Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

2005 Chevrolet Silverado Vortec High Output FS/FT

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevrolet Silverado Vortec High Output FS/FT

I am looking at selling my Silverado to get back in to an F-Body. It is a 2005 model Vortec High Output with right at 31,000 miles on the clock. It is Summit White with 20inch VHO wheels and 275/55/20 Goodyear Eagle LS tires on it. The rear tires have about 70% tread life left and the fronts will need to be replaced soon. I havent had the time to order some new tires yet or this would have already been done. Here is a list of specs on the truck.

Drivetrain
6.0 LQ9 High Output
4l65e 4 speed Automatic Transmission
3.73 Rear End with the G80 Locker package

[b]Interior[b]
Charcoal Interior with Cloth Buckets and Power Drivers Seat
Front and Rear rubber floormats
Center Console
Driver Information Center
Power Windows and Locks with Keyless Entry
Front windows tinted to match rear
Kenwood XXV-01D 25th Anniversary Excelon Head Unit
Speaker Box with 2 12inch Rockford Fosgate Power HE's and 800 watt Sony Amp under the back seat
Steering wheel controls for head unit dont work because I havent bought the adapter for them yet. (Easily ordered online for about $40 bucks)
Dual Zone Climate Control (A/C blows ICE cold)
Overhead Console with map lights
Auto dim mirror with compass and temp

Performance Modifications
K&N Series 77 Cold Air Intake (Still have the factory intake and the box for the K&N that will go with the truck.)
Smoke colored rainguards on the front
I have an AVS bugshield with the hardware that isnt on the truck but it will go with it
Billet Grille Overlay
Sylvania Silverstar Lowbeams
Drop In Bedliner with Tailgate cap
The previous owner had the exhaust cut where the factory Y pipe was and had mandrel bent true duals run all the way back into a dual in single out Xcelerator muffler. It had the factory looking tailpipe exiting behind the passenger rear wheel but I cut it just in front of the axle. It points down and has a nice low rumble to it and isnt to loud.
The front bowtie is rattle canned white to match the truck and it looked nice until I took it off to buff it and my friend knocked it off the workbench. Now it has a scratch on the upper left side and needs to be repainted. Again, I was planning on doing this but havent had time.

I had the truck warrantied for a few small issues. The first visit was the intermediate steering shaft which had the knock that all these trucks have. They replaced it and it hasnt had the popping sound since. The second visit was for the service airbag light coming on once in a while. They found a loose connector and replaced it and cleared the code and it hasnt been on since. I also had the rear end serviced due to it having light chattering while turning at low speeds. It didnt start doing this until it got cold outside and I had it warrantied within 3 days of it starting this. They determined that it just needed limited slip additive but they pulled the cover and replaced the gasket and all the fluids as well as adding the additive. I also had them give the truck a good inspection and they said that everything is in good working order. The truck is under full factory warranty until 2/28/08 or 36,000 miles.

I bought the truck with 19,000 miles and have regularly changed the oil at 2800 miles using Mobil1 10w30 and a Delco PF46 filter. The truck is in excellent condition and I would rate it a 9/10 with no problems. The interior looks new and has no stains or rips. The paint is in excellent condition and shines like new. The windshield has one small chip on the top where the tint strip is and it was repaired to prevent it from spreading. It has one small rock chip on the hood that you wouldnt notice until I pointed it out. There are no scratches or dings/dents and the only thing the truck needs is a good waxing. Its been pretty cold out and I havent had the time or felt like braving the weather to do it the past month or so. When the weather is nice outside I usually wash the truck and wax it once every 2 weeks. The wheels have no scuffs or road rash and look perfect. This truck is very clean and has no problems at all. I would keep the truck but I miss my WS6 and I am looking to get back into an F-Body. I am asking $20,000 or OBO. I have more than $1500 in modifications on/in the truck. I believe this truck with the modifications it has is well worth it. I dont think you will find a nicer truck with these miles. If you have any questions feel free to ask, Im sure I forgot a few things. I am also open to trades. I am really looking for a 01-02 WS6 or SS with under 60,000 miles but let me know what you've got. Here are some pics and thanks for looking. By the way in some of the pics you may see some odd looking spots on the truck. I know in one of them it is on the chrome bar on the grille. Those are just raindrops that look odd with the flash and lighting in the parking garage.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Back up top guys. Make me an offer.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

To the top. Nobody interested???
Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Back up top guys. Ive had a few PMs and some people interested.

Quick Reply: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado Vortec High Output FS/FT