Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $3000
Mileage: 14581
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Good donor car or rebuilding project. Major front end damage- My father bought this car in 2010 from the original owner.

We bought it as a weekend car and had Vengeance Racing install: C5 Bear brake package, Hawk HPS brake pads, stainless steel brake lines, strut tower brace, sub-frame connector kit, SLP lid, skip-shift eliminator, smooth tube bellows, UMI suspension kits front and back, UMI adjustable panhard bar, driveshaft safety loop, Eibach lowering springs, Bilstein shocks front and rear, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, 35% window tint including T-tops, Kumho ECSTA XS tires.

The wreck happened at Barber Motorsports Park (5-26-12) and was due to overheated brake fluid (learning experience on the qualities of different DOT4 fluid). I ran the car into the guardrail after the straight into turn 8. This was the first time the car had been on a track.

We had track day insurance and I bought the car back with the intentions to rebuild it. It's been 6 years and I haven't done anything except take the broken plastic parts off. I'm moving soon and have finally decided to part with it. I've had the car covered in a garage since shipping it out to Texas. I would start it and run it on jack stands every few weeks until the battery finally died beyond return about a year ago. The car was fueled with Sunoco ethanol-free race fuel the last fill up and has fuel stabilizer in it as well. I assume the fuel system is still in good shape.

I have the title in hand although it is marked as salvage. The insurance adjuster valued the damage much higher to get it totaled. No airbags were deployed. The car was rotating on impact; the front crush zones crumpled and the rear driver side quarter panel was kissed by the guardrail. The T-tops still fit fine and the doors close like normal so the structure appears to be in good shape.

The engine is a stock LS1 and a stock T-56 manual. It has never been driven in the rain and was perfect until the wreck. The interior still has a new car smell.

I move at the end of the month so I need it gone before then. I have a standing offer of $2,500 but listing it here to see if I can get more. The car is in Lewisville, TX. Buyer would need to pick it up with a trailer.

Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks, Ed
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-photo-may-29-3-52-10-pm.jpg   2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-photo-may-29-3-52-09-pm.jpg   2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-photo-may-26-12-47-40-pm.jpg   2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-photo-jun-24-2-05-23-pm.jpg   2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-photo-may-23-1-51-07-pm.jpg  

2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-photo-may-26-4-09-11-pm.jpg   2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-photo-may-29-3-52-06-pm.jpg   2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-photo-may-26-12-45-28-pm.jpg   2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-photo-jan-28-3-13-47-pm.jpg   2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-camaro-window-sticker.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
robertmckinney1946 (03-29-2024)
Old 03-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Youtube video of it starting & running after the wreck. Battery is now dead but I assume it will still start.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Hey guys the highest offer I’ve gotten so far is $4,500. A couple of guys came by and measured the underside and said the frame is off less than 1/4” right where the impact happened at the very front and everything else seems to be square. I will be cutting this car loose soon unless there are other offers.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 03-16-2018, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, if I was closer I would have been at your door with your asking price and a trailer the day you posted this.

$4,500 seems fair to all parties. $3,000 seemed low
Old 03-16-2018, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Well he’s actually offering $4,000 if he comes to pick it up; $4,500 if I can deliver to OKC which I can’t. Does this seem fair?
Old 03-18-2018, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Default Sold!

I sold the car today. The buyer came by yesterday and hooked up a battery and the Camaro fired up immediately. I’m sad to see it go but at least it will stay a Camaro and will be used as a road course car. Thank you all for input and offers.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Camaro SS - Wrecked-eb32f640-9024-4982-8e03-1d72ec335ae3.jpeg  
Attached Files