Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 z28 turbo auto in ma

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $11000
Mileage: 110000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MA
Color: Beige
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

9 grand cant go any less.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I went to see this car over the weekend. The car really is good looking. The interior looks well taken care of (I ALWAYS look at the interior when buying. If its taken care of, I judge the car based on that). It has normal wear on the bolster of the seat. The paint on the car looks really good. I didn't see any issues, no bubbling, etc. From what I was told, the car was hit on the driver's rear quarter. You would NEVER know. The paint matches extremely well. The Corvette rims did not have any curb rash, and the tires looked almost new. Under the hood, the engine looked good, but it was a little bit dirty, nothing a coupe minutes with a hose and some soap would cure. The only thing that bothered me was a cavity on top of the TB was filled in with something. I am not sure what the hole was before, I am a Turbo Buick guy and am new to the LS1s. The turbo kit looked to be set-up properly with a BOV, and FMIC. There was an MBC in the car, a boost gauge on the pillar, and it also had a cut off for the battery out the trunk lid. I was not a big fan of this, but I know it is required to pass tech at the track.

On the test-drive, the car seemed to spool up decently quick. I think bumping up the stall converter in the range of 3200 from the 2900 would really wake the care up. It has pretty good power. I cannot attest to the 550HP part, but it seemed to pick up a bit quicker than my Buick. The transmission hit hard and fast. Another issue that was brought up was that it would not idle on its own and try to die for a minute before it warmed up. After it was warm, the car idled at 800RPMs without an issue. I believe this car would need a tune to get rid of the cold-start issue, and you could also pick up some power. If you have an extra 500-600 after buying this car, drop in an alcohol kit from Alkycontrol, bump up the boost and ENJOY. And I mean enjoy . One more thing bothered me about the car. It had the stock rear-end with stock gears (3.23s?). This car has the potential to blow that rear into pieces if you start playing with the tune and boost. I probably would have drove away in the car if I had the cash.

Cliff Notes:
Pros:
Fast
Fun
Turbo
Good tires, paint and interior
Cons:
Stock rear
Bolster wear
Substance in TB
Smallish turbo (Something in the 76MM would do well)

Nix

Last edited by ZNix; 06-11-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Teching In

9 grand.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is this Bob Cazzani's old camaro? Passport Auto out of RI? He had a ridiculous sleeper blue turbo camaro with those rims, lol.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

I am surprised this car has yet to sell! Has anyone looked at it yet besides me? You WON'T be disappointed.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a great deal for a turn key forced induction car. Great base to start with.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

If I could sell my Buick.. I would be all over this car.

Nix
Old 06-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZNix
I went to see this car over the weekend. The car really is good looking. The interior looks well taken care of (I ALWAYS look at the interior when buying. If its taken care of, I judge the car based on that). It has normal wear on the bolster of the seat. The paint on the car looks really good. I didn't see any issues, no bubbling, etc. From what I was told, the car was hit on the driver's rear quarter. You would NEVER know. The paint matches extremely well. The Corvette rims did not have any curb rash, and the tires looked almost new. Under the hood, the engine looked good, but it was a little bit dirty, nothing a coupe minutes with a hose and some soap would cure. The only thing that bothered me was a cavity on top of the TB was filled in with something. I am not sure what the hole was before, I am a Turbo Buick guy and am new to the LS1s. The turbo kit looked to be set-up properly with a BOV, and FMIC. There was an MBC in the car, a boost gauge on the pillar, and it also had a cut off for the battery out the trunk lid. I was not a big fan of this, but I know it is required to pass tech at the track.

On the test-drive, the car seemed to spool up decently quick. I think bumping up the stall converter in the range of 3200 from the 2900 would really wake the care up. It has pretty good power. I cannot attest to the 550HP part, but it seemed to pick up a bit quicker than my Buick. The transmission hit hard and fast. Another issue that was brought up was that it would not idle on its own and try to die for a minute before it warmed up. After it was warm, the car idled at 800RPMs without an issue. I believe this car would need a tune to get rid of the cold-start issue, and you could also pick up some power. If you have an extra 500-600 after buying this car, drop in an alcohol kit from Alkycontrol, bump up the boost and ENJOY. And I mean enjoy . One more thing bothered me about the car. It had the stock rear-end with stock gears (3.23s?). This car has the potential to blow that rear into pieces if you start playing with the tune and boost. I probably would have drove away in the car if I had the cash.

Cliff Notes:
Pros:
Fast
Fun
Turbo
Good tires, paint and interior
Cons:
Stock rear
Bolster wear
Substance in TB
Smallish turbo (Something in the 76MM would do well)

Nix
Looking at the pic of the engine bay i'm pretty sure this is the where the EGR tube once was. Pretty common on pre-01 ls engines before they got rid of it
Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Wish i had the coin. This is a great sleeper. Maybe post it in the Eastern section?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04qsgtoMA
Wish i had the coin. This is a great sleeper. Maybe post it in the Eastern section?
If I could find the coin, I would be all over it too. Someone needs to buy this before I get myself in trouble selling organs..
Old 06-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stumprrp
Is this Bob Cazzani's old camaro? Passport Auto out of RI? He had a ridiculous sleeper blue turbo camaro with those rims, lol.
Yes it is his old car.Small world Bob Is a great guy.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04qsgtoMA
Looking at the pic of the engine bay i'm pretty sure this is the where the EGR tube once was. Pretty common on pre-01 ls engines before they got rid of it
Yes thats where it is it has epoxy over the gasket. They make a nice block off for it, or a billet cover.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Free bump for a local
Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Would trade for center console boat.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Any particular size in mind? 21ft? 25ft?

Nix
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Teching In

20 ft and up
Old 06-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Ok $9000

Last edited by Turbo-z-ls1; 07-02-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Old 07-06-2012, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Somebody buy this thing! I don't think my parents would be happy to have another turbo car in the driveway.. But I won't hesitate to disappoint them if I can find the cash .

Nix
Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hopefully my lt1 is gone tomorrow brad and we can work out a deal! Selling these cars is brutal.