Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS: 1999 Trans Am 6 Speed (RARE COLOR)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $7000
Mileage: 124000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): DE
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Originally Posted by Mercury
There are no door dings on this car, I will take photos, also the seat is not ripped to pieces, it has somel side bolster wear. The SES light is on because it has a catless Y pipe. I said the paint is good for a car that is 13 years old.
paint is junk for any car and needs paint bad, post pics from down the sides of the fenders... a catless y doesnt throw codes for bank 1 sensor 1, bank 2 sensor 1... catless Ys throw them for bank 1 sensor2 and bank 2 sensor 2.

The car is in the same shape it was when I bought it last year. Like I said to the member interested in buying the car, I don't like accepting offers before you see the car. It is a 99 and has 126,000 miles on it. I never said the car was perfect.
if you paid over 5500 for it then you my friend are an ****** idiot...

I didn't say I can't budge off the current offer... I said I really don't need to sell the car. Which I don't. I just currently have too many cars. I really enjoy driving the car.
oh bull ****, you did say im not gonna take any less than 7800. i dont need to sell it.

You can't place any fault on me for you driving 300 miles. It is the up to the buyer to ask the questions they seek. That was your decision. I have nothing to hide about this car.

I have sold many cars on LS1tech and have never had any issues or complaints.
nope, thats his fault for trusting what you said, but if you know something about the car that could deter a buyer then you SHOULD tell them whether asked or not...*hypothetically* if the floor pans were rusting out and the carpet hides it but you know it and someone doesnt ask, let me guess youll sell it to them anyway and push your problem off on someone else? the only flaw you told him about was the chip on the fender, and some spider webbing on the back... not the billion scratches, dents on fenders, or the big white scuffs on the bumper. not to mention the chunks missing on the side skirts... good luck selling the car. bitch smells like its been sitting with the windows down for a years worth of hot summer days in the rain.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DIRECT FROM HIS CRAIGSLIST AD

Selling my rare, Nassau Blue Trans Am (only 200 made in this color ever). This is the 6 speed manual LS1. Brand new clutch and brakes. The A/C works perfectly. 12 disc Monsoon audio system. I have the original keys and remote. The paint is in amazing shape for a car of this age.The interior is also great with tan leather . T-tops perfect for summer. The car is sitting on 18x10 American Racing Rebel rims with brand new 275 BFG KDW2's. The car also has Pacesetter headers, Texas Speed Y-pipe, Corsa exhaust system, Luk Pro Clutch, B&M Short Shifter, C6 Shift ****. Mileage is 125k but the car is just as strong as it was from day one.
Only cosmetic issues with the car is there is a chip in the paint near the trunk lid and the clear coat on the rear bumper has spidered a small amount due to a bumper tap. No dents! Paint is great! Mechanical wise the reverse gear needs to be held in to move. This is from the shift fork being misaligned. Very minor issue.
Don't waste my time, I won't waste yours. Serious Calls ONLY.
IF THIS AD IS STILL UP, THE CAR IS STILL AVAILABLE, PLEASE NO CALLS/EMAILS ASKING IF IT IS STILL AVAILABLE, BECAUSE IT IS!! =)
ALSO I WILL NOT REPLY TO TEXT MESSAGES, CALLS ONLY. -Jim
(302)-722-7019
Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/2911190695.html and for anyone that thinks i edited it...
Old 04-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Teching In

I honestly am not trying to pull one over on anybody. You decide to buy a car based on seeing it in person, not based on an internet ad.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Teching In

I did feel bad that you guys drove so far and the car wasn't as expected. Last year I made a 16 hour trip to West Virginia to buy a Trans Am from an LS1tech member and it was almost 100% not as described (was in an accident, paint missing, tires bald, exposed wires, bolts missing, etc.) I don't like being on bad terms with people if I know you or not. I still feel bad about it. Again, I am not trying to misrepresent the car. I have sold many cars here over the past 5 years and never had a problem.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyFate
...the car was NOT in the condition listed here. the back bumper is spider webbed terribly, and has 3-4 scuff marks. the pass side rear fender has door dings all the way from the tail light to the door, and a long scrape (key mark) about 4 ft long on one side i cant remember.

...the interior is junk, seat ripped to pieces on the driver side and a water damaged look on the pass seat. it also has a STRONG mildew odor inside from a leak somewhere both door panel have big cracks on the typical spot,

...to be in good shape, it needs a paint job bad! this was NOT what we were expecting for a 6 hr trip pulling a trailer.

...not the billion scratches, dents on fenders, or the big white scuffs on the bumper. not to mention the chunks missing on the side skirts...
I have made a video of the car here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP9EUJGSvrI&
Old 04-15-2012, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

I'm not being biased or anything here but the car looks pretty clean to me. Little cosmetic problems here and there but like he said. If you're looking for a perfect car check the dealers out. And quite frankly they don't even have halfway decent used cars sometimes.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by my_99Z
I'm not being biased or anything here but the car looks pretty clean to me. Little cosmetic problems here and there but like he said. If you're looking for a perfect car check the dealers out. And quite frankly they don't even have halfway decent used cars sometimes.
its hard to see on the internet and smell... and hell even i think it looks good in pics. in person however is a whole different story
Old 04-15-2012, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Mildew smell is a mildew smell, clean the carpet, it's a used car...
But as far as paint..I don't see any huge cracks or chunks taken out, and the seats wear seems to be about right too. I don't see where any of the complaints are coming from, sure I don't know how it smelled but I would do a quick interior clean and refreshen the weather stripping and fix the leaks.
All in all seems like a decent car.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Teching In

To the top!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Teching In

I've seen this car in person multiple times, and ridden in it a few as well and I can tell you that it's exactly as advertised. My most recent ride in it was two months ago and I can tell you that there was no mildew smell. There was the 13 year old car smell and the cosmetic wear is right on par with a car of this age and mileage. Hell, my Z06 with almost half the miles has more rock chips than this. Side bolster wear is also on point with that many miles as well. ZeeTwentyFate is definitely entitled to his own opinion but it sounds like he was expecting a garage queen with one or two rock chips, which is not what this car is - it's a 1999 Trans Am with 130k miles on it. It was driven, and used. Also I've seen this car since he bought it and I can guarantee you there was no check engine light - it was only after he added the catless mids that the CEL came on.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Bump, to the top!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Bump!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Just got back from Cruising Week Ocean City and the car got many compliments and looks! I should have put a for sale sign on it!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dizzysn
I've seen this car in person multiple times, and ridden in it a few as well and I can tell you that it's exactly as advertised. My most recent ride in it was two months ago and I can tell you that there was no mildew smell. There was the 13 year old car smell and the cosmetic wear is right on par with a car of this age and mileage. Hell, my Z06 with almost half the miles has more rock chips than this. Side bolster wear is also on point with that many miles as well. ZeeTwentyFate is definitely entitled to his own opinion but it sounds like he was expecting a garage queen with one or two rock chips, which is not what this car is - it's a 1999 Trans Am with 130k miles on it. It was driven, and used. Also I've seen this car since he bought it and I can guarantee you there was no check engine light - it was only after he added the catless mids that the CEL came on.
Thanks matt!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

I saw this car in OC, and I kept trying to catch you. Didnt get to see it up close, but looked awesome from a distance. If you are interested in trading for a twin turbo kit, let me know.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Bump! Will trade for a truck
Old 06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Teching In

To the top! Need driveway space!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

bring it to me!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 PM

would you trade for a drag truck?

Quick Reply: FS: 1999 Trans Am 6 Speed (RARE COLOR)