Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

01' SS Camaro, is this a good selling price...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to try and get 23k. It is a REALLY good deal.

Here is the way I see it...

23k selling price
18k blue book value
=buyer in the hole for 5k (IF purchasing the car stock)
add 18k mods (no bs adding in labor or polishing)
=13k savings from the blue book (figure it out if it were new 34k ).
=Great deal.

It makes me sad but I want to move on.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Honestly, I think you might find it hard to get 23k for your car. It is easy for people to sit here and say it is worth 26k-28k. But when it is time for the rubber to hit the road and someone to actually hand over a check, the said value will be extremely different. Also most banks will not loan more than the "loan" value on a car. So using 18k as an example a buyer will have to front 5k of his own money. That right there narrowed your customer base down considerably.

I am in the market for an F-body right now, and there is no way I would consider putting any money down on a used LS1.. Your car is F-ing sweet I would just keep it and enjoy your investment and not take the raping you will if you try to sell it.. Or part it out, you will get more of your $$$ back if you do that.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by distortion_69
If I had 22k to spend, the only way I'd give 22k for it was if it had a 12 bolt. Otherwise I'd be hesitant.. thats an automatic $2k I'd have to spend right off the bat.

Peace,
Josh
You have to remember that this seems to be more of a show car, not a race car...........IF you were gonna race it then a 12 bolt is a needed item, but as it sits, the car is gorgeous and not built for racing.......from what I have read/can tell. And at only $22k, a HUGE bargain even without a 12 bolt.

Just my humble $.02
Old 03-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jammin Joel
Honestly, I think you might find it hard to get 23k for your car. It is easy for people to sit here and say it is worth 26k-28k. But when it is time for the rubber to hit the road and someone to actually hand over a check, the said value will be extremely different. Also most banks will not loan more than the "loan" value on a car. So using 18k as an example a buyer will have to front 5k of his own money. That right there narrowed your customer base down considerably.

I am in the market for an F-body right now, and there is no way I would consider putting any money down on a used LS1.. Your car is F-ing sweet I would just keep it and enjoy your investment and not take the raping you will if you try to sell it.. Or part it out, you will get more of your $$$ back if you do that.
I agree with your points. But anyone in the market for a Camaro has to be planning to pay in the low 20k range for a mint low milage car, then their choice is mid teens for a average Camaro or they can still get some off the dealer lots almost new or new (some sill exist) for 34k.

If I were in anyway shape or form looking to spend 22-23k for a car in my catagory I would buy mine, not tooting my horn or being biased but show me a better deal. I am not trying to rip anyone off or make money on my car (can't & I know that).

Also, there is no issue for me to have to sell. I am looking to get out of the hobby, I am not sick of it but if it happens that I sell the car fine, if not fine.

Joel I am not angry at your comment. The name of the game is get the sellers price down, lol.

Rottluver
Thanks!
Old 03-29-2005, 12:27 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hondakiller
im a stingy bastard and even id say that car is worth more than 22k.
Werd. I have a very similar set up on my '02 and paid more than that (plus $700 for enclosed trailer from L.A.) I'm also a stingy bastard BTW.
Attached Thumbnails 01' SS Camaro, is this a good selling price...-pewter-monster-front.jpg   01' SS Camaro, is this a good selling price...-pewtermotor.jpg   01' SS Camaro, is this a good selling price...-pewterintercoolers.jpg  
Old 03-29-2005, 12:32 PM

VERY NICE CAR
Old 03-29-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
I agree with your points. But anyone in the market for a Camaro has to be planning to pay in the low 20k range for a mint low milage car, then their choice is mid teens for a average Camaro or they can still get some off the dealer lots almost new or new (some sill exist) for 34k.

If I were in anyway shape or form looking to spend 22-23k for a car in my catagory I would buy mine, not tooting my horn or being biased but show me a better deal. I am not trying to rip anyone off or make money on my car (can't & I know that).

Also, there is no issue for me to have to sell. I am looking to get out of the hobby, I am not sick of it but if it happens that I sell the car fine, if not fine.

Joel I am not angry at your comment. The name of the game is get the sellers price down, lol.

Thanks!
Good luck on the sale.. I hope I did not sound like ***, but I have been watching the for sale sections everday on the big 3 ls1 boards, and you see alot of post that are filled with "ttt" replies. Like I said I am in the market.. If you still have it in a few months I migt intrested if I could get a loan for it..

Last edited by Jammin Joel; 03-29-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jammin Joel
Good luck on the sale.. I hope I did not sound like ***, but I have been watching the for sale sections everday on the big 3 ls1 boards, and you see alot of post that are filled with "ttt" replies. Like I said I am in the market.. If you still have it in a few months I migt intrested if I could get a loan for it..
Joel I did not take anything wrong that you said. I understand your good points plus you being a buyer it puts a different spin on this.

The car has been completely judged top to bottom two years in a row. There were some tuff cars it was up against in the two big shows below. 02 Lingenfelter Vette, 1963 frame off Chevy 2 Flamed paint (was on the cover of some magazine), 1971 Mustang Mach one, 1956 Chevy Pro Touring car, on and on.

Plus I put a lot of time in the tuning, so if someone wanted to move towards the racing aspect it could be done.

Todd
Old 03-29-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
Joel I did not take anything wrong that you said. I understand your good points plus you being a buyer it puts a different spin on this.

The car has been completely judged top to bottom two years in a row. There were some tuff cars it was up against in the two big shows below. 02 Lingenfelter Vette, 1963 frame off Chevy 2 Flamed paint (was on the cover of some magazine), 1971 Mustang Mach one, 1956 Chevy Pro Touring car, on and on.

Plus I put a lot of time in the tuning, so if someone wanted to move towards the racing aspect it could be done.

Todd
Cool, I spent some time looking at the photos and you definately covered every detail on this car. Again good luck on your sale.

Quick Reply: 01' SS Camaro, is this a good selling price...