Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

2001 TA WS-6 6-Speed w/ 57k

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009 | 12:18 AM

Default 2001 TA WS-6 6-Speed w/ 57k

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS-6. 57,000 miles, 6-Speed Manual, Arctic White over Ebony leather. Extremely clean and well-maintained. This WS-6 is completely stock, has newer Hankook Ventus tires (Z-rated), and is always garaged. Now for some specifics:

Interior – Leather is in excellent condition. As is the case for most F-bodies, the rear seats show no wear. Both front seats are in exceptional condition, with only the slightest wear on the drivers side bolster. There is no cracking, splitting, or rips on the leather upholstery, only a slightly worn look on the drivers seat bolster. The carpets show almost no wear at all, including the floor mats, which are original. The T-Tops are in very nice shape, with no visible defects from outside of the car. From inside the car, there is very slight bubbling of the laminate on the driver’s side T-Top. Both door panels are in great shape overall, but there is a 1 inch long crack on the top edge of the driver’s door panel (unfortunately I couldn’t get to it in time to pull those giant metal staples that cause the cracking). The factory Monsoon sound system works flawlessly (including the steering wheel mounted audio controls), and does not have any blown speakers (another common problem with these cars).

Exterior – For starters, this car has no existing paintwork or body damage. The only panel that has been repaired is the front bumper. There is an accident that shows up on CarFax, but I have had this vehicle inspected by numerous professional appraisers, and the only evidence of any prior repair is the front bumper. I, of course, was skeptical when I purchased the car, but when folks who appraise cars for a living told me that only a bumper had been repaired, I felt very comfortable purchasing this car. There is a very small scrape on the very middle of the front bumper below the license plate mount that is about 1 inch in length. The Trans Am logo on the center panel between the tail lights has faded somewhat. A few of the wheels show some moderate curb rash on the outer edges, which can be repaired, but is to be expected of a car with 57k miles. The tires are in great shape and are showing no signs of abnormal wear.

Mechanical – Being 100% stock, I felt great about purchasing this car. I wanted to buy something that had been enjoyed, but not abused, and that’s exactly what I’m offering for sale. The engine runs very well (just completed a full synthetic oil change the first week of June). The transmission shifts flawlessly and still has the CAGS system functioning properly. The factory exhaust, while somewhat quiet, is in great shape, with no visible deterioration to any of the components. The rear differential (with original WS-6 specific rear end) makes no abnormal noises and exhibits no signs of abuse.

Title/History – Clean and clear. Actual mileage, no title brands. I have it in-hand, so the first serious buyer will have it signed over to them at the time of sale (no waiting on the bank). The was first sold in Arizona, sold to another individual in Arizona, was then purchased by an individual in Fayetteville, NC, and was then sold to me. As I mentioned, there is an account of one accident on the vehicle’s CarFax report, but as I mentioned, the repairs were limited to the front bumper. I would encourage any potential buyer to have this car inspected by a reputable body shop before purchasing if they are concerned about the car’s history. As I said, after having this vehicle inspected for myself, I felt very comfortable with what I was hoping would be a long-term investment in this beautiful car.

I have tried to be as specific as possible with the description of my car, but I you feel that I have left anything out, please let me know. You can reach me at (704) 604-4688 or just reply to this post.

Here's a link to my craigslist ad w/ photos: http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1221786008.html