Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

98 Camaro Z28 Salvaged (Good Motor, Great Tranny)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Camaro Z28 Salvaged (Good Motor, Great Tranny)

I have a 98 Z28 Camaro that was recently flipped. The car has a 460le automatic transmission. The transmission was purchased in March less than 6 thousand miles ago. The tranny was bought brand new from a GM dealership and was installed by the dealership. I have all the paperwork on this as well. The motor starts right up and idles the way its supposed to. The motor has 114K on it, but I had religiously changed the oil every 3K miles. I have owned this car for 5 years and 50,000 Miles. I never had one problem with the motor and the transmission was the only major issue I had with the rest of the car. The car has the interior stripped completely out of it, but all the wiring is still in the car. The car also has a Autostart 650 car alarm which I purchased in April of 06. The alarm retailed at 400 and I have both remotes still. The ZR1 wheels will be taken off of the car and the stock ones will be put back on it.I will also take the headlights you see pictured as well can give the stock ones with the car if wanted. The hooker headers and Y pipe will also be taken off, but I will give the buyer the factory hearders and Y with cats. The factory wheels have good tires on them, but I do not have the center caps. I want to sell the car so I myself do not have to pull the motor and transmission as I will be going to back to school soon. I'm asking 2,500 for the whole car I also have tons of recipts if you would like to see those as well. I'm located in Avoca, Iowa. I have the title as well, car has a salvaged title. Buyer has to pick up car.
Attached Thumbnails 98 Camaro Z28 Salvaged (Good Motor, Great Tranny)-camaro-028.jpg   98 Camaro Z28 Salvaged (Good Motor, Great Tranny)-camaro-017.jpg   98 Camaro Z28 Salvaged (Good Motor, Great Tranny)-camaro-032.jpg  
Old 08-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Teching In

To the top
Old 08-19-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

are both headlights show in the pics still ok? if so did they get water in them befor the wreck? how much would you sell them for? i could send mine to you if you really want lights with the car.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Let me clean them up and take a look at them. I will get back to you tommorow on that. I dont really need or care to have lights sold with the car. If there is anything else you would like let me know. I'm keeping the leather seats and center console but everything else is up for sale.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

No offense, but I spent 3500 for a wrecked 33k mile 2000 SS with leather and the whole works; everything included. Didn't even pop the bags. That was 5 years ago and it had a six speed which are worth an easy grand.

A stripped down roller with nothing but a 114k motor and auto isn't going to fetch you much. You'd be better off pulling what little is left and selling them. Or selling parts like you seem to already have. You can get decent money for things you wouldn't believe: gas tank, cats, visors, ttops, headliner, etc. U might get a few hundred for the tranny and close to a grand for the motor. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Teching In

No I understand, but the Tranny is practically brand new.... Maybe 6K miles.. I have to go to the insurance company and get the paperwork, but its a brand new GM 460LE transmission.. The tranny has got to be worth around 1,250 and the motor id take a grand for, but the truth is that if it doesn't sell I'm gonna drop it in a 57 Chevy Apache pickup, and turn it into a beast. I just figured if someone wants a motor, tranny, and computer, all 4 stock tires that this wouldn't be a bad deal, cuz if they really wanted to, they could strip anything they wanted out from under that car minus the rear end and turn around and sell em. That car was my baby before I wrecked it. I also have the entire interior still I haven't sold anything off of the car yet, cuz I havent had time to post pictures. I'm really not all the worried about it cuz if I cant get it sold here, I'll get it sold somewhere else. It's all good.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Teching In

I will entertain offers as well

Quick Reply: 98 Camaro Z28 Salvaged (Good Motor, Great Tranny)