Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

DO NOT BUY 98 TA IN Lodi/Harrison NJ

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DO NOT BUY 98 TA IN Lodi/Harrison NJ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I went to check the car out and the guy is a complete scam. The car was hit in the front, both fenders, hood and bumper replaced. Rear Driver side 1/4 was repainted also, couldnt tell if there was any bondo work done. Terrible Paint. The interior is in by far, the worst shape of any f-body i have seen other than in a junk yard. The rims are pitted, tires are near end of life. The upper rad hose was put on wrong, clamp halfway on the hose, and hose shoved all the way up to the block, not even clamped at the right spot. The car will not reach operating temperature. it stayed at about 140 the whole time idle, dropping low when driven and air was moving through rad. As far as i could tell, the thermostat housing/seal and water pump were original. Ran like the Tstat was stuck open. Also, he claimed the alternator was replaced, and as far as i could tell it was original due to the oxidation matching everything else on the car. The headlights do not work fine, the pass side has a broken "stop" switch, so when they go up and down, the motor doesnt stop spinning down at all. Both sideskirts are near falling off, the rear bumper was hit so hard it ripped the upper PS mount off the 1/4. Lots of scratches and scrapes on car. And either the suspension was crap or the exhaust was getting ready to fall off.

Even with all that we made him an offer he refused. Sensing a little scam goin on, i offered full asking price, and was refused. He said he was considering other offers. Who the hell offers more than asking price on a car? and refusing asking price in cash on the spot? Dont waste your time. Shortly after i went to see this, his cell number which was listed originally was disconnected, and now this guy is no where to be found.

On a side note, the engine ran well. Clean car fax. Stock exhaust, no mods done, and it was filthy from sitting a year. No Codes, but im assuming it hasnt run long enough for them to pop.

If anyone sees this guy selling it elsewhere please let me know so i can talk to interested parties, this jackass wasted 3 hours of my time today between driving and inspecting.

Last edited by oberth1; 06-16-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Teching In

That car definately has a formula front bumper, I wonder if its even a real TA
Old 06-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Launching!

oh i forgot to mention, the seats are outa a 93-97 firebird. Wrong headrests and bottom cushion style.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What up dude! Adding another f-body to the driveway?
Old 06-17-2009, 03:44 AM
Launching!

actually looking for a cheap buy for the gf! was local, right price and a nice project she could help with (seeing how it was for her)

Last edited by oberth1; 06-17-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Launching!

He has relisted car on ebay now not a classified, but as an auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWDVW

please do not buy car unless you inspect and drive it.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Launching!

guys please help me spread the word before someone else gets burned bad. i already posted it on ls1.com. If you know somewhere else, please help me out . I can email anyone the carfax for this if they want it.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Staging Lane

what a piece. i feel sorry for the high bidder on ebay who won it if they have no idea whats coming.

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY 98 TA IN Lodi/Harrison NJ