Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

2002 A4 Hardtop Z28 stripper car... $8500

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2002 A4 Hardtop Z28 stripper car... $8500

The car has 100,600 miles on it. I bought it back in april of this year, but I believe I was a bit pre-mature in buying another car to have fun with. Unfortunately I overestimated or funds and I just don't have the funds to really do anything to the car and other payments and bills really need to come first.
I have only put about 600 miles on it since I bought it, it just sits in the shop.
When I bought it, it was absolutely stock, down to the paper air filter.
I have done a few things, but still have all the stock parts that would go with the car. The car is really amazingly clean....no dents or dings except for the front bumper which is spider cracked from previous owner perhaps going through a dip to fast. I made a fiberglass pin-on hood for the car (weighs 16lbs) and planned on just getting the hood finished and painted and painting the front bumper at the same time. You cannot even see the spider cracking of the paint in the pics.
The interior is perfect and I do mean perfect, no rips/tears, worn spots, cracks, etc. It looks brand new.
The car runs awesome, shifts great and everything works perfectly, A/C and all. It does have a small leak, which appears to be from the oil pan as there is residue around the pan gasket....tightening the bolts might be all it needs but i haven't done that yet.
It also does have a vibration around 45mph and smoothes out the faster you go...vibration is not noticable under WOT. It started after I put on the Drag wheels/tires and seems to lessen when I drop the air pressure in the fronts from 60psi to 40psi.

Performance stuff:
Predator handheld tuner
Self ported TB
SLP air lid w/ K&N
FTRA w/ sheetmetal extended
B&M trans cooler
160* stat
3" McCord Electric cutout (in I-pipe right before axle)
PCV & exhaust AIR delete
coolant TB bypass
SLP fan switch
Gutted cats (tuned codes out)
UMI LCA's
UMI SFC's
Summit stars 15x4 and 15x8
MT 26/7.5-15 8ply fronts and MT 275/60-15 rears
Trans Am style shifter ****

Still having the stock muffler makes this car very quiet when the cutout is closed, then open it up and get your noise.
Car ran a 13.63 at 102.75 @ 6,000' DA...haven't run again since gutting the cats (probably wouldn't make much difference though)
Price is firm. If the car sells for this price then it's worth it to me to let it go and if it doesn't it will just continue to sit in the shop as it is only driven every once in a while.
If you have any questions, just ask.
Thanks, James

Pics are with the hood in white primer.

This is the only interior pic I have right now, can get some more if needed.

Last edited by Dr. Jeckel; 07-15-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT...if you would like pics of anything particular or have any questions just let me know.

Thanks, James
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 PM
10 second playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Car.

So you still have the stock hood?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, still have stock everything for the car (except stock wheels)....could put the stock hood back on if buyer wanted me too. I realize the pin-on cowl hood probably isn't everyone's "cup of tea".
Old 07-18-2009, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In light of recent events, car is no longer for sale.

Thank you, James