Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

93 mustang L33 5.3 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Year: 1993
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Price: $0
Mileage: 0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NC
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I wouldn't be too concerned about a salvage title if your buying a fox. I've owned several, and they were all wrecked prior to me owning them other than the first one. All off them drove strait, parts were cheap, and they all were driven well over. 130 mph with no issues. The door to fender gaps were a little ugly on a couple of them. That being said they are also a dime a dozen, and I ended up selling my last one for around 8 k. That was a All motor 418 car that ran 10.20@132. One of the next owners changed the converter and went 9.70.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12sec97Z28
I don't think he's saying they aren't major obstacles to overcome. He's saying take those into account more so than the title status alone and if it passes those then why not get a great deal? It's pretty common for insurance companies to total 92-02 Vipers for front end cosmetic only damage because the hood is so expensive. Does that mean you wouldn't buy one for 10k off because the hood and bumper cover have been replaced?
FWIW though, there's also the concern of whether it can be insured and the cost to do so and the fact that most financial institutions won't finance a salvaged vehicle.
He gets it. And basically if you add up the parts and they are worth more than the asking price, then get it and find you a clean unmolested car to swap stuff into, then sell the leftover roller for $1k or so. I would think you could get liability coverage on a car regardless of salvage title as long as the car can be registered to drive on the street.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

It wasn't totally an issue of the salvaged title, it was the fact that the car was not represented as so, till I told him that I was going to have the VIN research done. In a matter of 3 days or so it went from "your offer is to low" to "I got to get this car sold I'll take your offer" to "the car is no longer for sale".

So say the car was still for sale, he was pushing to get the deal done within about 3 days of accepting my offer. I was willing to drive out till I found out about the title issue and with the time crunch there was no way to have it inspected by a third party before driving 2,200miles. If the car was out up for sale again and I had time to set up someone to take a look at it for me I'd maybe think about it. I'd still be somewhat hesitant about dealing with him based on the fact he was kind of trying to hide the title issue and force a quick sale.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:22 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I can say this, I got a "rebuilt" titled vehicle and insurance companies are racist against it. Sucks because I wanted full coverage without getting raped. Never again.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Teching In

I heard the motor locked up so somebody escaped a headache!!!!

Quick Reply: 93 mustang L33 5.3 turbo