through 5 owners. The guy that is winning so far on ebay contacted me and so far knows everything about the vehicles history.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i inderstand it was in a front end wreck,and all bt if its a real firehawk,why wasn it repaired with oem parts?the hood is just a RAPTOR hood guys not a firehawk hood,and the front bumpers have a special little bird decal on the front bumper where it meets the hood,and these can only be obtained if u steal one which i dont recommend ,or you actually have to give the vin to the dealer of you firehawk and you can get one that way too,there is also a plate on the inside console by the shifter that would say the car # and how many made so check out all this stuff nest time u look at a firewawk,and firehawks did not have the raised lower airboxes like the ws6 cars had!just a thought
Old 01-24-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I completely understand what you said, but I bought this car, not knowing what the hell a firehawk is. I did some research and I found out they were rare. But what I didn't find out is they had to have all those parts to be a real firehawk. I knew the codes for a real firehawk were all there in the door jam, so I said hell with it, it's worth that kind of money. But nevertheless, the car drives great with no technical or mechanical issues. I understand that the title was bad, and that it's gona lower the value. Idk why the guy that fixed the car replace the bad parts with the OEM firehawk parts.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by standup95
i inderstand it was in a front end wreck,and all bt if its a real firehawk,why wasn it repaired with oem parts?the hood is just a RAPTOR hood guys not a firehawk hood,and the front bumpers have a special little bird decal on the front bumper where it meets the hood,and these can only be obtained if u steal one which i dont recommend ,or you actually have to give the vin to the dealer of you firehawk and you can get one that way too,there is also a plate on the inside console by the shifter that would say the car # and how many made so check out all this stuff nest time u look at a firewawk,and firehawks did not have the raised lower airboxes like the ws6 cars had!just a thought

A) Some of this WAS true, years ago.
These days, you don't have to have the VIN to purchase GM Restoration or SLP/Firehawk parts.

2nd) The little bird on the bumper is available to anyone who wants one, on the SLPonline.com webstore. Again, you no longer need the VIN to buy Firehawk parts.

Third) The front bumper on the original cars was simply an OE GM bumper with a couple cuts in the nostril area.

D) The hoods have been hard to find for years, & very costly from GM/SLP even when they were available years ago. Which is probably why the prson who had it repaired elected the Raptor hood & an OE style bumper instead.
You might be able to still order a hood, I dunno for sure. But I doubt you'd ever find one in stock anywhere.

Last) And the later 4th-gen cars do NOT have numbered plates.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks^^. Sale pending!