Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

1999 FRC Corvette - Price Reduced! Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who's fault is that? Don't pass your misfortune on to others, and then deny what happened. There's a lot of stuff you've posted already that catches you in lies. You just said you don't know anything except what the previous owner told you, which was basically nothing; now you are saying that you know everything on the carfax (which you haven't told us) due to someone else catching you in your little plot. You got screwed so just accept it and be honest and take the loss. Honesty takes people a lot further than anything else.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone have a carfax on this car they can post???
Old 07-13-2006, 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JetVette
It is not a salvage title if thats what u mean. When you ran the carfax, thats when I found out about the history of the car. I have never previously ran a carfax on the car. I bought from a "reliable source" and obviously I was in the same boat that you thought you were in. If anyone here should be pissed it should be me as Im taking a huge hit on this car. I bought it for 23k. I understand that everyone loses money on a car but 6-7k in the time Ive owned it is rediculous, especially after dumping 6k into the driveline. If I knew all the history on the car when I bought it, do you think I would have paid that money for it? I dont think so.
I wouldn't call you a liar, but it does seem like you aren't telling the entire story about this car. Not telling all the facts could even be worse than lying sometimes.

You say the HUD was replaced before you owned it. Possibly screwing up the odometer readings. How many miles did YOU put on the car since you have owned it, here is your chance to be honest. Most of us will already disregard what the odometer currently says since its screwed up. I've been told that the Carfax showed 40K miles around 4 yrs ago...

If you want to sell the car, be 100% honest about everything. If it is a good deal, it will sell. Just because you are losing 6K doesn't mean the car isn't a piece of crap that you might have paid way too much for.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

I dont get where people think Im getting "caught" lying. The only time I said nothing was when I first posted my car for sale a while back. At the time I did know nothing about the history of the car. The way I found out was when a buyer pulled a carfax on the car then told me. I never pulled a carfax myself when I originally bought the car which was my mistake. I have since then disclosed everything about the odometer situation and the accident, so I dont see where people are getting that Im hiding anything. Put yourself in my shoes. I bought the car from a "reputable" source, drove it for a year and a half, then decided to sell it. Carfax is pulled by a buyer and that is when I found out about the history. Think about it, why would I give out the VIN# if I didnt want someone to pull a carfax.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Teching In

earlier you said that the previous owner told you these things; now you're saying you just recently found out from someone else. which is it?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ill throw an offer of 10k for it. It has been hit, the mileage is wrong, and the car "HAS" to go. Anyone who pays even what you are asking is going to take a loss on the car when they try to sell it if they ever can.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Please post full size pics of the damaged areas as well as the mileage you have put on the car since you have owned it. Did you put the RPM trans in the car or the previous owner.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

This thread really turned to crap. now its lookin like e-bay!

I'll offer 11k for the mysterious vette.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

When I bought the car the odometer read around 23k. It just coming up on 50k. The trans was installed while the car was in my ownership about 8-10k miles ago. Ill see if I can get more pics up. Car might be sold.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I wouldn't call you a liar, but it does seem like you aren't telling the entire story about this car. Not telling all the facts could even be worse than lying sometimes.

You say the HUD was replaced before you owned it. Possibly screwing up the odometer readings. How many miles did YOU put on the car since you have owned it, here is your chance to be honest. Most of us will already disregard what the odometer currently says since its screwed up. I've been told that the Carfax showed 40K miles around 4 yrs ago...

If you want to sell the car, be 100% honest about everything. If it is a good deal, it will sell. Just because you are losing 6K doesn't mean the car isn't a piece of crap that you might have paid way too much for.
Werd

I'll jump in real quick as I noticed your car for sale for some time.

Bro, you are selling something and no matter what the loss you are taking or the emotions you have, you need to get all the facts or you are just hoping to make a sale and people are probably not going to spend ~ $20K without doing their research and asking you some questions.

You should have ran the Carfax for potential buyers and done more research about your car before offering it up for sale. You would have come across the discrepancies and could have made mention to everthing from the get-go and sold it.

Also IMO shotty typing, misspelled words and disorganized posts screams a little disreputable to me... Take the time to check out what you write and type in an organized and understanding fashion - just like you/we all would conduct ourselves at our jobs or posting an Ad in Autotrader or the like.

My .02 Cents
Old 07-13-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Copied from the original post in this thread, and swapping out the full sized images for the little thumbs of the damage pics

Old 07-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks
Old 07-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Banned

Dont forget this one.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:51 AM
SPAM HUNTER

I have to say...not to be rude...but alot of the nitrous/ nitrous questions you post make me wonder if nitrous is now considered a bolt...8K offer!!!(maybe)
(my buddy thought of buying this car...we just did some research for him )

Dustin
Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackZCamaro
Dont forget this one.

The name of that file
Old 07-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Teching In

lmao!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Restricted User

Thats so similar to a 2002 Z06, also located in AZ, at a dealership though, that is overpriced, beat to **** and has a filthy carfax report. Must be something about black vettes in AZ or something.

Will you disclose what exactly the carfax report has on the car in question? I actually might be interested, but I'd like to know all the details. You can pm if you like.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

Did I say its never been raced?