Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

94 SS Clone, LS1 Swap Running E85 450RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 94 SS Clone, LS1 Swap Running E85 450RWHP

Price Lowered

Well I am trying to gauge any interest on my car. The car is great and very fun to drive, but I want a M6 again. I would imagine that a stalled car would be great for someone who goes to the track a lot but I unfortunately don’t. I prefer that feeling of shifting through the gears. I would just buy a M6 swap but I don’t have the money unfortunately.

Anyways onto a little bit of background. I bought a 01 Camaro SS that was hit in the rear end from a member on here and then bought a 1994 z28 roller from which was 99.9% rust free and began my seven month journey to what she is today.

This car would be perfect for the person that loves the styling of the LT1 with the power of the LS1. This car does run on both E85 and 93 Octane, BUT is not flex fuel. You have to change the tune using a program to switch back and forth which I do not have. It currently has the E85 tune because I have a E85 station a couple miles from my house and there are over 40 in Michigan. There is a power difference between the two as shown in the Dyno graphs. On E85 it makes 450 rwhp and 418 rwtq and on 93 octane it makes 428 rwhp and 403 rwtq. The buyer would be supplied with both tunes. It was dyno tuned by Ron at Pro Dyno Tech in Crawfordsville, IN.

Just to let eveyone know I'm not trying to get rid of it because of the E85, I love it and my next car is deffinitly going to be running on it!

I have no complaints on how she drives, even with the big stall it is a great daily driver and I do just that with her everyday. There are over 120K miles on the body and just under 62K miles on the drive train and interior, but there is less that 1K miles since the engine has been gone through and the car has been back on the road. The 01 speedometer is in the car so you can keep track of the actual mileage for the drive train.

The only part s that belong to the 94 is the actual shell, the front and rear bumpers, headlights, fenders, and the wheels. Everything else is either from the 01 or is aftermarket including the entire drivetrain, the entire suspension, the entire interior, the doors, the hatch, the spoiler, even all of the harness so you don’t have to worry about messing with a modified harness if something where to go wrong. The car had ABS and ASR(Traction Control)

I basically treat this car like it is a 2001 Camaro SS unless body work is needed.

Well onto the mods and specifications:

Engine
-A.I.R. Deleted
-E.G.R Deleted
-Custom Port/Polished 853 Heads: 11:1 Compression
-Flow Figures (I/E):
.100: 99.3 / 71.9
.200: 195.3 / 128.6
.300: 243.2 / 173.6
.400: 276.0 / 213.1
.500: 298.3 / 226.3
.600: 315.0 / 239.3
-Comp Cams 921 Dual Springs, Titanium Retainers
-230/236 .612”/.607” 110LSA +1 advance, Comp Cams XFI/XFI lobes, Spec’d By Patrick G for these Heads
-7.4 Chromeoly Hardened Pushrods
-PCV Filter
-8.5 MSD Spark Plug Wires
-AC Declo Inridium Spark Plugs
-60# Mototron Injectors High Impedence (Not Flowmatched)
-255lph Walbro pump
-LS6 Intake Painted Ruri Blue (read body work)
- Port, Polished, and Epoxied TB
-Port and Polished MAF
-ASP Underdrive Pullies
-Optima Yellow Top Battery

Exhaust
-TTS 1 3/4" Long Tube Headers and 2.5" Catted Y-Pipe
-SLP Dual/Dual

Transmission and Rearend
-Yank SS 4000 Stall
-TransGo Shift Kit
-B&M Tranny Cooler
-3.73 Gears
-G2 Girdle Cover
-Line Lock

Suspension
-Eibach Pro Kit
-Boxed Lower Control Arms
-Two-way Adj Pan hard Rod
-SLP Shock Tower Brace
-Rear Jounce Spacers

Interior
-2001 Camaro Interior
-No Rips, tears, and nothing is broken except for where the passenger window controls are, noted in pictures.
-Charcoal Leather Seats and interior
-Driver Six-way Power Seat
-Power Mirrors
-Power Windows with one press drivers window
-50% Tint All Around
-Monsoon 6 Disc Sound System, The changer was wrecked in the accident since it sits in the back, it only has a tape player and radio but does have the plug in the spot for the changer just needs one to be plugged in and would be ready to go!
-From the Firewall to the rear seats is dynamat sound deadener. It does a very good job at keeping the road noise and the exhaust noise out of the cabin. Driving on the highway there is a no drone you can just here the nice tone of the exhaust.
-The carpet has a few stains shown in pictures, but the car will be detailed before it leaves.
-Since the harness and everything is from the 01 it has the automatic lights, the parking lights come on when it starts to get dark and then the head lights come on when it gets dark. Which by the way the passenger high beam needs to be replaced, which I can do if buyer so pleases. I was going to buy the xenon kit for it so I haven’t replaced it yet.

