Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS: 2005 Honda S2000 - turbo with 422rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2005 Honda S2000 - turbo with 422rwhp

Year: 2005
Make: Honda
Model: S2000
Price: $25000
Mileage: 53000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Name: Jason
Car: 2005 NFR AP2
Asking Price: $25k
LS? Non-LS equipped

My car has the PTuning turbo kit. PTuning is a company local to me (Manassas,VA) that has built the most comprehensive turbo kit available for the s2000. This is the PTuning thread with full specs of their turbo system http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7885...-dyno-pricing/

Car Details:-2005, s2000 in new formula red, 52000 miles (~3000 miles boosted)
-Soft top in mint condition
-Car in mint condition 10/10
-Harddog rollbar with welded diagonal and harness bar - I spent an entire day trimming the interior pieces to fit around the rollbar to keep the OEM look and feel.
-KW v3 Coilovers, which actually are more comfortable than stock while handling worlds better
-Stoptech Stainless Brake Lines with ATE Superblue fluid (freshly changed)
-Authentic Mugen S1R bucket seats, capable of accepting 5/6 point harnesses. Red/black color that matches perfectly. Mounted on SOS taitec rails which are very adjustable.
-S2000 CR front lip - I also have the CR spoiler but that hasn't been installed yet
-PTuning Turbo Kit - Garrett GT3076R turbo, external oil pump to prevent back up, PTuning 3" dual exhaust, 422whp on a dyno dynamics heart breaker dyno
-ACT HDSS clutch - Extremely driveable. This is not an on/off style clutch.
-Oil/Coolant temp gauge by SPA and AFR gauge by AEM
-Hondata Kpro standalone engine management - which will pass inspection/emissions because it retains OBDII port reading ability.
-Injector Dynamics 1000cc
-New 255/40/17 Star Spec tires in the rear. Bridgestone RE070 225/45/17 tires in the front (good life left)
-Koyo Radiator
-Setrab Oil cooler with thermostat
-SPAL cooling fan (16")

I have a few sets of carbotech xp10/xp8 brake pads that were used for track duty that can be included.

This car is extremely clean and well taken care of. Maintenance has been performed religiously to include coolant change, transmission fluid changed yearly with Redline products, rear diff changed yearly with amsoil product and brakes bled before each track day.

The car has been extremely reliable with this turbo kit. Max coolant temp on track was 215 on a hot day (measured at the upper radiator hose) and oil temp 259 (measured at oil pan). Turbo spools quickly and produces very modulatable power. The car has been to 3 track events with the turbo kit and one without the turbo kit.

Dyno chart

Seats

At my first track event with the car I had an off, which resulted in ~30mph contact with a tire wall. The passenger side of the car received its fair share of dents, but could have been much worse. Forunately I had purchased track insurance and was covered for all damage. See below for pictures of damage, repair, and final outcome.

The passenger headlight, taillight, front fender, rear quarter, door, rear bumper and trunk lid were all replaced. The panels/car was not completely trashed as you can see from the pictures. I had track insurance to cover the damage and went to a place that was as **** about the car as I am.

Damage:

Body work:

Outcome:

The frame was checked during body work and cleared as ok. The car aligns properly, doesn't pull or vibrate while driving. Everything drives smoothly and straight.

I am sharing this information and pictures because I believe in full disclosure. I'm confident that you won't find another s2000 this clean and with this level of work put into it. The car is a lot of fun to drive and is exactly what I was trying to build, which is something that performs beautifully on track while still allowing you to enjoy driving on the street. Overall the car has participated in 4 track events (1 NA and 3 while on this turbo set up). While on track temperatures were monitored closely and always within the happy range. Maintenance has been completed religiously.

Here is what the exhaust sounds like from a flyby at WOT
/MXmetros6?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/xJkmtix94fU
Some track footage, although not the best angle
/MXmetros6?feature=mhee#p/a/u/2/mXQf4VCPZF0
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Jason

Thanks for looking
At the track the last outing
Old 09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Teching In

BTW, the reason I'm posting on this site is because an LSx equipped FD is on my list of future project potentials. I previously helped a friend purchase a 93 FD with worked over LS series engine from this website while he was overseas.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Cleanest rice burning car you will come across!

Quick Reply: FS: 2005 Honda S2000 - turbo with 422rwhp