Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Porsche 968 m6 cabriolet Feeler...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 968 m6 cabriolet Feeler...

Year: 1994
Make: Porsche
Model: 968
Price: $13500
Mileage: 39700
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NJ
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Feeler ad...
For sale here is my 1994 Porsche 968. It has been family owned for over 10 years. My uncle purchased it in 2001, and drove it until it went into storage in 2007. We took it out of storage after the summer last year and i brought it out to NJ to start working on it. Love to keep it but priorities change and it's time for a house.
All the recent work is listed below. My uncle had all the service performed at the Porsche dealership in Chicago. The previous owner had it serviced at Porsche in Indiana religiously. I have receipts for everything listed above, and then some.

The GOOD. The car is not in Concourse condition, but is still a great summer driver. The Car has been garage kept the last 10 years (maybe more but i don't know about the last owners), so looks far better and cleaner than one would expect. The rubber seals are all still soft, the Roof is in pristine condition. The Torneau /convertible cover is perfect. The motor runs flawlessly, with a great powerful feel to it. No noises or check engine lights here. The transmission shifts flawlessly, no grinding or strange noises. No check engine light on this. Completely unmodified, all original drivetrain.
I have the carfax in hand for the car, no accidents on record. My uncle purchased it from the second owner in 2001 with XXXXX miles on it. The radio in the car when i purchased it was not original, so i replaced it and rewired the car properly with new Alpine CD /MP3 player and New Infinity Kappa speakers all around. I am including all the original speakers and crossovers with the car. Just so there are no surprises, the antenna wire end was missing when i got the car, and i never bothered replacing it. The Radio has a USB hook up for Music on a memory stick. Really no need for a radio when you have a couple thousand songs at your fingertips.

Car passed NYS inspection without a problem. I was actually quite surprised at the emissions (or lack thereof) coming out of the tail pipe of this car. The tech actually checked the machine afterwards with another car because the results seemed so low. Ill post up the actual emissions results later along with pictures.

The Bad. Im very picky when it comes to my car and just trying to be thorough and honest, if anything you see here scares you ask for pictures or come take a peek. There was a salvage title issued on the car in 1994. From what i can tell there is no accident damage or flood damage to the car. I have a CLEAR NYS title in hand. The branding never carried over when the car was titled in Indiana. There is a problem with the original radio wiring . From what i could tell, someone ripped the original radio out of the car forcefully and damaged the factory amp harness. The wheels are not original to the car. They have been on the car since its been in the family, so they are at least 10 years old. . The wheels have curb rash, the paint on the car has scratches and nicks here and there from 16 years of usage. PS fender has minor dent over light. Friggin 2x4 didn't like the way it was propped up in corner of the garage, and took it out its aggression on the car. The hood has been repainted, but not repaired anywhere that i could see; it is however an original porsche hood with all decals present. My guess is it's not the original on the car. The fenders however have not been painted from what i can tell. The trunk lid is scratched. Door paint is original as well. I couldn't find any structural damage to the car anywhere underneath, or telltale signs of a collision in the engine bay or the trunk. . I'm assuming the title Flag was from a theft recovery. Considering the book value of the car in 1994 was close to 50K, one would have had to do a ton of damage to the car to total it out. Plus there would be an accident on the carfax. Both the bumpers have nicks and dings from inconsiderate ****** in parking lots/streets. Such is life in a suburban /city area. The original mats are there, but are dry beyond belief on the backsides and cracking. The carpet has a few stains by the center console. Small surface rust spot above DS 1/4 above sideskirt in front of wheel, and another one over ds rear wheel well. Nothing that cant be sanded down and painted. Not all the way through.

The car could use a few odds and ends here and there. Some of the little plastic screw caps on the trim have disappeared over the years. The rear interior 1/4 panel covers (over rear speakers) have turned yellow from UV exposure. I'm sure a cleaning and a quick spray with vinyl paint would make them look great. The door handle seals need to be replaced, and are very brittle, but mostly there. One of the pins that holds the intake box plastic cover on is missing. The paint could use a good buffing and a little touch up pen here and there, it never bothered me enough to get it done. ( I managed to have my last TA bumper hit and painted 3 times in 6 months and finally gave up )The driver side seat bolster (door side) shows a little wear from entry/exit.

I have no problem with anyone getting the car inspected locally (08816) at their expense. If you are looking at the car long distance, just pick a garage and work out an inspection date with them. I have no problem taking someone out for a test drive, no joyriders. Anyone under 25 must have payment in hand to even be considered for a test drive. You are more than welcome to come inspect the car yourself. Pick a clear day, im not taking it out in the rain people! Not in rush to sell, just trying to save up for a house and this thing isnt helping! Please no $5000 lowball offers, i can get double that on ebay with a one day auction. Theres one of these with 100k+ miles for sale on ebay for 14k. Nice weekend project car, and the parts arent really that expensive (autoatlanta) . Oberth1@comcast.net

6/7/2001 @ 18445 miles
Air Filter replaced
Gear shift Boot replaced
Cassette /armrest replaced
15k mile service performed

4/8/03 @ 24199 miles
Brake Fluid Flushed
Headlight door replaced
fog light bulb replaced

9/5/03 @ 26731 MIles
Timing belt replaced
All tensioner rollers replaced
balance shaft replaced
Thermostat replaced
Thermostat switch replaced
Waterpump replaced
Antifreeze flushed
Accessory drive belt replaced

11/17/2004 @ 35383 Miles
Clutch pressure hose replaced
Power steering flushed
Brake Fluid flushed

Fall 2007-Summer 2010 car in Heated Storage
Battery Replaced after removed from storage

7/10-9/20/10 @ 38,200 miles
Oil Changed + filter replaced
Wipers Changed
Brake Rotors Front Replaced
Front Pads replaced
Front Pad sensors replaced
Front hood shocks replaced
Valve cover gasket installed
Air Filter replaced (K&N)
Power Steering pump replaced
Brake Calipers replaced
Brake lines replaced
Brake Fluid Flushed

9/25/10 @38614 miles
Front and Rear Tires replaced w/ Continental DWS

12/22/2010 @ 38819 Miles
Car inspected - Passed with Flying Colors.
Details:

3/5/11 @ 39400 miles
Cd player replaced (alpine 102)
Speakers replaced (Infinity Kappa)
Alpine in line amp installed

3/10/11
interior Detailed
Leather Treated
Engine bay detailed

4/10
I have front swaybar bushings are all being replaced, the plastic pin for the intake cover is being installed, door latch seals being replaced, fuel filter being replaced. (awaiting delivery of all the above parts)

Last edited by oberth1; 04-10-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Porsche 968 m6 cabriolet Feeler...