Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

* Show Car * Trans Am For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default * Show Car * Trans Am For Sale

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $24500
Mileage: 20468
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I'm selling my show quality condition 1999, 6spd Trans Am.

History:
I purchased this car in 2005 from the Original adult owner who was a retired school teacher. He purchased it as a retirement gift to himself, but found himself never using it. When he owned it, it was stored in a heated garage, covered, with a battery tender on it. It was a car he took to shows only.

Since 2005 I have kept it in a climate controlled garage, covered, on top of a plastic tarp (to prevent moisture from the concrete from affecting metal components) on a battery tender. Since new, it has never seen a drop of rain, or any inclimate weather whatsoever.

It was purchased with 10,023 miles on it, it now has 20,468 miles.

About the car:
Unlike the overwhelming majority of Trans Ams, this one is purely a show car. It has never been raced, never been taken down the 1/4 mile and has been driven with care. Maintained properlly its whole life, nothing but the best has been put into it. Many who have seen this car in person can voice their opinion on the condition.

The color is a red exterior with a rare tan leather interior factory option.

As you can see from the pics I’ve put on aftermarket wheels/tires and changed the exhaust. Aside from that there are basic bolt on performance parts such as an air intake and an LS6 intake manifold. The car has been dyno tuned at Vette Dr’s in Amityville, and inspected annually at J&T.

I have all parts to turn the car back to stock, excluding the original exhaust.

Pricing:
Looking around at what is out there (cars.com, Newsday, other forums, car shows), the condition of other Trans Ams and their associated mileage, abuse and history, the price is $24,500. The kind of buyer who would be most interested in this car is most likely someone looking for a “turn-key” show car/cruiser. This is not going to be a cheaper roller or 1/4mi car beat into the ground available for market value, those are a dime a dozen, this is not.

Pics:

I have another 50 pics available, plus if you would like more in depth details about anything at all please PM me.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Teching In

24k huh? good luck with that
Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed
Old 06-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Yeah great looking car, but x2 on the 24k! You obviously love the car from your well written post and asking price, so just keep it.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

That's a damn clean car for sure! Props for having enough control not to enjoy it, but drop that price $10k and you're still high but for that low of miles you'll have a better chance then most...not trying to be an ***, just honest.