Exterior
-The car is currently a few shades of black, the fender and front bumper are a little faded because they are from the 94, the hood is flat black, and the rest of the car is nice and shiny. There are quite a few scratches on the parts belonging to the 94 which would be expected for a 14 year old car, but this is also the reason I was going to fix the little dings and scratches and paint it Ruri blue.
My plans are to paint the car Ruri blue which comes on the Mitsubishi Evo’s and then paint a flat black manta stripe on the car with a flat black berger panel. The engine bay is already painted since I had the engine out and it was a perfect time, so you can see the color in the pictures. It is a beautiful color and really pops in the sunlight, it’s bright but deep at the same time.
-There is a little ding on the Passenger side rocker panel and then a small chip in the hatch by the key hole and also the paint has chipped off on the rear bumper by the license plate. These are all noted in the pictures. There are no fog lights either, I was just going to run some aftermarket ones.
-Tru Fiber SS Hood 2 which fits great just needs to be adjusted at the attachment points but for the time being was bolted on so I could drive it around. It looks like a stock SS hood but has the ram air ducts like the LS1 style hoods, therefore I had to make a custom intake assembly. Stock 94 hood is included though.
-Clear front turn signals, with appropriate.
-T-Tops with Shades

As for the intake assembly I had a friend help me make a custom one since I couldn’t route it like the LT1 style because I have the fuse box’s there and I couldn’t use the LS1 air box since the hood was not tall enough. So I went looking around for some ideas and I came across the LT1 Firehawk setup, which was perfect for what I needed. The box is painted flat black and sits on top of a K&N FPIK radiator support which holds it into place. The filter is a flat K&N filter (I will provide the number to the buyer so they know what to replace it with.

This setup works great, the back part of the filter seals up against the hood and the ram air ducts aim right on the top of the filter using a deflector to help guide the air.

The engine oil an filter has been changed three times since the rebuild just to make sure there isn’t any debris left in the motor form tear down. It currently runs Castrol 0-W30 the german formula with the larger K&N oil filter. The trans oil has also been changed with Castrol ATF Fluid and the filter has also been changed. There is all new brake fluid to and the rear end in full. Power steering fluid is also new.

Extras
K&N FPIK Setup
Triple Pod Pillar
Autometer C2 Trans Temp gauge
Autometer C2 A/F gauge narrowband
Autometer C2 Fuel Pressure gauge
There might be some other things I will have to check it out.
LCA Relocation Brackets

As far as pricing I was looking some where around $9K. I checked the prices on here of what all of the mods would go for depending on the condition and it came to around 6K. If you want to have the whole car painted Ruri blue I can talk to my painter and I can see if we can work out a deal or I can just give you the paint and you can have you painter paint it or if you want to paint it another color that’s fine too.

I’m just throwing this out there to see if there are any bites and if I get a good enough one then I’ll let it go, but I don’t have to. I would be willing to trade for the right car, it would have to be a M6 and I would prefer a Trans Am but am open to other cars.

Here is a link to Picutres
http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k8...hed/?start=all

And here is a link to the dyno graph
http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k8...7/Dyno%20Tune/

I will try to get a video up of the car.

Thanks

Last edited by 2SLO4ME; 06-05-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Added Dynamat to interior
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Any Interest...
Old 06-04-2008, 02:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You have a pm sir
Old 06-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Launching!

PM Sent
Old 06-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Launching!

I figured more people would jump on this, especially the people that want the LSPower but prefer the earlier 4th Gen Body Style. There were no cut corners and Would have complete faith in sending this off with my sister, who knows nothing about cars, all the way to the West coast.. I've taken it on a few hour and half trips and it drives beautifully.

The only thing that I forgot to mention is that at around 75mph there is a small vibration. I've checked the drive shaft to see if anything is hitting or if anything is hitting anywhere else and I can't find anything. It doesn't appear that a weight has fallen of the driveshaft either. You don't feel the vibration in the steering wheel so it's not the suspension, but you can hear it. This only happens when you let off the throttle, but if you give it a constant throttle then the vibration goes away.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think more people would want it if you didnt want so much 10k is alot for a lt1 body car and plus the people that buy it are gonna have to have cash cause you cant go to a band and get a loan to get that money for that car. I will give you 7k for the car.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Launching!

Well it is 10K OBO.

As for the LT1 Body part I would say that 90% of this car is a 2001;
The engine, transmission, dirveshaft, read end, suspension, full brake system, cooling system, PCM, BCM, full wiring harness, full fuel system, full interior, doors and windows, rear hatch, SS spolier, T-Tops.
And the only things that are from the 94 is the shell, front and rear bumpers, fenders, the headlights and taillights, and the wheels, with the hood being aftermarket.

If there where no exterior pieces on the car you would think it was a LS1 car.

Oh I also forgot to mention in the OP that it has A/C.

I would trade for a sport bike plus cash also along with what was noted above.

I could do 9K
Old 06-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Ttt Obo
Old 06-06-2008, 09:05 PM

so just the engine bay is blue?....
Old 06-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Yes just the engine bay is painted blue so I guess if you wanted it to be black it wouldn't be to hard

Quick Reply: 94 SS Clone, LS1 Swap Running E85 450RWHP