Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Unfinished Project for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unfinished Project for sale

Year: 1971
Make: Pontiac
Model: LeMans
Price: $11500
Mileage: 60000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Color: Gray
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

1971 Pontiac Lemans convertible pro-touring project, 70 GTO clone. LS1 engine and 4L60e automatic transmission from a 2004 GTO with 60,000 miles. Full frame off rebuild, all new performance suspension, and four-wheel disc brakes. 12-bolt rebuilt rearend from a Chevelle (no posi). New driveshaft. Body and frame have been sandblasted to bare metal and finished with epoxy primer. Rusted out floor areas of body have been replaced. Both rear quarters have been replaced. For the trunk lid I separated the inner and outer skins and removed and patched the rusty areas along the bottom. All sides of trunk skins were epoxy primed and the underside has been painted in the color I was going to paint the car, GM Lemans Blue. Doors has been sandblasted, epoxy primed and the inside painted blue. Doors are also hung and aligned. Door and trunk jambs on body have also been painted. Car is a little farther along than shown in these pictures, I will try to post some newer pictures soon.

Dashboard and front seats from 2004 GTO are installed; I also used the entire wiring harness from that car. Electric mirrors, modern door handles.

Car starts and runs fine and can be driven onto a trailer.

I am moving soon and I am finding I just don't have the time or money to work on this like I want to. So my loss is your gain.

To see what work has been done to date see my build thread in the link below in my signature

I estimate it's about 75% done. Remaining work to do:

Obviously paint prep and paint, interior needs to be finished, doors/hood/trunk need to be installed and aligned. Will front end need alignment, wheels and tires, and misc things like glass and weather stripping installed, new top, hood, etc. Basically the running gear is pretty much done, it's mostly appearance items left to do.

Parts included but not shown in these pictures:

All glass, in good shape, may need some polishing to look great. Also have all the door hardware.

Rear bumper with restored taillight assemblies. Bumper has been epoxy primed and painted blue.

Misc body parts, chrome trim, and hardware. Also have GTO hood scoops.

Convertible top mechanism works fine but will need a new top. I have the power top pump and cylinders but have no idea if they work.

Also will include remaining parts from the 2004 GTO: rear seats, both doors, and some interior bits. And some other misc parts such as bodywork materials.

This is a local, cash only sale to a serious buyer. You pick up with your trailer, I don't have the means to deliver. I am in Springfield, Ohio. Also I will not part it out I will only sell it whole. I have about $26,000 invested so far. I might consider a trade for a second gen Camaro or Firebird in good driver condition.

Last edited by fsdproject; 04-23-2015 at 05:50 PM. Reason: reduced price
Old 04-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump:

Lowered price and updated status of build. Moving soon, need to get this to a new home.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted you about the car but never heard a response.

Quick Reply: Unfinished Project for sale