Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1988 RX7 10th anniversary turbo ULTRA LIGHT lsx drag race chassis

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 1988
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $3500
Mileage: 75000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Color: Black
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

This vs a convertable f body is absurd light dude.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

I seriously am surprised no ones swooped this car up.

It has a ls swap mount kit in the car. has the full harness for a t56 in it. Has a driveshaft for a powerglide.

Literally you could put an lsx with a powerglide in it in an afternoon, have a windshield put in it, redo the hardlines for the brkes and some random odds and ends here and there and you are on the way to a SERIOUSLY FAST car

Im looking to trade this for a truck, suv...... or something that takes up less room.. need a forged bottom end for another project, NICE turbo (pt88 billet), TFS or AFR thick deck heads./ spread the word and thanks for looking!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

damn, i need to put this in the back yard so the dogs have a place to hide when its raining i guess.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

bump!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Up for trades.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

ALRIGHT GUYS, TIME TO PICK UP THE PACE HERE. HERES SOME NEW STUFF TO TAKE A GANDER AT!!!

quite a few requests of more photos, so i took some time today to shoot some better pictures of what all is included.

(these switches are for turning the brake lights off and the running lights, and the license plate box lights off(just labeled so cops couldnt figure it out if they looked at it, lol) in case.....)

(this will attach to a roll bar welded from tower to tower in the rear, through the floor and then to the tabs on the rear axle tubes)

What you see is what you get. No surprises. I managed to find more around than i expected. ANYTHING i have for this car, the buyer can have. Anything in the background is for my c20 swap and will already be used by the time for the rx7 to go, so my 5.3 and 4l80 is NOT for this car regardless of it being in the background of some of the pictured angles..

3500 takes the entire car with everything

3000 takes the rear end/suspension/rear brake package. if possible a core will be needed for this as well so its not immobilized.

IMO this is a deal i would have JUMPED all over when i was first building this car. There are a lot of aspects of the rear end that are not fully installed. I basically took the irs out, sold it to someone, and just bolted the essentials on so the car would roll. Initially i planned on taking the rear end apart and having it powdercoated black wrinkle but i got all addicted to modding my gto as soon as i got it.

WITH AN ALUMINUM BLOCK LS SERIES MOTOR, THIS CAR WEIGHS UNDER 1 TON, IS SOLID AXLE, AND WILL FIT AROUND A 335 REAR TIRE ON IT. IT IS ALREADY FULLY WIRED FOR LS SERIES AND HAS MOUNTS AND EVERYTHING EVEN DRIVESHAFT FOR A POWERGLIDE! THE REAR END SHOULD BE STOUT ENOUGH FOR THE WEIGHT TO HANDLE QUITE A BIT OF ABUSE! Sorry for yelling, im just talking a lot here and wanted to emphasize on this since most of this add has been cut and pasted from a v8 rx7 forum where this is the focus as opposed to bowtie cars.

Last edited by RX666; 09-14-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Since the initial add here, i have had the windshield removed, gathered more parts to include, got two used tires mounted so they wont lose air, pulled the ls1/t56 engine harness through into the cabin and re-wrapped it in electric tape (so it wont drag on the ground when/if it goes onto a trailer), included a 24x12x3 dual 3 inch outlet godspeed intercooler, installed the factory steering wheel (am still including the nrg hub) found the senders for the fuel pressure, oil pressure, and water temp gauge (leaving a missing egt probe, and the rest just tap into stock/existing stuff like speedo/tach/volt/fuel level/nitrous feed line). The wiring is complete, you just need to re-route it through the firewall and paste it onto your longblock. You need to bolt the fusebox back under the hood and run the correct power and so forth to it from existing plugs. The fuel pump relay is ran and you just need to connect the 8 gauge rockford fosgate power and ground wire with gold terminals to your fuel pump. The exhaust may not work since it was designed for a irs setup, however it will work on any irs fc with sanderson ls swap headers with two v bands. Its an apex gt spec and isnt the best looking, but it worked perfectly. The turn signals and headlights i just reached down to my side and actuated from the map pocket in the door panel, lol. A bit makeshift, but it was as "street" as i could legally make it and have it stripped out as light as possible. If someone were to get a new dash, it bolts right back in, nothing was destroyed to make it that way structurally. Same with the sunroof. You would have to patch the holes from the rivets and bolt a sunroof in (why the hell you would want to do that, i have no idea).

