Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Pontiac Firehawk Trans Am t-tops m6 78,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Pontiac Firehawk Trans Am t-tops m6 78,000 miles

Year: 2001
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $9000
Mileage: 77873
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): GA
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual

Year: 2001
Make: Pontiac
Model: trans am (firehawk)
Price: $9,000
Mileage: 77,873
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): Holly Springs, GA
Color: dark blue

1 of about 500 firehawks made in 2001 and this is #462! I have traced it back to 1 of 38 made with being in dark navy blue metallic, t tops, and 6 speed. I bought it in April of 2014 with 68,000 miles. I've put on about 10,000 miles in the last 3 years. Tires have about 10,000 miles on them as well with a lot of tread left. It was originally sold in Virginia and was around 35k new. I bought it in Maryland and am the 4th owner and lived there up until summer of 2016 when I moved to Georgia but it's still tagged in Maryland. It is basically stock other than a skip shift eliminator and a k&n filter. The firehawk mats were later replaced with standard trans am mats.The engine is strong and I have used mobile 1 full synthetic every 4-5k. The clutch is still strong. The interiors in good shape other than a small tear on the driver and passenger seats while the back seats are perfect. T-tops dont leak!

The bad: check engine is on due to bad catalytic converter and something to do with the traction control. It pops out of 3rd gear sometimes warn or cold and has done this ever since I bought the car but it doesn't happen that often and hasn't gotten worse. Recently when driving in 4th gear after several miles it may get stuck in 4th when it is warmed up. A shop told me it could be a worn synchro and possibly bad shifter bushings It still runs and drives but I don't drive it much with the issues it has. The transmission will most likely need to be rebuilt. The body needs some work as the bumper has clear coat peeling off of it, it has a tiny bit of rust in the rear quarter with a coupe small dents, hood has some fade to it and has some cracks and chips in it. I have 2 sets of keys, slp car cover with locks that specifically fits it, sun shade that specifically fits the car. I hate to see it go but I want it to go to a good home. This car really turns heads and I've gotten compliments as its not everyday you see one. If you have any questions, need info, additional pictures please call. No joyrides, serious buyers only. I will only do cash and/or certified cashiers check but will want to meet at your bank to do that whole process if using certified cashiers check. $9,000 obo

Old 02-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for a fellow NBM Hawk owner.

Good luck with the sale!

Quick Reply: 2001 Pontiac Firehawk Trans Am t-tops m6 78,000 miles