Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*

Year: 2005
Make: Pontiac
Model: GTO
Price: $2000
Mileage: 65684
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

*** EASY FIX!!! ***

I hate to let her go, but I must. Here's the story on how I acquired such a good donor GTO:

I bought the chassis in October 2011 from a gentleman that repairs cars in Texas. He had purchased it from an auto auction in Austin, TX. He had parted out the engine/transmission combo along with wiring harness and accessories and was going to fix it up and turn it into his own project. I went on Craigslist and found him and decided to go ahead and purchase it from him, since I had my very own plans on buying one and doing the same for a project. I bought it and wanted him to fix it for me so I can have it shipped to me (I live in Atlanta, GA) as a fixed up, rolling shell. In the middle of that process, the car had to be moved to another location (May 2012), which ended up being in a salvage tow yard in Austin, TX for a couple of months until now (December 2012). The salvage place where it is still at now needs it moved out now to make room for other cars.

I have too many projects now and need to get this GTO moving. I DO have the salvage title in hand and I've taken a picture of the front and the back for you to see. The car only has 65K AND only had 1 OWNER on it, so whomever gets it will have a really good donor chassis to fix up and put on the road, turn it into a drag car, or whatever your imagination leads you to.

As far as I know it has miscellaneous interior parts, as pictured, along with the dash, steering wheel, pedals, center console, trunk lid, etc. NO LS2 Engine/4L65-E Transmission, Wiring Harness, Accessories, etc. I was told that the body wiring harness is still intact. The gentleman had sold the passenger door and wheels. The rear-end IS there along with the car, just not hooked up to the car. It does have the original spare in the trunk. Pretty much to sum it up, the main parts that everyone is after have been sold. You just need to bring a couple of wheels, bolt on the rear-end, and roll her away.

The damage was only to the right-front fender area as you can see pictured. The shop had told me that the shock towers did not appear to be bent, but it would be a good idea to check the chassis out on a frame machine (which is what I started to pay for). The windshield is also damaged. The right-front frame rail is a bit bent at its front part, but it can be fixed. It does not look like it affected where the engine cradle meets the frame rails (that's what interested me the most in this chassis). The pictures were taken when the GTO was in the 1st shop in Austin, TX. It is a little dusty, but as you can tell, it's a great rolling chassis despite its minor front accident. Some of the pictures are a bit blurry, but you can make out most of the detail.

*** KBB PRIVATE PARTY VALUE RANGES FROM: EXCELLENT CONDITION ~ $15,550 TO FAIR CONDITION ~ $13,425. So at my VERY VERY VERY LOW RESERVE on Ebay (ID: 321043336809), you are getting a GREAT DEAL!!!

If you want to schedule a time to see the car for yourself, let me know first so I can contact the property manager at the salvage tow yard and let you see it.

The salvage title is still the same way the 1st gentleman got it from the auto auction. I left it blank until I would register it here, but now it will be much easier for you to register it in your state if you want to rebuild it. It's up to you.

*** I WILL TAKE $2K OR BEST OFFER! THIS IS A RARE CAR TO FIND AS A ROLLER/SHELL AND NOT COMPLETELY DESTROYED. LET ME KNOW ALL OFFERS AND I'LL CONSIDER AND GET BACK WITH YOU. I CAN'T PART-OUT AT THIS TIME. SELLING WHOLE AS-IS. THANK YOU. ***

Any and all questions will gladly be answered. Vehicle is being sold AS-IS with no warranty implied. You can respond to me through Ebay (ID: 321043336809) or call (leave a message) or text at: (678) 521-6176.

~ Sebastian (Atlanta, GA)
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*-2005-gto-5.jpg   2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*-2005-gto-6.jpg   2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*-2005-gto-12.jpg   2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*-2005-gto-14.jpg   2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*-2005-gto-13.jpg  

2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*-2005-gto-15.jpg   2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*-2005-gto-1.jpg   2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*-salvage-title-front.jpg   2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*-salvage-title-back.jpg  

Last edited by 2010 Firevette!; 12-18-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Revised description to state not parting out at this time.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Default 2005 Pontiac GTO Rolling Shell

*** 1st person that can give me their best offer from $2k will take it. This great find needs to be out by end of this year/beginning of next year. Thank you.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

I don't quite see how this is a good deal. Looks like a lot of work, I will take it if you give me $50.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:01 AM
11 Second Club

jesus christ

Quick Reply: 2005 Pontiac GTO Roller/Shell *ONLY 65K MILES!*