The car is not the prettiest thing, i basically am trying to move it to a new owner who can take the entire car. I am asking for the car, what i would ask for the parts, and actually cheaper that i would part it out for. Just trying to avoid a huge clusterfock of **** going on since i am currently putting a blower/402/9" IRS, and more or less stripping the hell out of my 06 gto the same way this car was stripped out. I dont have the garage space to take apart two cars, not to mention swap my 84 scottsdale c20 truck at the same time. I need to get this going to a new owner.

I am pretty firm on the price, as its considerably cheaper than the parts ive got here.

The rear end was over 4000 to have built by the previous owner at a chassis shop. I am well aware you can go to grannys and see there is a 2700 dollar rear end, which ive had like 12312341234 people try to tell me and assume i am asking too much, however you add all the extra HD options this one has, and its going to be far more than 2700.

The aerospace rear brake discs are on the car along with some wheel spacers and 1/2 inch lug studs(so dont assume they are missing, the kit is complete and has the hardware organized in a bag). There is a box with brand new moser 5/8 studs thats included with the car and the rotor hats are drilled for 5/8 studs. You will just need to have the axles drilled and tapped for the 10 new studs which moser or strange will do for 75.00. I would not suggest doing this because they are hardened 300m and you will terminate your tools trying to do so, and for 75.00 its a no brainer as far as im concerned. The rear end has 3.55's, a strange spool, add on HD anti roll bar, super reinforced 4130 rear control arms with HD heim ends. If you look inside the car you will see a clutch pedal, the rest of the clutch system was removed because i was going to put a powerglide or a rossler th210 in it at one point when i planned on putting a pt106/erl deckplate 427 in the car, but as mentioned before i got into my gto and jumped ship on the project.

As i mentioned i will include any part i can find for this, however it is a project. The brake hardlines throughout the car were in need of replacement so the master cylinder is capped off (and in perfect shape as it was a remanufactured unit added to the car just weeks before i stopped driving it) and most of the hard lines have been removed. The fuel lines were not sanctioned body legal (they were running inside the car so if i had to mad max away from someone through a field, i wouldnt catch them up on **** under the car and tear them off, lol), so they were removed for use of the fittings in the gto. The fuel cell has been drained and is capped off so its not like filled with rat **** and bat turds or anything to surprise you.

The car has been sitting in my climate controlled garage for the last 3 years and the title of the car has 65-75k miles on it if i remember correctly and is for this very car, a 10th anniversary turbo 2 (non salvage, non rebuilt, no surprises). Basically this car would be ideal for a few candidates...

1. someone who wants the parts, and wants to scrap the car, and make honestly a little return on investment with it.
2. someone who wants to just throw a cheap powerglide, 300 dollar 5.3, a lexan front windshield, some fuel lines and a pump/filters, brake hard lines, and a junk yard turbo kit on it and have a 9 second car since its lighter than hell.
3. someone with a built fbody/gto/whatever... who wants to just jerk their pile of parts out, dump it all in this and shed over 1000 lbs off their weight, resulting in an absurd fast car.

The brake kit was 500, the gauges were over 900 all together(totally disregarding the egt gauge all together), the steering wheel hub was 100, the exhaust is worth at least 100 to someone (its real apex muffler at least, i never was into it but whatever, lol), the mount kit is complete with trans brace mount and front mounts (not sure what these cost now), the rebuilt front turbo brakes and hawk pads were over 250.00 all together(have like 5000 miles on them), the intercooler was 200 (yes its painted black with radiator paint, but im not a flashy ricer it still serves its purpose IMO for a cherry on top im just throwing in to sweeten the deal), the sunroof plug was a one off trick item i could have sold to someone since its professionally laid out and fabricated so id say it worth at least 100, the fuel cell was 200 dollars and i had a chassis fabricator weld new #12 fittings on it so you can put a HUGE fuel system on it if you wanted to, the harness was 400 bucks and may need to be unwrapped and re-ran with some new loom but the car ran perfect and had zero issues before disassembling it so thats all there for a manual swap or a non electronic trans (th400/300/210/powerglide/700r4 you just would need to fab a new trans mount for a few of those options). ive got around 500 in the lakewood 90-10s/170lb qa1 coilovers for the front not even factoring in the time and fab work to carefully weld extensions onto the shocks without getting them too hot and cooking the valving for good(you will need to build some top hats to mount them, and drill holes in the shocks to mount to the knuckles with the shims ill include, but the hardest part is done for you already)

