Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2004 Pontiac GTO

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Pontiac GTO

Year: 2004
Make: Pontiac
Model: GTO
Price: $11500
Mileage: 133500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AL
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Price update: $11,500

Up for sale is my Torrid Red 2004 GTO, Stickers. Yea, like the movie car. I named him that for my daughter who at the time loved the movie Cars. I figured Stickers would be a good name for a fast, hot red muscle car. He even has a custom front plate with the tongue sticking out.

My GTO has had some work done to it over the past few years I have owned it (car was bought in April 2007 when it was traded in to the dealer. I am the second owner.) The car was stock when I bought it and remained stock for about a year. Then the mods started. First was a new exhaust, followed by Pacesetter ceramic-coated long tube headers and catless mids. This was followed by an LS-7 clutch kit, a set of poly radius rod bushings, drag bags, and a Predator tune. This lasted for a few months, then I went bigger. A set of LS-6 243 heads were bolted on, a Thunder Racing TR 224 cam (and Comp Cams hardened pushrods) was put in to provide some extra thump , a GMM Ripshift Street shifter took residence on top of the Tremec T56 6-speed manual transmission, and a NOS brand wet nitrous system provided some extra juice. The nitrous is now uninstalled, but the switches all remain, ready for a new NOS kit. With a tune, Stickers laid down 353HP/344TQ at the wheels (all motor, no spray) while breathing through a stock airbox and a very restrictive exhaust. A New Era Performance cold air intake and a better exhaust came next, as well as a Speed Density (SD) tune by me. No more restrictive MAF. The next round of mods included a Jantzer Performance powder coated/ported/polished throttle body, Yella Terra roller rocker arms and Taylor Pro-Race 10.4 mm plug wires firing a set of NGK TR6 plugs. Another exhaust system found a home under the car, this time a shop-made 2.5" steup with an H pipe and Magnaflow mufflers coming out both sides of the bumper via PFYC inserts. Very mellow in normal driving, but VERY MEAN sounding when you get on it. The last change was to install a set of Ford green top 42lb injectors, and another round of tuning. I haven't been to the dyno since that first trip, but the car is very fast and should be in the neighborhood of 400hp at the wheels, maybe a bit more. It'll go sideways with ease. Just ask my local police!

Appearance mods are tinted windows (at the Alabama legal limit), a SAP wing from a 2005 GTO, 2005 GTO hood, black painted hood scoop inserts, and a custom stripe down each side like no other I have seen. I also added a little black vinyl to the lower front bumper to give the front end a different look. If you don't like it after taking it home, you can simply peel off the vinyl. Tires are 235/45-17 Nitto NT555's and the rear are Riken Raptor 275/40-17's on stock wheels. The back tires are about a year old and have a lot of tread left, but the front will need replaced within 6 months or so. The tires were balanced and an alignment done in July 2010.

The oil has been changed every 5,000 miles with Mobil-1 or Royal Purple since I have owned the car. The transmission fluid was changed in March 2010 to Royal Purple Synchromax, the rear diff at the same time with Redline gear oil, the clutch fluid was changed, and the coolant was changed when I went back to a stock thermostat.

A complete listing of mods will follow at the end.

One thing to note is the Ebay carfax-like report that mentions one issue. The story behind that is we were at TJMaxx, pulling out, when a BMW bumped us from behind. No real damage to either car, just a minor chip in Stickers bumper. We called our insurance company, as the other driver said she was going to call hers and report a claim. They sent out an adjuster who said we'd get like $19 after the deductible. No claim was filed, but I guess the insurance company listed it as a claim.

Stickers is our daily driver, as we have a 100 mile daily commute, and he gets better MPG than the Hemi Magnum. On winter gas we get 25 mpg highway and about 17 mpg city. In summer it goes up to about 28 mpg / 19 city, with a light foot and crusing at 65 mph.

Mods list:

Mods are:
* LS6 heads (243 casting) with sodium-filled valves and yellow LS6 springs
* Thunder Racing 224 cam, 224/224 deg .563"/.563", 114 LSA
* Comp Cams hardened pushrods
* Yella Terra lite 1.7 roller tip rockers
* Jantzer Performance ported/polished/powder coated throttle body
* Ford 42 lb green top fuel injectors
* Pacesetter Ceramic Long Tube headers
* Pacesetter catless midpipes, 3"
* Custom 2.5" exhaust with H-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, and custom dual exit quad tip exhaust (March 2010)
* GMM Ripshift Street short throw shifter
* GM LS7 clutch/pressure plate/flywheel
* Airlift air bags in the rear springs (drag bags)
* New Era Performance air intake with 4" Specter filter
* 2005 GTO hood with black painted scoop inserts
* 2005 GTO SAP wing
* 235/45-17 Nitto NT555 front/275/40-17 Riken Raptor ZR rear
* SD (Speed Density) tuned by Stickers Performance
* Taylor Pro Race 409 10.4 mm plug wires, NGK TR6 plugs
* New replacement parts: Waterpump, A/C and tensioner pulleys, C5 Corvette brake pads (front) and GTO pads (rear)in June 2010
* Superpro poly radius rod bushings
* Transmission fluid changed in March 2010 with Royal Purple SynchroMax
* Rear end fluid changed with Redline 75W90 gear oil
* Alignment/tires balanced July 2010
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Pontiac GTO-car-1.jpg   2004 Pontiac GTO-car-2.jpg   2004 Pontiac GTO-car-6.jpg   2004 Pontiac GTO-car-5.jpg   2004 Pontiac GTO-car-8.jpg  

Last edited by stickers; 02-21-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Price change
Old 02-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Bump for the night
Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Monday bump.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any videos of the car running?
Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Here is a YouTube vid from when I had a Bassani exhaust on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re14CYkObyM

Another YT vid, same Bassani exhaust, at idle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfRTj...d_bnv4&index=3
Old 02-23-2011, 05:57 AM

give me a email at ramseyronnie64@yahoo.com like to see in person.

Quick Reply: 2004 Pontiac GTO