Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

510rwhp NA pump gas 393cid Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezss
That is a beautiful bike, and if I was in the market for a bike I would be all over it. Unfortunately I know that I would kill myself on a bike.

I think im gonna get the car fixed. Ive been driving it around and if I dont stay in the upper rpm band too long it seems ok. Nice solid chirp on the 3-4 shift the other night, the car doesnt seem to have lost any power. Im hoping its something minor I can fix.
Well let me know if you change your mind. In the meantime I wish you the best for the car.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

update:
The car is at rapid motorsports, the ARE block is shot, damage report from Mikey:
"Your block is cracked underneath #2 main bearing saddle. All of the mains were real hot. Your crank is cracked. Your pistons are scuffed from too much piston to wall clearance. Craigs educated guess is that the bearing clearances were wrong and overheated the engine but its just a guess. If you want to talk to the guy that took it apart let me know. He also said there is "something weird" underneated that #2 bearing. Almost like they added some material."

When the motor was taken apart further, we found someone's name scribed on the crank -- basically ARE used a used crank that probably spun someone else's bearings, tried to fix it by offset grinding it, and I ended up with a piece of crap.

So im debating putting in another block, but if someone wants the car with everything else, I am motivated to sell, make me an offer. Im not going to give it away, the car still has everthing else -- killer heads that cost $3k alone and flow 330cfm at 600 lift, top notch top end, 12 bolt, cage, fast 90mm, headers, built tranny, new clutch, denny's hd driveshaft, with a body in good shape and 40k miles. I am thinking maybe $14.5k for everything, $14k without bogarts. I need to decide soon, so let me know if you are interested.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

damn, that sucks. i wish the best of luck

I would buy it, but i dont have that kind of money for a new motor, and buy that car.

Charlie
Old 11-23-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm, this may be what I need, let me talk to Allan. My car was stolen last week, but I had a 408 being built at FMS, and now I'm without my FAST intake and heads. Let me see what he says about it.