Sorry for the winded message, i just wanted to cover everything i could and explain the whole thing out. Ive had this for sale for a grip, and ive got a few serious ******* pm's about it(offering me like 800 dollars or telling me its a pile of ****, or just rude all together), and i know i am not in left field on my price. Ive also had like at least 4 people who "are coming this weekend to get it" "im on the way right now, im on your street, ohhh man oops wrong state, sorry i dont want it anymore", "ill take it for sure this weekend take the windshield out for me and get it ready im for sure serious" , or whatever else other excuse could be devised. Its honestly to the point where i almost want to use my friends bulldozer and run it over 47 times, but my better judgement is telling me to "settle down beavis"

Yes i built it originally to be a death trap with no cage and over 1000 ft lbs, hence the hearse scrolls on the side, satin black non fancy paint, and the entire damn thing stripped out as far as possible, but there is a nice batch of parts here for someone to use regardless of its appearance and clear assembly by someone with issues, lofl... I figure for only 500 more bucks than i am asking for the rear end alone, someone with a trailer could haul it away and take what they wanted and throw the rest away like a dirty tampon or a prom night dumpster baby, if thats what you decide to do. I seriously feel as if the asking price has been perfectly fine and never could understand why this is still here, however i did have some pretty crappy pictures and half assed stuff like a broken windshield and so forth till right now.

Anyways, id really like to sell this car complete before i begin taking it all apart and selling parts off of it to part it out. I KNOW i would make more money that way, but i just plain and simple do not have the time to drive to fed ex every day and ship someone a fuel level gauge and a fuse box or some nonsense like that.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

THE ONLY TRADES i would even contemplate is an F1A (reverse rotation i believe is what i need for the gto) procharger head unit with 05-06 GTO procharger bracket. Thats literally all i am selling this contraption to purchase. There is literally nothing else i am interested in.

If you come and get this thing, i will have my wife cook you possibly the best chicken alfredo you have ever had in your life as a going away present for you/the car, get drunk with you via some beer of your choice, and even give you a Club magazine for your passenger to read on the way back with your new race car shell..

Hope i covered everything and once again sorry for the winded response here, i guess i have taken this time to drink a few Miller High Lifes while posting this and ive been a bit wordy.

Last edited by RX666; 09-14-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

ttt...
Old 09-18-2011, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

damn it, like selling an ice maker to an eskimo
Old 09-18-2011, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

for ***** and giggles, heres what it looked like when it was together if anyone is even interested.. guess to like help paint a picture in your mind what you could do ... haha

kept the muffler on it so people would think it was riceboy roturd (rotary)trash, haha..

Old 09-19-2011, 04:05 AM
Teching In

Good deal for someone. Really surprised it isn't sold yet.

Must be the economy/Obama.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

yea the economy bongs dongs right now dude.

Someone should just quit making your house payments and buy this car.

alright, ive done my 10 minutes setting at the computer with food poisoning. I am going to go barf now. Thanks for the bump jim.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

just trade me something worth 3500 at this point. ****** fancy watch, diamond ring, street bike, just something you dont need that i could sell to buy a d1 or f1 head unit and bracket.

christ...
Old 09-25-2011, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

price reduced to 2600 firm for entire package.

This is giving it away. Moving and need to clear out space.

Quick Reply: 1988 RX7 10th anniversary turbo ULTRA LIGHT lsx drag race chassis