Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

2001 Trans Am - fully built Twin Turbo LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump....
Old 08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

Interior Pics

Name:  BrentsCar017.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  73.7 KB
Name:  BrentsCar018.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  90.5 KB
Name:  BrentsCar019.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  102.1 KB
Name:  BrentsCar022.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  121.4 KB
Name:  BrentsCar023.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  57.8 KB
Old 08-28-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

bump.....
Old 08-29-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

TTT....
No one else interested in a badass car for a good price? I already did all the work.... you just have to enjoy it, the same way i have for the last 6 months!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Regular

Can I make love to your car? I promise I will be quick...
Old 08-30-2008, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

wish i was closer.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sicko
Can I make love to your car? I promise I will be quick...
hahaha

Originally Posted by badazzta00
wish i was closer.
like i mentioned earlier... i'm willing to accomodate the best i can!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Default 2 cars?

would you trade for a 05 tiburon gt with only 30k miles (under warranty) AND an 04 stage 2 srt4? we may be on to something if your up for this
Old 08-30-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

i love this car, somebody near me buy it so i can see it drive? lol
Old 08-31-2008, 06:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by louism
would you trade for a 05 tiburon gt with only 30k miles (under warranty) AND an 04 stage 2 srt4? we may be on to something if your up for this
I'm sorry, but i can't do this.... I have to have cash as a part of a trade in order to be able to pay the car off... I'm sorry!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Teching In

thats ok, I think we may sale the tibby and the dumdumdumdum outright if we can get a clunker to drive everyday and then take the rest of the money as a down payment on your car, we want about 12.5 for each which is a steal....hopefully we can get this stuff out of here and get your car man...what do you think it could run in the 1/4? is this your daily driver? is it a streetable car? what has broke in the past? has it been in a wreck? have the actual dyno sheet so I can see what the curves look like? Id really like to see a video of the car driving around as well. I think that would give us all a good impression of what this car runs like and how the car acts on the street...thank you, and I hope we can see each other soon btw I love your stig sig....he is a golden god
Old 09-01-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by louism
thats ok, I think we may sale the tibby and the dumdumdumdum outright if we can get a clunker to drive everyday and then take the rest of the money as a down payment on your car, we want about 12.5 for each which is a steal....hopefully we can get this stuff out of here and get your car man...what do you think it could run in the 1/4?
I have yet to make it to the track with the car... I've had two guys in it that race consistently at the local drag strip, and they tell me that it feels like it could be a 9 second car... however, being that i geared it for the street (3.08 gears) i highly doubt you can get the 60' required for such a quick time - the trap mph may be there, but i'd expect deep into the 10's as it currently sits...
is this your daily driver?is it a streetable car?
It is not my daily driver, but when the build began, i built it to be my nice weather DD - i knew it wouldn't be anythign i'd want out in the rain, but wanted to be able to put 10,000+ miles per year on it in the nice weather. However, while it was being built, i picked up my pickup truck which i drive to work every day. I have come down with some other responsiblities this summer that don't allow me to run much... i have driven the car some since the ad was originally posted - i have about 1500 miles on the car now sicne the rebuilt. So, i think you can see, that yes its a 100% streetable car... If you are in an area that requires emissions, you will need to have 2 cats put on it - my area not only doesn't require emissions testing (just visual), but if you put less than 5000 miles a year on a vehicle, its emissions exempt altogether. It was built to be a street monster, b/c i'm not much of a track guy. However, i would never want it out in the rain... Mickey Thompson ET streets are absolutely hideous in the wet from what i hear (i've never experienced it).

what has broke in the past?
last fall it ate a fuel pump... walboro warrantied this as a defect... however, you need to be very careful to keep enough gas in the tank. with two pumps pulling so hard, if you let it get too low, they will suck too hard and starve each other. this used to happen to me every once in a while, and i was going to just spend another $300 and put a single A1000 pump in it, but i havent had a problem with them in months, so i have sorta let that slide. Also, the original builder didn't put large enough oil lines to the turbos. It blew both turbos up, and Precision verified it was becuase of lack of oil. The entire oiling system was replaced by a guy that is a turbo guru - larger lines and custom pressed - she has been top notch ever since. [/QUOTE]
has it been in a wreck?
i wrecked the car once about 2 years ago.... slid off the road at 35 mph, and the cop actually blamed the road for it, saying there is multiple wrecks at that same spot every month. The car was fixed by the very reputable shop that my insurance company suggested, and all the repairs (including paint) are guaranteed for life. I had the car back to them 4 times in the next month to fix things they over looked, so you can be sure that i didn't overlook a thing and got it all back to perfection. when the car was tore apart for the turbo kit, it was verified everything was done right!

have the actual dyno sheet so I can see what the curves look like? Id really like to see a video of the car driving around as well. I think that would give us all a good impression of what this car runs like and how the car acts on the street...thank you, and I hope we can see each other soon btw I love your stig sig....he is a golden god
dyno sheet is below... the tune could probably use a little work. I had it tuned extremely conservative because i wanted this car to be 100% streetable and wanted it to last for as many miles as a stock car... it would make a lot more power "under the curve" if you leaned it out a bit... at WOT, it starts out around 10.2:1 and gradually leans out to 11.0:1.. get that to stay steady around 11.0:1 and from what i saw about how it grabs gobs of power with small changes, the car will make WAY more power "under the curve."

As for a video, i will see what i can do about getting one today. Its a nice day today and i had a full day on this holiday, but i will see if i can grab a few minutes to get out there and run her around...

Name:  4832104130.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  60.7 KB
Old 09-02-2008, 06:37 AM
TECH Regular

Ttt...
Old 09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Edit folks... the car has 76,8XX miles on it - I got my numbers mixed up - i was thinking of its rebuilt mileage, which was 74,700 on it... I now have around 2100 miles on the new motor/turbo kit/95% of the car... she's beed tested and remains tried and true!!

Vids requested above are currently downloading off of my camera to be uploaded to google video or the like.... stay tuned!

Last edited by SonofaBish; 09-03-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:33 AM
TECH Regular

Just cruising around... may get boring b/c i don't have a video editing program
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50564137&hl=en

60-130 sprint on an uphill slope, ttops out, windows down...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19412928&hl=en
Old 09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Teching In

ohhhh You made it move!!!! seriously bad *** car bad I drool over this everyday... why did i buy a gto
Old 09-03-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ILLFearU
ohhhh You made it move!!!! seriously bad *** car bad I drool over this everyday... why did i buy a gto
thanks man.... never too late to switch to an f-body haha
Old 09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Default car for sale

How long of a drive is it from pittsburg to Baton Rouge? Everytime I look at this tread I think about it. Bump for ya'.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RDY2RUN
How long of a drive is it from pittsburg to Baton Rouge? Everytime I look at this tread I think about it. Bump for ya'.
Well, if you're serious, its 1,149 miles, and apprx. 17.5 hours (says google, which is usually pretty good)

I've made the drive from Pittsburgh to Pensacola to see my brother in the Navy, and its definitely a long haul! but this car is worth it!!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Teching In

I would so trade you the GTO but i know you need the cash. GL with sale sorry you have to let it go.

Quick Reply: 2001 Trans Am - fully built Twin Turbo LS1