Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1987 Buick Grand National FS or FT

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1987 Buick Grand National FS or FT

Year: 1987
Make: Buick
Model: Regal
Price: $12500
Mileage: 115000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MS
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Up for sale is an 87 GN with T-tops. I've owned it for approx 18 months. When I bought it, it had a bad engine and trans, but the body and paint were nice. I installed a low mileage engine with some upgrades. It has a Precision TE62 turbo, and an Iceman cold air kit. The Injectors are new FAST 60 lb/hr along with the V5.7 TurboTweak chip. It has a TH 3" downpipe and an RJC boost controller. It does have a 3" cutout as well. I'm not sure of the exact mileage on the engine and trans. They were purchased from a friend. The engine has been upgraded with a Comp 206/206 hyd roller cam. It runs very well. While I was there, I installed a new crank sensor and fresh plug wires. I also replaced the fuel pressure regulator with a low mileage, adjustable version. The wheels are in good shape, but could use some touch up on the painted sections. The center caps are in great shape. When I installed the engine, I also upgraded the brakes to a vacuum system with a new master cylinder. It stops very well.

As far as the interior...The car has a 145 mph speedometer and an aftermarket radio and CD player. The front tires have 75% thread left, the rear ones have 25% left. The dash does have a small crank in it. The steering wheel has been recovered in black, so it's not 100% correct. The seats are in very good shape. The head liner needs to be replaced, as it is beginning to sag. The t-tops and windows could use fresh seals. I have the new seals and will include them with the car.

The body is in good overall shape, but isn't perfect. There are a couple of rust bubbles on the lower quarter on the driver's side and near the rear wheel trim on the passenger side. There's also a small dent on the driver's side front fender. I couldn't get these flaws to show up properly in a picture. Overall I'd rate the body a 9 out of 10. The frame is very solid. I installed new fiberglass bumper fillers on the car as well. I also installed a lightweight aluminum rear bumper support and the hard-to-find lightweight import front bumper supports. Other misc parts that I replaced were the battery, hood supports, heater control valve, and IAC.
It has an aftermarket transmission cooler and a rebuilt torque converter with the proper Grand National stator. As you can see, it also have the GNX fender vents.

The only other issues that I can think of, is that the package tray needs to be replaced and, thanks to the factory security system, the battery drains in approx 1 week...if you don't start the car. This hasn't been an issue with me, since I start it every 2-3 days.

This car does have the factory G80, limited slip option, and the concert sound option as well. It's not a perfect, show quality car, but it is a nice cruiser. It's located 60 miles southeast of Memphis, TN. I'd prefer that you come view the car, but I'll deliver within 100 miles. I'm asking $12500. I'd also consider a trade up for a 5th Gen Camaro or possibly even a C6 Vette or a very clean 4th Gen F-body.
Attached Thumbnails 1987 Buick Grand National FS or FT-gn1.jpg   1987 Buick Grand National FS or FT-gn4.jpg   1987 Buick Grand National FS or FT-gn6.jpg   1987 Buick Grand National FS or FT-gn8.jpg   1987 Buick Grand National FS or FT-gn9.jpg  

Old 04-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will consider a trade plus cash.
Thanks,
Kevin
Old 04-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice GN for the money. Good luck sir

Quick Reply: 1987 Buick Grand National FS or FT