Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

VERY nice (and rare) Iroc-Z convertible and 96Z28 t-top cars fs/ft

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VERY nice (and rare) Iroc-Z convertible and 96Z28 t-top cars fs/ft

This one is a gem. It was owned by a lady in mississippi who used it as a commuter. She never modded it at all. it's bone stock. The interior is gorgeous. Not even the typical wear on the seat bolster. Gray cloth interior, by the way. Delco/Bose CD player with complete system still in tact and rockin!
I had the car on the shop hoist the other day to check out the underside. I was in awe. it's all still factory exhaust, just like the day it left GM...but barely even has surface rust on it. The floors, rockers, bracing, etc. All looked like brand new. If I showed you the bottome of the car and told you it had 10k miles on it, you'd have no reason not to believe me!
Comes with chrome salad shooter wheels, or I might throw on my chrome z06 18" wheels with Toyo Proxes T1s tires (295/35-18) on there for the right deal.
The only bad things I can find are:
A) The paint is chipped and slightly dull on the front nose. I put on a LeBra front end cover and it looks great!
B) The intake has a small oil leak at the back (as is typical for lt1 engines).
C) There's a small dent in each rocker where someone tried to jack it up in the wrong spot.

Yep, that's it! It really is a very nice car, drives like a charm, air is ice cold. Comes with factory shop manuals too! I added tail light blackouts, and I have new headlight blackouts still in the box. They look great on this white car!

The t-tops do not leak at all, and they even come with the hard-to-find inside covers to keep the sun from baking on your head if you're bald like me

I'm looking to get $5k out of this, or will consider trade offers. Might combine with my extremely rare Iroc-Z convertible (see my other ad here for details) to trade up for something really nice.

************************************************** **************************************************

1987 Camaro convertible Iroc-Z. ASC/20th anniversary commemorative edition. 305 TPI with a 5 speed. 91,000 original carfax verified miles.
G92 rear axle (includes disc brakes, 3.45 gears, limited slip). Spec clutch, SLP PROM, SLP runners, SLP "two on the left" cat back exhaust. Edelbrock missions legal headers. All emissions are in tact and as far as I know functional.
This is not a gutted car, but a very nice piece needing very little. It's a daily driver as it sits.
Interior is near mint. Dash is perfect, as is the carpet. Seats would be perfect except one of the seams in the leather has come unraveled. just needs to be resewn is all.
Brand new CD/MP3 player and kenwood speakers all around.
Brand new battery and alternator.
New "Ripper" shifter.
A/C has been fully converted to R-134a and blows nice and cold.

Also included are the original prom, all the manuals including the ASC convertible supplement, a new washer fluid tank (nothing wrong with the old one, it's just this new one is "whiter" and would look a smidge better.)

Overal condition is very nice. The GSC tires are VERY good shape. Rims could use a little detailing but are decent. The body is nearly rust free, except right over the rear fender openings. The paint is starting to bubble there. Would be good to catch that soon and take care of it, and the car will last a long time. The top has a couple snags, but doesn't leak.

This is a real eye catcher and a sheer joy to drive. And it sounds incredible. Not obnoxious at all. idles very quiet in fact. but a tap of the throttle and you know it's time for business

The car has been stored for the last year or more. It has only been back on the road for the last week or so. It could use a wax job, but still looks great with just a car wash.

I'd entertain offers of cash or even a trade of decent value. I'm located in southern michigan.

As you may or may not be aware, this is a very rare car. Willie (the moderator at thirdgen.org and widely accepted 3rd gen historian) estimates 500 or less made. There were only 744 verts made in 1987.. that includes the LT, the Z28, and the Iroc-Z. Of the three, the Iroc-Z convertible was the most heavily optioned and highest priced of all the camaros.

Things I am looking for:
4wd 4-wheeler. Something like a polaris or similar with no trans to shift. this is for my wife.
Tractor with a brush cutter or belly mower, preferably with a snow blade and rake too.
I need a nice drivetrain for my 99 Z28. Something with some *****! I had planned on building a 422 turbo stroker motor but haven't had time. So if I could find a good 10 or 11 sec motor, with trans and rear preferably, I'd consider trading one or both cars for it.
Plasma cutter
Someone to build a 24x32 barn for me in Athens, MI.
Other than that, I'm a car/truck/motorcycle guy. What ya got?
Old 08-08-2005, 01:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt.

Timberwolf, haven't heard anything from you on camaroz28.. shoot me a pm.

Thanks,
Josh