Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package

Year: 2015
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $5500
Mileage: 90300
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I have decided to sell my 1997 Pontiac Trans-Am, “Veronica,” with slightly over 90,000 miles. The vehicle private party blue-books between $6100 and $7100. I have lowered the price recently to $5500 and I will consider all reasonable offers. I have owned this vehicle in Arkansas and North Carolina since 2005, but now that I spend my winters in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, I’ll need something a bit more snow worthy. This vehicle has never been driven on salty or sandy roads and has been kept clean and waxed since I purchased it. I am the second owner of this vehicle, and the first, whom I knew, was more ****-retentive about maintenance and upkeep than me. The original leather and carpet interior speaks to that care.
In 2006, I had a high performance filter and Ram-Air system installed on the vehicle. It has a 5.7L V-8 which gets almost 20mpg when driven tenderly. The only engine problem I have ever had was in 2008, when I had to have the harmonic balance replaced. The vehicle has an automatic transmission which has never given me problems. I had planned to own this car for many more years, so I have a spare water pump to include in the sale. I also have the cigarette lighter and a spare ashtray cover, but the vehicle has never been smoked in. I replaced the tires last summer and have driven fewer than 2000 miles on them.
The vehicle came standard with the integrated Monsoon audio system (doors, subs, hatch speakers and amplifier). I replaced the door speakers in 2006. It has a motorized antenna which I replaced sometime around 2007 after the antenna was snapped off while driving (a bird or something hit it and it was cheaper to replace motor, antenna and all).
This vehicle looks great for its age and mileage. That being said it, like most cars, has some places of “character:” the driver side window sometimes comes off its track when rolling up and requires a helping hand (I have fixed this once before, but it doesn’t really bother me now—the window glass is really too big for Pontiac’s support design); the dash began cracking in 2009 and is now in need of replacement (structurally it is fine, but it looks ugly—see picture); there is a small scratch above the driver-side back wheel from a taxi driver’s three-point turn (see picture); the paint on the nose-cone was chipped a few weeks ago from a rock, but the fiberglass is fine (see picture); finally, the windshield wipers have recently decided to finish their cycle in the “up” position while going through the cycle normally, even pausing in the “down” position (usually, according to the forums, caused by either a “tab” on the motor bending, which can be bent back or replaced).
This was my first vehicle and has been a wonderful car. It can be a trustworthy daily-driver or a fun summer ride.
Attached Thumbnails Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package-58317_4119286533665_314612845_n.jpg   Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package-68460_4119286373661_1611745747_n.jpg   Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package-img_20130516_095313_258.jpg   Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package-img_20130516_095327_321.jpg   Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package-img_20130516_095335_279.jpg  

Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package-img_20130516_095409_065.jpg   Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package-img_20130516_095500_088.jpg  

Quick Reply: Trans-Am w/ Ram-Air Package