Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1995 t/a project

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 t/a project

Year: 1995
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $2000
Mileage: 120000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MN
Color: White
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

This is strictly gauging interest. Not looking to sell unless I get a good offer. If I can get out of my loan and not have to spend my money on this over the winter, I'll be happy. If I do keep it and do the work myself, then I'll enjoy it in the spring and you'll be sad you missed out on it. ;]

I'll start with the list of the work needed, if you're not up for this, the car isn't for you.

Needs:
New piston rings, pistons should still be usable assuming you clean them well before putting on the new rings, rotating assembly is still fine. Full set of rings from O'Reilly's is less than $200.

I would recommend getting the block honed and cleaned for this work, as it has 117k miles on it, and you're better off safe than sorry. I got a quote on this from TPIS of roughly $250, unless it ends up needing to be bored out, at which point additional costs would be accrued.

Heads bolts/studs, one head is already off, and the other is half off. I've always been told to never reuse head bolts, so that's what I'd tell you. A set of ARP head studs are less than $200 on Summit.

Driver's side head needs a few bolt holes tapped and redone. Cylinder head express quoted roughly $20 per hole for this, or you can buy some hopped up heads while you've got it apart.

Gasket set, again, better off not reusing these things.

Rear end diagnosis. There is a squeal on left hand turns, not sure what it is, but it's definitely not good. There is an excessive amount of play in that driveshaft, the c-clips have been replaced and did not fix it. Speculation is that the gears were not set properly(fairly confident that they are an aftermarket set.)

Next I'll copy-paste the ad from when I bought it, because not much has changed since then, but I will note what has changed.

It has about 117K miles, salvage title (front end was hit, but repaired). LT1 V8, Auto, T-top.

Mods/Good:
CC306 cam
Comp springs
Aftermarket Stall
Arizona Speed and Marine midtube headers Don't think this is accurate. Definitely shorty's, unsure of brand
Cold air intake
WS6 style aftermarket hood
Newer polished OE WS6 wheels Replaced with 16 in. "ABS" wheels
Eibach Sportline lowering springs Returned to stock height springs, but still have these if interested
Tinted taillights Cracked and poorly repaired

The bad:
Salvage title Can't really change that...
Needs windshield This has been replaced by Abra, I have the receipt
Paint is so/so, but very little rust, if hardly any. One dent (that I know of) Found two or three dents total, but only one noticeable, overall probably 98% rust free, but found one or two runs in the paint, overall still very clean looking
Speedo is off a bit Probably still off, but not by much
Exhaust sounds raspy at certain rpms
Window motors are getting weak VERY weak

Runs fine, has plenty of get-up-and-go, and looks excellent from a short distance.

Tuned
Extra timing
no rev/speed limiter
fuel tables changed
by madz28

Craigslist ad:

Mods/Good:
CC306 cam
Comp springs
Aftermarket Stall
Arizona Speed and Marine midtube headers
Cold air intake
WS6 style aftermarket hood
Newer polished OE WS6 wheels
Eibach Sportline lowering springs
Tinted taillights
Relatively low miles
Leather seats in great condition DECENT condition

The bad:
Salvage title
Needs windshield
Paint is so/so, but very little rust, if hardly any. One dent (that I know of)
Speedo is off a bit
Exhaust sounds raspy at certain rpms
Window motors are getting weak

Runs fine, has plenty of get-up-and-go, and looks excellent from a short distance.

Also, if anyone tells you t-tops don't leak that bad, they're a damn liar. This is a hand wash in the driveway kind of car.
The driver's door lost a spring on the door latch, and it sometimes falls shut when the door is open, I can more easily explain and demonstrate this in person.

Just testing the waters. I'm in a little more deep than I want to be with this car, but I am by no means hurting to make the sale. Just looking to get out of the loan, but I live well within my means, so this won't sell unless I get what I'd like to see.
Attached Thumbnails 1995 t/a project-dscn1314.jpg   1995 t/a project-dscn1316.jpg   1995 t/a project-imag0258.jpg  

Last edited by I<3Fbody; 12-02-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Bump for a price drop.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Teching In

I do 1700 where at in mn.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Gonna need to see more than that. I'm in the south metro.

Quick Reply: 1995 t/a project