Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

82 280zx TURBO 5sp + 89 teg 5spd for sale in SE AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 82 280zx TURBO 5sp + 89 teg 5spd for sale in SE AZ

I have for sale 2 cars that i was planning on fixing up but since i lack a garage and, more importantly, the motivation i have decided to put these up for sale. I will sell both for $1650. The Datsun is a two toned brown color, the acura is white and some of the paint is faded(it is just screaming for stickers and a wing!!)

The Datsun runs good and surprisingly doesn't have the usual amount of rust found on these cars. IMO this car is a perfect shell for a restoration since the motor is strong (151,xxx) and there aren't any holes in the body due to rust. Everything is stock so the performance is probably close to that of when it was new(174 hp is the factory rating). I removed the interior as i was planning on cleaning it all out and then starting the restoration. Fortunately i have the full interior still minus the carpet (some of it needs replacing due to dry rotting). These old Z cars are a lot of fun to drive and would probably turn out really well if someone would spend some time with it. The car has P/B, P/S,4 wheel disc brakes, 5 Speed tranny (with a fairly new clutch), A/C (probably needs a recharge), Electric windows/mirrors/doorlocks, T-tops, 2+2, it has cruise control but it does not work(never looked into it), comes with an am/fm radio +tape deck (although it is not installed because i removed the interior). The windshield has a single crack up the middle that does not leak. The car has good oil pressure and does not have any overheating issues.

The Acura is a good beater and does need work(which i have most of the parts for). The engine is the B16 DOHC 1.6 litre motor(168,xxx) that put out like 112hp!!!!! The compression is somewhere around 9:1 and would be a good little turbo project. I had loosened all of the head bolts and was ready to do a head gasket change (white smoke was coming out of exhaust) but the weather was pretty cold and i hate working out in the open where dust/dirt can get into things easily. I never actually took the head off. I have a new fel pro gasket set (that apparently comes with everything). This would also be a good time to do a waterpump swap. This car has P/B, P/S, Aftermarket CD player (does not read discs, probably just needs a cleaning), wiring for a sub amp, tinted windows, electric moonroof, manual windows, alarm with keyless entry, manual door locks (except for driver door). 4 wheel disc brakes, new heater hoses, new belts, needs new tires(i may have a contact that wants to get rid of some new tires that came off of his 04' sunfire) This car would be good for a beater around town or someone's first car (more so someone that was worried about the mechanics of vehicles and not just driving it around).

I attached a pic of the datsun. I will be able to get some pics of the acura when i get back on base around april 5th(i can email pics to whomever wants them). I am open to offers, and possibly trades if it pertains to F-bodies (like a BMR k member or fuel system upgrades). I decided to sell mainly because i am putting a lot of money into my camaro and really would like to finish that project as soon as possible. Please post, pm, email, or call me with any questions. I live on Ft Huachuca in AZ BTW.

267-257-9574
Greg
Attached Thumbnails 82 280zx TURBO 5sp + 89 teg 5spd for sale in SE AZ-82datsun.jpg  

Last edited by disassembled; 04-01-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump

Greg
Old 04-01-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Make offer on both or either. I want to start funding for a G-force tranny.

Greg
Old 04-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Ginger Hater

how much you want just for the teg
Old 04-01-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

name your price and i will consider it. Of course if you decide to buy i will not continue work on the car. I would prefer not putting the car back together so you would have to arrange for a tow(car does not run currently). I just want this thing out of my sight. $350 with the new gasket set sounds reasonable to me. Also i might have brand new tires to throw in as well if you wanted. Let me know.

Greg

Last edited by disassembled; 04-01-2005 at 11:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 82 280zx TURBO 5sp + 89 teg 5spd for sale in SE AZ