Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

81 Trans Am for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 81 Trans Am for sale

I am trying to find out if anyone knows any good websites that I can list my trans am on. I tried ebay and got a bunch of calls but limited offers. Car is in great shape for age and only needs minor things done. I have only had car for a couple of years and just do not have the time to enjoy her and just hate to see her sitting in my garage.

Last edited by mqjenkins; 01-16-2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: misspelled words
Old 01-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Teching In

What are you asking for it? I'm interested. . . Just need to know if it's in my price range ind if it runs/drives.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Biggest and the best Pontiac board on the net is Performance Years.
I'd like to know more about the car.

http://forums.performanceyears.com/forums/
Old 01-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Or you might try www.transamcountry.com/forum. It is going through a down time right now but will be back up soon.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Here is the info on the car. Its does run and runs great. Has teh 301 V8 engine. Body and interior are in great shape. Body only has a few blemishes but no rust and still has the shine. It is She is black with gold decals and gold interior. T-tops work great but have a few cracks in the plastic framing. Looks like someone did not store them to well when not in use. Interior is in perfect condition. Seats barely looked used and there are no stains or splits/rips. I put on new rear springs and new rear shocks last year. Under body is in great shape with no rust. Car has been garaged kept since I had it and the person before me. Has not seen water since I have had her. I use a water system for cleaning. The only problems on the car are: has a small oil leak around one of the valve covers(I have the chrome covers for the engine that will come along with the car). The a/c works but needs new compressor. Other than that the car is in great shape. It can be used as a daily driver or weekend warrior. I was going to change out all belts and hoses this year and have compressor put in but just did not have the time. Tires only have like 2 to 3 thousand miles on them. Miles say 64000 and beleived to be accurate. I am the third owner for the vehicle and the last owner was a friend of a friend so I trusted things that he had told me about the car. He gave me the original window sticker but my wife misplaced it and I have been going through my files to find it. NADA price on vehicle is like 12,500 so i was looking to get like 9500 which give someone plenty of equity to get the items fixed plus some. Not to mentio that is close to what I paid for the vehicle when I bought it. If anyone wants pictures just let me know and leave email address. I can email them over.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Teching In

I think 9500 for a stock non-mint condition TA is a bit much!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Here is the nada page on the prices.Tuesday, January 16, 2007print this page
email a friend

Original MSRP: $8,670 Low Retail Average Retail High Retail
Base Price
$5,750 $10,250 $16,700
Options

301 V8 Engine 10% 10% 10%
Air Conditioning 10% 10% 10%
TOTAL PRICE $6,900 $12,300* $20,040

(*) Average retail price represents a clean vehicle in good condition with a Clean Title History

Mine would be listed in the average condition which shows a price of 12300.

Cannot go by Kelley Blue Book to get a fair estimate if car is beyond 1982