1986 Monte SS in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1986 Monte SS in Atlanta

OK, So she's fully for sale now, so heres the run down:

1986 Monte Carlo SS, has 1987 Taillights, rear bumper and support. Interior is original in great shape, few minor cig. burns, not through the carpet or seat, just surface. Top of door panels has slight fade. Car paintjob is two toned silver and maroon, has metallic, kinda hard to see. The paint is meh, about a 10 to 15 footer, small spots of minor dings and dents and lil spots where paintchip has happened. Slight surface rust behind tires where they have thrown up some rocks but nothing bad at all.

Engine: 350 4 bolt main. Forged steel crankshaft and connecting rods. Pistons are TRW/Fed Mogul .30 forged dished pistons with moly rings. World Products sportsman heads with bronze guides, ported and polished bolws. Valves are 2.050 and 1.60 Manley sever duty stainless steel. Heads are milled to 60cc. Crane gold rocker rollers. Comp Cams valve springs 980-16 1.250 outer w/dampner. Comp Cams 7 degree steel retainers 742-16. Edelbrock performer intake topped off with stage 2 or 3 rebuilt race Qjet. Comp Cam 280H-10, complete kit, cam, lifters, everyting. Bascially rebuilt first time 15k miles ago, then added cam about 5k ago. Full MSD plugwires, 6al box, and billet distributor. Has heat, but no A/C, took it off because I never use it. There is nitro on the car, but ran one bottle, detuned it to run without nitro, but its all there and hooked up. Engine has all ARP bolts, heads, rods everywhere! Holley fuel pump, Milodon water pump. So much more just ask

Headers are unknown, can't find reciept, but has full length exhaust, no cats, and old Iceman crossmember. Flowmaster 40's 2.5 in and out, and rear exhuast exits behind tires, pretty much GN style. Just replaced header gaskets with the copper gaskets and alluminum collector gaskets, yes they still loosen up occasionally, but easily fixed.

Transmission was rebuilt when engine was, and has small stall in it. Shifts firm and is great, though there is a slight delay in shift, higher shift points. Has B&M shiftkit, and external oil cooler mounted in front of the radiator. Rearend is Grand National 8.5 rearend, rebuilt less than 1k miles ago, 4.11 gears put into it and had a new posi unit installed as well. Longer wheel studs.

Rims/tires are in great condition. Nitto 555's on rearend are 275/60/15 have about 5k on them, don't drive much. Good set of 205/65/15s on the front, good years. Rims are what you see, they could use a great polish, but shine nicely, welds prostars.

Radio is a Pioneer, great radio, has Ipod box/hookup already in there. Sub is a 12" JL Audio, and 900 watt amp. also another 4x75 watt amp for the 6x9"s in the rear, again pioneer.

Random stuff that is there: Goodmark hood, fiberglass, has moog springs and have an extra set of lowering shocks to go with it. Radiator is out of a suburban. Has trunkmat for rear deck with neons in it. The driveshaft is also out of a GN. B&M shifter, I believe that its a 3 speed shifter on a 4 speed tranny, works fine. Again, theres alot of money, I've got a folder full of reciepts, oil changed every 3 months, never makes it to 3k miles, with semi synthetic.

Lastly, have original window sticker, bought in Maryland, I bought it from a member on the board 3 years ago in VA, been in georgia ever since. I like everybody else, have put more than 25-30k into the car, so I'm putting it up for sale 13.5k or best offer, may consider partial trades for something of interest.

So, please let me know guys, and we'll work something else. First pic on photobucket is when I bought it, rest are since then. Pics here:
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...%20Carlo%20SS/

Sound clip is here: http://media.putfile.com/Monte-Carlo...p-Awesome-Loud

Old 11-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Staging Lane

Daily bump OBO
Old 12-01-2008, 06:33 AM
12 Second Club

Bumb for a great car

Quick Reply: 1986 Monte SS in Atlanta