Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

71 Firebird Restomod Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 71 Firebird Restomod Project

Year: 1971
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $19000
Mileage: 0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Gray
Transmission: Manual

Regretfully I am looking to sell my 1971 Firebird LS1 swap project. I have spent two years rotisserie restoring this car. The car was an original 1971 formula four speed.

I spent the past two years stripping the car down to the unibody. Every nut and bolt. I put it on a rotisserie and replaced all floors pans and trunk pan. I welded in some misc body patches also, no rust left. Tail panel was replaced. I roughed in the body with as minimal filler as possible. I sprayed the whole car in two part epoxy primer. The underside was sprayed in rhino liner and the interior is sprayed with heat/sound insulation as well as the doors and trunk. The whole car was primed in with primer/filler and blocked twice. The only thing left is for a professional painter to coat it in primer sealer, one more block sand and paint.

The rear end was rebuilt with a 3.73 factory gear and a Yukon posi. It was powder coated. The suspension is entirely protouring from Classic Performance parts. The car will sit 1" lower than stock. It has custom sway bars, power discs all around, custom booster, new steering box with short ratio, all new steering suspension etc. The discs are bled and work nicely. This was a $4000 kit. The fuel tank is new with an in tank fuel pump. The fuel line is plumbed with nylon quick connects.

The engine and trans are a 2004 GTO with 59k miles. That's an LS1/T56 six speed combo with 350hp stocks. Its one of the most sought after combos. I replaced the shifter with a pro 5.0 unit and installed the hydraulic clutch kit needed to hook it up. I purchased the Holley/Hooker swap kit with long tube headers. Engine, transmission, and header are installed as well as custom accessory drive from Kwik performance.

The remainder for the car will be installing a driveshaft, wiring the body, completing the interior, and paint/final trim. I'm going to keep working on it, but my wife is due with my second child in May. I know I won't have any time to work on it and my wife is going to need the garage back so she doesn't have to cart two kids inside during the summer storms.

I am not interested in trades. I won't part it out either. If someone wants the car without the engine or trans I will deduct $5000. The engine and trans will be easy to sell separately for me but I won't sell them before the car is gone as I intend to finish the car if it doesn't sell.
Attached Thumbnails 71 Firebird Restomod Project-00000_k1tifoggdw9_600x450.jpg   71 Firebird Restomod Project-00h0h_hqk296nnknp_600x450.jpg   71 Firebird Restomod Project-00j0j_ahzohqgsau_600x450.jpg   71 Firebird Restomod Project-00n0n_fofgu3bnhss_600x450.jpg   71 Firebird Restomod Project-00u0u_jpdp3xvxtxx_600x450.jpg  

71 Firebird Restomod Project-00x0x_32y6ktwrlph_600x450.jpg   71 Firebird Restomod Project-00707_3mnryblmpwr_600x450.jpg   71 Firebird Restomod Project-00909_fjyvhz8q5gs_600x450.jpg  

Last edited by blswan; 05-15-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump!

Quick Reply: 71 Firebird Restomod Project