Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Xtreme Blazer 5.3/4l80e swapped boost ready!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 Xtreme Blazer 5.3/4l80e swapped boost ready!

Year: 2012
Make: Chevrolet
Model: S10 Blazer
Price: $5000
Mileage: 156000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TN
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Well I just bought a 93 Typhoon , So I am thinking I need to sell my Xtreme Blazer.
This is my DD I drive it to and from work and my child's school everyday. Its a super fun very dependable head turner with a lot of potential to be a real show stopper. I am saying this is a project truck due to the fact it isn't finished ( but please understand this truck does run and drive perfectly now as is ). What I mean by project is this truck was built to have a turbo , and I have not finished that yet. Plans were to do it next year come spring time and drive it as is til then, but I found a Typhoon and just couldn't pass on it.

Here is the run down.
2001 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Xtreme - Electric Blue - 2 door wheel drive
156,xxx miles on body- 48,xxx on motor
5.3 ls out of a 06 Silverado
Upgraded to ls1 intake and throttle body and mass air flow sensor - ls1 injectors and fuel rails.
Camaro Ls1 exhaust manifolds, run into 2.5" exhaust downpipes to a 3" Flowmaster Y pipe to a super 40 Flowmaster muffler with dump before the rear axle - This was to be taken off to run the rear mount turbo next year but needed for daily driving now til then.
Late model 4l80e transmission w/ aftermarket built multi clutch 3200 stall torque converter
4l80 adapter harness - shifts controlled by the pcm
Aeromotive 340 fuel pump with corvette fuel filter with full braided line to motor
New sending unit and float in tank
Tru-Cool Max LPD47391(40,000 GVW) Transmission cooler - front mounted
CPW Radiator/Fan/Condenser kit http://www.currentperformance.com/Sw.../Radiator.html - this system is a beast! truck never runs over 180* even is sitting still Memphis summer traffic
CPW A/C system - colder then stock system - it is a straight upgraded
http://www.currentperformance.com/Swap_Parts/AC.html
Brand new Front Accessories - Corvette Y body setup
Ls6 Cam with Comp Cam 918 springs good for .600 lift
Ls9 head gaskets and new headbolts - ready for boost!
Hypertech 160* thermostat - pressure relief radiator cap
Dyno tuned

Interior is basically stock with the addition of blue gauges , a JVC touch screen cd player with Ipod hook up - Pioneer 800w mono amp - 2 audiobahn 12's in a dual ported box - Mtx door , dash, and rear speakers. Yes its loud , and for what it is sounds pretty good.
PDL
Dual PW
Airbags
Anti lock Brakes
Delay wipers - rear window wiper as well - all have new blades
Dual power station
Converted to floor shifter from column shift
tinted windows all the way around

Truck has 6000k HID headlights , aftermarket housings for headlights and turn signals that are also in aftermarket housings. Taillights have been tinted. Custom grille. Fog lights ( need bulbs )

Truck is factory lowered being the Xtreme package - but I have a COMPLETE Belltech front and rear 2 in drop suspension package With the shocks brand in in the box.
Truck sits on 2010 C6 Corvette rims - 18 x 9.5 front 19 x 12.5 rears - front tires are ok , rears are pretty thin , but I do have another set of rear tires that will come with the truck.
Brake calipers front and rear are high gloss black - it is front and rear disc brakes too.
All 4 adapters are the high $ ones - not the cheap ebay adapters - all new lug nuts were used , and black chrome for the rims them selves.
Rear is a posi with 3.42 gears which should compliment the vehicles weight with a rear mount perfectly.

Everything in the truck works like it would if this was done in the factory!
All factory gauges work! speedo tach oil temp ect...
Even the engine diagnostic port works!

Mechanically this truck is top notch - everything was gone thru and rebuilt - alot of really high dollar parts were used. No cut corners.
With the addition of a rear mount turbo this setup could easily make 600 streetable horsepower , or even more depending on how wild you want to go.

