Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

lq4/th350 swap for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4/th350 swap for sale

Year: 1979
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $3500
Mileage: 1000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Update: i have sold the camaro body. now i have the drive train left to sell. it is the LQ4 and th350 out of this camaro. will come with the modded pacesetter headers as well!

Hello y'all,
I have my 1979 camaro here for sale. I took the 4 speed/355 combo out and swapped in a 2004 lq4 with a th350 to back it. The rear end is the stock 8.5 with 3.08 gears. I put in a powertrax no slip. The engine I got out of a 2004 hd. It had less than 80k on it and ran good. I was bored so I tore it all down and took the block to the machine shop. The bores were perfect and within spec so I had them de glaze only to the bores. They installed new clevite cam bearings and deglazed the cyl after it was hot tanked. I ordered a rebuild kit for it with clevite main and rod bearings from Tx speed as well as arp rod bolts and arp head bolts and arp main side bolts. I double checked and measured every thing during assembly using a mic as well as double checking with plasti gauge. The cam is a comp cams xe-r278 I believe was what it was called. It was pn 54-444-11 from Jegs. New double roller timing chain and new melting hp oil pump. I used stock gm lq4 head gaskets along with all new gm seals and gaskets throughout. The heads I bought were low mileage 243 heads off of a ls6, I had tore them down and took to my machine shop for crack testing. They were perfect so I just lapped the valves back in and replaced the valve springs with PAC springs. The pushrods are 7.4 speed inc. The rods and the pistons are the new style floating pin style with the coated piston skirts. Btw all 8 pistons looked brand new and no wear on the coating. I used moly rings from tx speed as well. The intake is the edelbrock rpm, and the carb is a Holley hp 750 with vac secondaries. It is run by the edelbrock/ msd 6ls box. The tranny is a brand new th350 from Jegs with a manual auto vb. the converter is a 2900-3200 from Jegs that has the nitrous plates and holds 800 hp. The whole combo works well and has massive power from 2500 to 6500(I haven't taken it further than that yet but it is definitely not dropping off yet at 6500 rpms. Every part that is aftermarket I bought bran new this past spring and summer including the trans, converter, all engine parts that I replaced with the exception of the carb. It's a few years old but I have taken care of it and it is just like new. It also has a full 2 1/2 inch dual exhaust with flow asters. I modded the 4th gen pacesetters headers to work and they fit well. As for the interior it is not thebest(cracked dash, hole in carpet from the 4 speed and the back side panels are worn and no headliner) but it does have a radio that works newish black carpet and decent seats( stock). Gauges work speedo is correct and it has a 5 inch tach with shift light. The outside and underneath is solid. There is a small amount of rust in isolated spots( floorboards, and corners of back seat where seat belts bolt down in the floor.) nothing structural or anything that can be seen and floorboards are defiantly still solid enough to sue. Holes are about the size of a coke can. I sanded down the whole car and primed with Eastwood epoxy primer then top coated with there satin black single stage just to get a top coat on it. Body is pretty strait ther are oneortwo small dings though. The front nose cone is just about perfect. No sagging or cracks anywhere. The car currently has the stock tank with an externally mounted 120 gph fuel pump and a regulator. Regulator is a bypass reg and returns the fuel to the tank. Battery mounted in trunk. The car is a nice start for someone who wants to make it there's or drive it as is. There is no heater hooked up but everything is there under the dash. I drove the car to work this summer but now it's getting rainy and cold I'm putting it up for the winter in the garage. But if any one wants to buy it that would free up a spot in the garage for me to actually park my everyday driver. I will take 8900 dollars for it. I have that much into the drivetrain alone not cou ting my time and the car itself. I have most all the recites from the parts in this build in a big ziplock bag and they add up to well over 8900. Thanks for looking
601-493-zero two one six.

Last edited by jaybuller; 10-24-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: sold roller now drive train is for sale.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

forgot pics...

there is some starters. it is all put back together after painting btw. all lights are back in and trim is back onas well. looks sharp but as you can see there is a little uneveness to the satin black.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

engine bay shot right before we sprayed it.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Would also be willing to sell the drive train separately for the right price offer if your interested.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Forgot a couple things... It has aluminum body to subframe bushing, and subframe connectors. Also the price is best offer as well I'm not set on 8900. I have some wiggle room. Not sure if I mentioned it but I also have the clean Michigan title in my name in hand.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Default LQ4/th350

allright guys the camaro rollar is sold i still have the LQ4/th350 drive train out of it for sale though! will come complete with the modded pacesetter headers as well. im asking 3500 for the complete running setup!

Quick Reply: lq4/th350 swap for sale