Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 WS6 M6: AFR heads, monster clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 WS6 M6: AFR heads, monster clutch

Year: 2001
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $10250
Mileage: 128350
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Hey guys, I just bought this car about 2 months ago replaced the clutch and have found a new project I want to start. So this one has got to go. Vehicle has 128,350. Only difference in the pics is that the cd player was returned to stock, and the exhaust tips are the stock TA oval tips.

Engine modifications: AFR 205 heads milled down to 62cc, Cometic .040” gaskets, chromemoly pushrods, lunatic (morel) lifters, FM13 cam on 112+4 LSA, LS2 timing chain, SLP oil pump, ASP underdrive pulley, Jethot longtube headers with catted y-pipe, AIR system delete, SLP DUAL DUAL muffler with stock oval tips, SLP air lid, Greddy catch can with updated PCV valve, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs.

Brakes/Suspension: Hawk HPS pads all the way around, red painted calipers with ‘Trans Am’ overlays on fronts, Earls stainless steel brake lines (not a single rubber brake line on this car), Spohn tubular adjustable rear lower control arms and relocation brackets, Spohn double adjustable panhard bar, Spohn tubular weld-in subframe connectors, UMI strut tower brace, new Nitto NT555 tires (this year) all the way around.

Driveline: Brand new Monster level 3 clutch, brand new Tick adjustable master cylinder. Clutch has right around 100 miles on it. Still chatters in first gear but has gotten better since the first drive. Strange 4.10 gears with TA rear cover (new bearings installed with gear set)

Interior: (This is a quote from the seller I bought it from. He had the vehicle since 04) No rips, no tears, and there isn’t even any wear anywhere except for the top part of the steering wheel. Carpet is always vacuumed and leather always treated with Lexol, one of the better leather cleaner/conditioner products. I have NEVER used armor all or other cheap inferior so-called conditioner that greases everything up and dries it out. I don’t put my weight on the side bolster of the seat when I get out so it stays in good shape. I have the original t-top sunshades. Macewen silver gauge overlays, console plaque with ASC build info, ws6store short stick shifter, stock Hurst shifter.. Still have original owners/warranty manuals. All switches and electronics function properly, including power antenna. Raptor shift light (bright red LED’s) is installed in center vent. Well hidden until it comes on. The drivers side door panel was replaced with a brand new GM panel several years ago as the old one had cracked at the top. The drivers’ side window motor/regulator was replaced 2 years ago with a new GM assembly. A/C blows cold. Headlight motors work great with no grinding. Have both sets of keys with both fobs.

Exterior: (This is a quote from the seller I bought it from. He had the vehicle since 04) It has been buffed to keep the paint like new. It’s waxed regularly with Adam’s car care products. The roof panel is bubbling (common problem on these cars). It’s not terrible (pix shown). I’m fairly meticulous when it comes to keeping this car clean and looking like new. Some a-hole dinged me on the driver’s side quarter right behind the door handle, you have to stand just right to see it. No paint was taken off and PDR can take care of this. DRL housings have been replaced as well as new DRL bulb sockets as moisture was getting into housings. All windows are tinted, I don’t know the percentages as it was like this when I bought it. It also has the rear “PONTIAC” polished stainless steel inserts. It has always been garage kept.

Known problems: The car needs to be tuned properly. Was tuned by the previous owner but needs to be done preffsionally. Runs and drives but has idle issues every now and again and has issues with the ac being on at a stop sometimes. It does have piston slap when cold but disappates after engine warms up. The passenger side window is getting slow. The autotrix kit may help it or may need new motor. The passenger side door panel is starting to crack at the top. Right now its approx half an inch long.

Extras
Carcraft custom fit car cover – Tan
Custom factory fit floor mats, front embroidered with new style “firebird” logo

Looking to get $10250 obo. No trades please, title is clean and is at my bank. Feel free to text or call 904-403-0287 or pm. Thanks for looking

Daniel

Last edited by 68birdls1; 06-19-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

All pm's replied to
Old 06-20-2011, 07:49 PM
11 Second Club

Deposit recieved