Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 S10 Xtreme 5.3 V8 swap TRADE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 S10 Xtreme 5.3 V8 swap TRADE?

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: S-10
Price: $7900
Mileage: 72000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Started as a 2000 S10 Extreme ext. cab with a 4.3 V6 the body has 70K miles NO RUST, always garage stored in winter, I swapped in a 5.3 V8 from a 2003 silverado with 44K miles with the attached 4L60E 4 speed automatic transmission. The transmission was upgraded with corvette servos for crisp shifts.

The motor is basically stock other than the LS6 intake, MSD wires, and Sanderson Headers. Brand new 2.5" into 3" exhaust with Flowtech Warlock Muffler (includes cutout) dumps before roll pan. Sounds great, has a deep growl. It has a conservative custom tune, It could benefit from a good dyno tune. I will do that after I install the Comp cam, LS6 Springs, and hardened pushrods (these are all included with the sale).

It ran a 14.2 @ 96 mph in 86 degree humid weather this summer, that was before the detroit truetrac was installed, so it was very traction limited. The 10 bolt rear has 3:73 gears, POSI, Solid pinion spacer, and T/A performance girdle. F-bodies with this rear have been into the 9's. The MPH indicates it has a quicker ET with traction.

Metallic blue paint is in pretty good shape, few scratches (normal for a 11 yr old truck), hard tonneau cover, black euro taillights, Swapped original S10 grille & headlights for Sonoma style. Bumper was custom molded to match the grill, I have only seen this done on 1 other truck in the world. THEY DIDN'T MAKE SONOMA EXTREMES!

The interior is very clean. All gauges work. Grey bucket seats up front, center counsel out of a blazer painted to match exterior with floor shifter, custom "LSXtreme" decal overlay on gauges & windshield, Top of the Line Pioneer head unit, Kenwood 600 watt amp powering a 12" Sony sub, Infinity competition speakers in doors & dash, Sounds amazing!

Extra parts included: new tailgate in primer smoothed with handle, roll pan, street scene mirrors, Comp cam, hardened pushrods, LS6 springs. It will be getting some FAT rear tires this spring if I still have it. These all go with the truck.

I don't want to sell, but we are buying a new house and I need the cash. I have over 15K into this truck with the spreadsheet to prove it! This was done right, everything works, drives nice, and looks killer. Message me for more details, I have lots more pictures too.

I will look at all trade offers.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 S10 Xtreme 5.3 V8 swap TRADE?-lsxtreme3.jpg   2000 S10 Xtreme 5.3 V8 swap TRADE?-vette.jpg  
Old 06-08-2011, 01:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it have a/c?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally had AC but I removed it because I would have had to notch the frame. It has a brand new C5 accessory drive.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ah, well is all the a/c stuff still there like heater core/blower/refrigerant lines stubbed out the firewall to hook to?

Quick Reply: 2000 S10 Xtreme 5.3 V8 swap TRADE?