Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1993 gmc jimmy twin turbo awd 555hp

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 gmc jimmy twin turbo awd 555hp

Year: 1993
Make: GMC
Model: Jimmy
Price: $13500
Mileage: 2500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): WI
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

As the title states, 1993 GMC Jimmy with a 2005 5.3L truck motor with twin turbos. Built the truck a couple years ago and had my fun with it, just have some bigger projects going on and need to cash this one out.

Motor: Mileage unknown, looked fresh when I opened it up. head studs, valve springs, 706 head castings and new ls9 cam. 80 pound seimens injectors and two walbro 255l inline fuel pumps run parallel for the E85 fuel support.

Turbos: rebuilt Holset H1C's, Headers are made from a mild steel header kit and are tig welded, 3" down pipes that merge into 4" exhaust that runs out behind the rear passenger tire, waste gates came off ebay dont really know the brand

Trans: th350, alto red clutches and kolene steels. shift kit, hardened outer intermediate race with new sprag, tsi converter.

Rear end: GM 8.5" with 308 gears gov lock and disk brakes.

Front diff: GM 308 gear set and axle from a 1993 AWD astro safari

Transfer case: AWD case from oldes bravada, dont remember the #'s on the tag.

Other: This was pretty much a frame off restoration, the frame was completely disassembled sand blasted then painted with industrial paint and reassembled with new prothane (urethane) bushings, all ball joints and steering components are new also. I guess I should say new two years ago, I probably have less than 2500 miles on the truck since the rebuild. Has 4 wheel disk brakes and the hydro boost braking and power steering system, It works awesome. All the air conditioning components are there, i never charged it to know if it works, it WAS something I was going to work on as I had time. The interior was completely taken out and cleaned there is wear on the drivers seat, I just didnt get around to having it fixed, theres other small cosmetic issues just from its age, but everything is clean. Body itself has fresh paint but its NOT perfect and has some small scratches and chips, but you would have to look for them, there not too obvious. I put this project together with the intention of driving it, its not a show truck but it is a nice truck, had lots of fun with it and makes decent power. The tune was completed on a load bearing dyno by Done Rite Automotive Perfomance and made 555hp and 500lbs of torque on 13psi. $13500 or best offer, I really dont know were to start with the price, John 920-427-9352

I have plenty more pics and dyno sheet if you are intrested

Old 01-20-2014, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

god this thing looks ridiculously fun... talk about a sleeper.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

i seen this thing forsale at a local car show/swap meet. it was clean and looked well put together!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the comments and the free bumps guys!
Old 02-17-2014, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

do you have and build photos and how does the 4x4 stuff hold up to all that power?
Old 03-01-2014, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

Best. Sleeper. Ever.

Quick Reply: 1993 gmc jimmy twin turbo awd 555hp