Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

FS: 1997 Arctic White C5 Z51 66k miles - $14,000

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FS: 1997 Arctic White C5 Z51 66k miles - $14,000

1997 Z51 Coupe, MN6, Arctic White, 66,000 miles

Targa top, 12 CD changer, climate control, sport seats

Clean title in hand

I purchased this car in Sept ’08 as a project car. At the time it had an engine knock, no 6th gear and other minor issues. After a lot of deliberation I decided not to build it up, but rather return it to tip top stock running condition.

After removing & tearing down the engine, I found that the #6 cylinder spun a rod bearing. I replaced the engine with a 2002 LS1 longblock with 8,000 miles on it. During that time several other small stock parts were replaced if necessary (I have receipts for all of it). Tick Performance rebuilt the transmission, and it runs and shifts great now.

The car isn’t perfect but I think it is in great shape for being 12 years old. The interior has no major rips, tears or blemishes, but it does show wear in typical places. The seats have bolster wear, the radio bezel has a few scratches on it, the center console’s leather arm rest has a slit in it.

The paint is good on the exterior. There is a subtle red pin stripe and the car has front canards (was like that when I bought it). Has scratches in the normal locations (i.e. under front bumper).

The carpet is in good shape, everything inside of it works. Cold A/C. Column lock bypass is installed. New key fob (other one didn’t work).

The car runs great. It is unmolested and adult owned. I’ve never raced or dyno’d it. Feels nice and tight, other than having typical targa top creak.

Only modifications are an MTI shifter (the stock one was too worn out) and Y2K wheels (stock ones were pitted). I also removed skip shift, because let’s be honest, who actually likes that?

I didn’t really want to sell the car, but since my horse won’t get in the back of my Trailblazer SS, I decided to sell the corvette to purchase a horse trailer.

The price is $14,000 and I am not negotiable so please don’t ask. I am not looking for anything in trade.

Car is located in Mooresville, NC.

You can check out my website at www.keliente.com to see more about the car, and see the engine swap under the How To section.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

bump.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

to the top

Quick Reply: FS: 1997 Arctic White C5 Z51 66k miles - $14,000