Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1965 Shelby Cobra w/LS6 crate engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1965 Shelby Cobra w/LS6 crate engine

Year: 1965
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $29995
Mileage: 984
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): UT
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Sorry about the ad classification as the menu does not have a Shelby or Ford Cobra option.

This car gets a lot of attention both on the street and at shows. I have put many upgrades into the car during its construction. It also has some brushed aluminum LS6 fender badges just to keep the Ford purists on their toes. Here is a list of the things the car has. The car is a very fast and easy to drive street car. It has new Goodyear drag radials on it to keep my wife from getting into trouble. The car handles and drives excellent and with the 2300 pound wieght it moves out really well.

• 1965 AC Cobra West Coast Cobra replica Kit car with 985 miles on since completion
• Titled as a 1965 Cobra.
• New LS6 Chevrolet Crate engine with zero miles when installed.
• New 4L65E automatic trans from GM. Upgraded with red alto parts to handle 600 hp.
• New GM Drive by wire throttle and pedal assembly
• New GM alternator and bracket
• All new Painless wiring harness for engine and new harness for the remainder of car
• PTC 3200 Stall lock up torque converter with Hi efficiency trans cooler and trans temp gauge
• Comp Cam XR281HR camshaft, nice lope and easy to drive.
• Dana 44 Rear end with Jaguar IRS with new rear calipers
• Jaguar front suspension with new Wilwood calipers
• Koni Shocks all around
• In tank Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
• Real cherrywood dashboard with Autometer C2 Cobalt blue back light gauges. LED turn signal indicators with Check Engine light and oil warning light. Car has a tilt column also.
• Real leather seats and door panels
• New paint, GM Corvette Crystal Red Metallic Tint Coat. Did a top notch profession job by a major local auto restoration and repair shop. They also painted the custom Corvette finned rail covers the same color as the car.
• Car weighs 2350 pounds

The car runs and drives great and gets great fuel mileage. I built it for my wife to drive and it was recently completed. The automatic trans makes it easy to drive for anyone and is a great cruiser that can be taken anywhere. It has a brand new from GM engine and transmission that perform flawlessly and will provide thousands of trouble free miles of fun.
Attached Thumbnails 1965 Shelby Cobra w/LS6 crate engine-cobraadls1tech_zps98197167.jpg   1965 Shelby Cobra w/LS6 crate engine-cobraadls1tech2_zps933df1fd.jpg   1965 Shelby Cobra w/LS6 crate engine-cobraenginelstech_zps9e315b6a.jpg  

Last edited by meatheadgn; 09-20-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: add photos and detail
Old 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THAT is freakin cool. Glws
Old 09-21-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Badass! GLWS!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the comments. It is really a great cruiser and is very reliable with the crate engine and automatic.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

I put the car on Ebay if anyone is interested in seeing more pictures or needs any more details please let me know.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to ask....why are you selling her?

Quick Reply: 1965 Shelby Cobra w/LS6 crate engine