Truck needs paint and some dents worked out of it to be an absolute take anywhere and win shows truck. Truck came from Texas and the paint on the hood n fenders has peeled n faded on just the hood n front fenders - This truck could be taken to a place like Macco for cheap ( @ 300$ iirc ) and have the front cap painted to match the rest of the truck and be just fine. I was waiting to get a cowl hood first personally. Need some other tlc but nothing major or expensive.

As you can tell there is a lot in the truck - time and money
These trucks go all day stock for 4 - 5000 $ with the 4.3 v6 and the 4l60e trans that is break prone.
Here is the thread on this site I bought the truck from:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-5-3-swap.html
As you can see He and I both have perfect trader feedback, I have put 3000 miles on the truck since I got it and fixed the following:
oil change
thermostat
tune was re done
truck did not run correctly when I bought it , ended up being a TPS sensor - fixed that
seafoamed the engine
installed new plugs
Cleaned n painted the calipers
Upgraded to the C6 rims and all the nessesary adapters + lug nuts
Fixed a wiring issue with the amp
Changed the homemade box to a professionally built ported sub box
AND IM ASKING LESS THEN I BOUGHT IT FROM HIM FROM! Plus I covered the paypal fees and shipping costs! If you couldn't tell I'm a motivated seller - I really want to start restoring this Typhoon!

I will knock off 500$ if the buyer does not want the stereo system!
I will knock off 500$ if the buyer does not want the C6 rims and tires - you bring what it leaves with including lug nuts - Let that sink in a second 5000$ for a ls v8 swapped Xtreme - that is an unheard of price!
I am absolutely 100% firm on the price , I will entertain no trade offers unless I feel like I am getting the deal of the century - NO MOTORCYCLES! Due to injury a few year back I can no longer ride.

Now - I have some other goodies that can go with the truck for additional cost - I planned on doing the turbo and had already started collecting the parts.
What I have is a complete LS6 top end- with a turbo setup
LS6 intake - off of 2002 SS
ported LS6 throttle body - off of 2002 SS
LS6 fuel rails -of off 2002 SS
LS6 PORTED heads with cleaned up valves and yellow springs - Came off a guy on ls1tech known for his port work - I have tried to find the ad I bought them from an cannot, but he had ported and sold 20 -30 sets at the time I bought these earlier this year.
Borg Warner used S472 ( less then 10000 miles ) specs T6 132/96mm polished housing
Cam to match the turbo
The cam and turbo were on a front mount 5.3 in a 4th gen f body making 1050 horsepower with a slightly better set of heads and intake system then I have with these. I seriously estimated with a meth injection and good tune to be making a very streetable 700+ with these
All of those parts or nothing - I will not separate them - please don't try to cherry pick them
Add 2000$ - Im very firm on that price - cam and turbo alone would run you 2000 + new.

So in a nutshell version for 8000 dollars your getting 10000+ dollars worth of parts and a running truck with a setup that is easily capable of make 800+ horsepower. Please keep in mind I do not need to sell this truck - and if I don't I will finish it next year.

Any questions please feel free to ask me ,anything I cannot answer ( which shouldn't be much ) the original owner has agreed to help me with anything a buyer might need. We have kept in contact over the truck the last 1/2 year. He has even tried to buy it back twice.
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Xtreme Blazer 5.3/4l80e swapped boost ready!-imag0842.jpg   2001 Xtreme Blazer 5.3/4l80e swapped boost ready!-imag0844.jpg   2001 Xtreme Blazer 5.3/4l80e swapped boost ready!-imag0846.jpg   2001 Xtreme Blazer 5.3/4l80e swapped boost ready!-imag0848.jpg   2001 Xtreme Blazer 5.3/4l80e swapped boost ready!-imag0850.jpg  

Last edited by 3rdgentug; 12-10-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

check your pm's
Old 12-11-2013, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Original owner just sent me a deposit to buy the truck back
Looks like its off the market!

Quick Reply: 2001 Xtreme Blazer 5.3/4l80e swapped boost ready!